PG Music Home
Posted By: Larry Kehl Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/16/17 10:22 PM
As usual FYI only but looks like the early sales to suck up your money before the holidays even hit are here grin

This can use the free Kontakt player or obviously the full Kontakt

There are no solo instruments - just sections - but Kirk Hunter stuff is pretty good (I have Diamond Orch) and and for $89 this is a steal IF you full or cinematic sounds - at a inexpensive price

https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products/virtuoso-ensemble/

Larry
Posted By: MarioD Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/16/17 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
As usual FYI only but looks like the early sales to suck up your money before the holidays even hit are here grin

This can use the free Kontakt player or obviously the full Kontakt

There are no solo instruments - just sections - but Kirk Hunter stuff is pretty good (I have Diamond Orch) and and for $89 this is a steal IF you full or cinematic sounds - at a inexpensive price

Larry

The only solos are the woodwinds, flute, oboe, clarinet, and bassoons.

Larry, I also have the Diamond Orchestra as well as the solo string program; I'm not at my music computer and since I have CRS I can't remember the name of that program. I'm not sure that I need this one but I just might bite and use this as the quick and dirty orchestra for BiaB.
yep, I COMPLETELY missed that obvious "solo" line entry for woodwinds.

I mean it was hidden by being BOLDED and right there in plain sight! wink
Posted By: MarioD Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/18/17 11:39 AM
yep, I COMPLETELY missed that obvious "solo" line entry for woodwinds.

I mean it was hidden by being BOLDED and right there in plain sight! wink

grin grin Been there - done that grin grin
Posted By: jford Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/18/17 01:25 PM
Purchased, downloaded, just need to unzip the files and install the library. I've got a project I want to use them for this weekend, so good timing.
I'm sitting here on the verge of pulling trigger myself, and I have a bunch of orchestration packages but this one looks/sounds really promising and probably a little easier to incorporate

(Too bad I'm not scoring for games - that first audio sample "Pirate War" reminds me of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim)

Larry
just FYI last few hours to get it at $89 - ends today
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/29/17 06:56 PM
You guys are killin me here. I listened to a bit and it does sound pretty sweet. You would think that I could find something to do with this, particularly since it is in my price budget???

This orchestra sound is actually why I first bought Sampletank years ago and to this day have very little recorded content to show for the investment. So I am a bit gun shy.

So tell me, is this really a quantum leap beyond the old Sample Tank stuff or just a bit of an upgrade in sound and features??

I found more info than I needed...

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/kirk-hunter-virtuoso-ensembles-sale-89-reg-299.65657/page-1
Define OLD ST do you mean 2.5 or 3?

In either case, for ORCHESTRAL sounds this is better IMHO then either, especially over ST2 and I like ST2/3 for NON-symphonic sounds (I'm not including Miro 2, different animal).

But subjective "quality" aside this is going to be a lot faster to USE to actually put-out/lay-down a fast "orchestration" than ST2 or Kontakt doing it instrument by instrument - section my section.

If you never do anything like that anyway save your nickles and dimes. The drain your bank account season is just getting started!

Larry
Dan

Now he's just messen' with ya - he extended sale another 48 hours (through tomorrow) grin

Larry
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/30/17 08:31 PM
Dan

Now he's just messen' with ya - he extended sale another 48 hours (through tomorrow) grin

Larry

His ploy may just work. I am listening to some demos now and may be tipping. Who would not love these sounds. The question is, will I be able to make music with them?
Posted By: lambada Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/31/17 05:53 AM
My thoughts exactly, Dan.

This is nice for $40.
https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products/solo-strings-1/
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/31/17 08:46 PM
Appreciate the input guys. thanks much. Sale will be over in a few hours.

Just for the record, I listened to the demo's and viewed the articulations and feature videos, and have to say there is not much to not like about this package. Add to that the price drop and it seems up my alley.

The question in my mind is, can I make music with it? I am not a keyboardist. I generally can bang out triads and chord shells and simple melodies and rhythms, but more often relay on existing midi tracks and loops to arrange my songs. On top of that, while I love orchestral pieces, I am not an orchestral performer or arranger. So thinking I can do something with this my be a pipe dream. Just sayin..
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 10/31/17 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
..... can I make music with it?

I guess we will be finding out. grin
Posted By: lambada Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 11/01/17 04:22 AM
I jumped and got the solo strings as well for $39. Now to refresh my keyboard playing skills.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 11/01/17 09:54 AM
Installed this morning. A bit tricky to install a new Kontack library but I figured it out. Loaded the Orchestral Percussion and grabbed a handful of keys on the keyboard all at once.

Wow, good thing the the headphones were not turned up too load. What a massive rich vibrant sound! OK, I'm happy.

grin
And biab 2018 is probably 4-5 weeks away, not to mention all the black Friday offers coming soon as well as all the over Christmas holidays sales and new years sales.

I was browsing through the Soundonsound print magazine in a newaagents a few days ago looking at all the hardware and software on offer and it just brought home to me, that if you want to get rid of money music products is the way to do it.

Nevertheless good luck to everyone who invested in the above, I'm sure it will give you many hours of fun.

Musiclover
Originally Posted By: musiclover
If you want to get rid of money, music products is the way to do it.

LOL, so true.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 11/04/17 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Larry

The only solos are the woodwinds, flute, oboe, clarinet, and bassoons.

I believe there are two more solo instruments from the Orchestral Percussion family: Tympani and Killer Kettles and then there is also a very nice Piano added as a solo instrument.

The percussion is so cool. I have got to get them in my next project. I am loving the sounds of this library. So musical even under the control of my stumble-fingers.

By the way, the sale is still on. No regrets here.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Kirk Hunter- Virtuoso Ensembles Sale $89 - 11/04/17 02:07 PM
A bit of a learning curve for me. Found a possible "bug" issue?? That, combined with fact that this library is version 1.0.0., it is a year old and it has no website forum, made me wonder, is there any support?

So a query to the support line to see if anyone is home. I quickly got a personal response from KH himself. Still loving this library. grin
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: musiclover
If you want to get rid of money, music products is the way to do it.

LOL, so true.
Yep, very much so. Bought solo strings no 1 via paypal, and i got no working download link, only an invoice PDF, and no replies on a complaint but an automated one. I'll wait 24 hours from now, but then revoke payments. The good thing about paypal LoL. -F

UPDATE: Well, I got a reply from Kirk OK. The download should work according the mail i got, and i got it working, in my case from another computer. The link seemed a bit hidden sort of, why i couldn't find it ....
© PG Music Forums