PG Music Home
Hello all

My November blog post has now been published.

How to create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet

In this post I explain how I made a backing track with the melody included from a lead sheet using only Band-in-a-Box and my computer (no midi instrument or music theory knowledge needed). If you have some old "songbooks" this can be a great way to get those songs into band-in-a-Box so that you can create a cover version and/or learn to play along or whatever else you want to do with those songs.

Here is a quick video of Judy Garland's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that I made using this method.

PS at the end of the blog post there is a link for you to download the .MGU file for your information.
Joanne - you've outdone yourself with this one! Thank you for such a detailed explanation of creating a song with the program - and I love that you shared your song at the end smile

-Callie
Hey, this is my favorite so far. I've been wanting to do this for a while. Your blog lesson is quite thorough and I'm off to find some song books....
Hi Charlie and Callie

Thanks so much!

Here is a jazzy version of Amazing Grace that I made for a Songtradr licensing opportunity using this method.

http://www.songtradr.com/songs/joanne-cooper/amazing-grace
© PG Music Forums