PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Beyond Cakewalk - 11/27/17 04:15 PM
So with all the fear mongering and paranoia going on around the "certain and eminent" demise of all things Cakewalk...... there's a new forum site up and running for all the Cakewalk Ex-pats who need their daily dose of Cake.

www.beyondcakewalk.com is the place. It's a forum site very similar to the Cake forums in the event that you wake up one morning to discover that the Cake site has gone 404 ERROR on you. It's not on the Baker's servers so it shouldn't go away. Unless it does.

Thought some of you might like to know if you don't already.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Beyond Cakewalk - 11/27/17 04:38 PM
Thanks, Herb. I had not seen that.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Beyond Cakewalk - 11/28/17 10:50 AM
I had a brief post with Bapu who is an admin over there.... they are importing the Cakewalk post count so everyone retains their post count standing in the new site. Many of the old cakers have shown up in the new forum. So it looks like the most likely place to still get advice on all things cake.

I saw an "ask me anything" post on Facebook which was supposedly from one of the CW staff insiders..... it's not looking good. The gist of the session was, most of the staff is out on the street looking new jobs. Poor & inept management that didn't care, took it down. They are supposed to be sending everyone the keys and converting subscriptions to owners.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Beyond Cakewalk - 11/28/17 10:59 AM
Fired staff need to be careful lest they jeopardize chances for jobs with new employers.

I’ll see what that forum looks like. Thanks.
© PG Music Forums