PG Music Home
Posted By: Keith from Oz The Understatement of the year .... - 12/05/17 11:49 PM
... or perhaps the century.

Paul McCartney is currently here in Oz for a series of concerts.
During an interview he was asked about his early ambitions & aspirations.
He replied "When I was young, I just wanted to join a band."
"And I did join a band. And it turned out to be a pretty good band."

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Understatement of the year .... - 12/06/17 07:51 AM
Pretty good band, eh? You'd think he's got tickets on himself (ha ha grin grin grin)

Yes, and a fantastic interview with Leigh Sales the other night. She was speechless.

What a fantastic, humble and deserving gentleman. The world is definitely a better place because of people like Sir Paul, and what that 'pretty good band' delivered.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Understatement of the year .... - 12/06/17 01:49 PM
Just a humble soul.

Imagine the ruckus if he had said.... yeah, we had a band that was the greatest band that ever existed. We redefined practically every genre of music and changed the music business in huge ways that people are still trying to understand and we influenced all of the major artists of the last four decades. We were, and still are freaking amazing.

While totally true.... what he said was better.... IMHO
Yeah, they only shaped the course of popular music for the last half a century - you could say they're pretty good :P

Seriously, just goes to show how humbled of a person Paul is.
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Understatement of the year .... - 12/07/17 01:10 PM
Very humble words from a gentleman who helped to completely change the direction of an entire imndustry on a worldwide basis. yeah, pretty classy!

Alan
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: The Understatement of the year .... - 12/07/17 05:08 PM
I live in Los Angeles certainly one of the few musical centers of the universe and I've been surprised that I very rarely hear any Beatles stuff on the radio. I listen to jazz, blues and classic rock a lot and for the classic rock stations especially, zero Beatles. It's all heavier rock including the Stones or classic Motown and soul stuff. Of course my listening is spotty, maybe there's a regular Beatles hour and I've just missed it.

Bob
© PG Music Forums