PG Music Home
Posted By: Russell DeMussel A song I did during beta test - 12/14/17 08:34 PM
Everything you are listening to was composed in BB and then finished up in RB.

Where or when
Posted By: Sundance Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 12:59 AM
Really pretty rendition of that classic song Russ.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 03:56 AM
Thank you. Thank you kindly Ma'am. I really appreciate it.

My throat's shot so you can hear the fluctuations in my voice you didn't hear before.

I hope others listen to it and give me an evaluation.
Posted By: Le Miz Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 04:01 AM
Very nice Russ!

My most admired melodist. (Richard Rodgers)

I am curious: What hardware or software did you use to get the vocal harmonies?

(This is surprisingly close to the Dion and the Belmonts vocal arrangement, and that's a non-trivial undertaking.)

Good to see you posting here again after such a long time away.

I hope your life is going great!!!
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 04:38 AM
Hi Le Miz. Thank you for the compliment. You'd be surprised to know that every note, sound structure and harmony was done in Band in a box and Real Band. All of the instruments, with the exception of the sax, was with Real Instruments. The sax is a Midi I made by mousing in the notes in Band in a box. Then I assigned a VSTi sax to the midi. Then converted it into an audio in Real Band.

As for the harmonies, It took some doing and re-doing to get that sound. But I made the background harmony then made the harmony from that with TC Helicon. Then I laid down the lead vocal track Which is in the middle of the song. There's no harmony in that track. Just me singing that little part. Then when played together they sound like they do.

Frankly I've been working on that song, on and off, since last years beta. laugh

I've got another one I'll be posting sometime once I'm satisfied I've got it down as good as possible.

Thanks again for your kind words.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 11:34 AM
Russ, long time no see! It's great to hear a song from you again. As usual you did a great job on this 50's classic. This showcases what can be done with PGMusic products.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 05:41 PM
Russ, it's all been said but I'll add my welcome back. You've been missed, especially by us old pharts. I know you are into RC modeling, another fun thing. We lost Londoner, Alan Simm, to the same "bug". I hope your health is improved and you are fully recovered. We need you here.

Donny
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 08:34 PM
Great Job, Russ.

Jeaux
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 09:49 PM
Are you related at all to Brendon DeTendon?
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 10:45 PM
Hey Eddie. No I can't say that I am.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/15/17 10:46 PM
Hey Joe old buddy. It's good to see you're still kickin' the can around. wink
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: A song I did during beta test - 12/16/17 12:14 AM
Hey Russ,

I was checking out some of your RC Airplane videos and I am glad you have so much fun with them. I haven't heard from you in a while and I was so glad to see you are still doing music.

Merry Christmas as well.

Trax
© PG Music Forums