PG Music Home
HI ALL

Tubular Bells in GM XG midi

As there has been quite a bit of discussion on Midi on here lately, I thought some of you might like to have a look and listen to this one.
I have had this for over 15 years and during that time have revisited it and worked on it many times to rescue it from the poor state it was in when I first got from the internet.
This is indeed a a remarkable midi it has 38 tracks sharing 16 channels, therefore channels have to be used more than once for different instruments at different times on different tracks,
As many midi commands are continuous you have to be sure to tidy as you go at the end of a section and sett your starting parameters at the start of each new section using that channel on a different track especially things like bank and patch change and master track volume if it was faded last time the channel was used on a different track
Or the Synth will remember the last vol etc sent to that channel.
Download Midi from box net link below.
This is a large file for a Midi 338k I once had a Yamaha keyboard that could not load it .
Any way this is a pretty good version of what Mike O original produce by playing the instruments and multi tracking and sequencing on tape way back then.

https://app.box.com/s/gnxyktj5ycogxh9hwjya3pccvm3kc6q2

Enjoy the music.
Mike

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
© PG Music Forums