PG Music Home
Just another FYI with a BIG CAVEAT so read and heed

Studio One Artist with some loop packs on sale for $49, normally $99 – BUT pay attention you need another $80 add-on to use ANY VSTs (or AUs or Rewire).

Presonus has this asinine marketing scheme that you need to buy a separate $80 package to use ANY VSTs, AU and Rewire- again there is NO internal support for VSTs in the Artist package until you BUY this add-on, enough said.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundle/89-Complete-Collection/4034-PreSonus-Studio-One-Artist-Bundle?utm_source=PIB+Optin+List&utm_campaign=2b1b316a6d-PIB+NL_19_01_18+%28DEFAULT%29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_168c8b9b40-2b1b316a6d-319570241&mc_cid=2b1b316a6d&mc_eid=7107d53e82
Which is why paying $49 is $49 too much. Particularly when Tracktion 6 is completely free with no nags
Actually, I find the $80 fee encouraging. Until now, to get Rewire functionality, you had to buy the full program, which was several hundred dollars. (Don’t know about plug ins.) So, TO ME, this appears to be a cheaper way in. However, the caveat is essential! Thanks for the heads up.

Richard
Again Tracktion is free and includes rewire
Again concur

I was just passing on the info becasue there seems to be a lot of interest in trying Studio One becasue of the recent Sonar "thing" (good freebies not withstanding)

Larry
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Again concur

I was just passing on the info becasue there seems to be a lot of interest in trying Studio One becasue of the recent Sonar "thing" (good freebies not withstanding)

Larry

I went from Sonar to Studio One. The terminology and workflow are different but not that difficult to use. There are a number of instructional vids to watch. MIDI is not as well implemented as Sonar was but it is very usable and in fact there are parts of it I better.
I am still on the lower part of a steep learning curve however most of that is do to the fact that I used Cakewalk products for many years going back to Pro Audio 9. Old habits are hard to break. I like Studio One so I am staying with it. Note that I have Studio One 3.5 Professional.
As a longtime Cakewalk user I switched to Presonus Studio One Pro almost two years ago. I haven't looked back. Even though the stock plugins that come with the Artist program are good you can get the PreSonus Studio One 3 Professional Crossgrade for under $199 on sale now.
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Just another FYI with a BIG CAVEAT so read and heed

Studio One Artist with some loop packs on sale for $49, normally $99 – BUT pay attention you need another $80 add-on to use ANY VSTs (or AUs or Rewire).

Presonus has this asinine marketing scheme that you need to buy a separate $80 package to use ANY VSTs, AU and Rewire- again there is NO internal support for VSTs in the Artist package until you BUY this add-on, enough said.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/81-Bundle/89-Complete-Collection/4034-PreSonus-Studio-One-Artist-Bundle?utm_source=PIB+Optin+List&utm_campaign=2b1b316a6d-PIB+NL_19_01_18+%28DEFAULT%29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_168c8b9b40-2b1b316a6d-319570241&mc_cid=2b1b316a6d&mc_eid=7107d53e82

Thanks for the info. I am looking to get studio one because of the ease of recording live with the studiolive mixers.
© PG Music Forums