PG Music Home
Repeat issue, solved before but forgot how. Win 7, IE. When I log in, as soon as I hit a link it says I am not logged in. Did delete cached pages, but that’s it.

TIA,

Richard
Richard, I don't know if this helps. Your Browser needs to accept cookies.

Can you try a different browser? Firefox or Chrome?

From the FAQ's:

Cookies are used to remember your login information as well as what posts you have read during your current session. Without accepting cookies some functions won't work properly.

It also has these possibly relevant items in the FAQ's:

This checklist may help you successfully log in:

1) Make sure you are entering your password correctly. Passwords are case-sensitive.

2) Ensure that your browser supports cookies; if so, check the security level you are using. High levels of security restriction in certain browsers will automatically reject cookies. In order to use the key features of these forums, you'll need to accept cookies. The maker of your browser can help you with additional problems you may have with your cookie settings.

3) Completely log out by hitting the Log Out link in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and then log back in again.

4) After logging in, you may have to hit the Reload or Refresh button on your browser to expedite the authentication.

5) If these steps don't work you can try purging your cookies for this site using the My Cookies tool.

6) If you continue to have problems, go to the Log In page and click "Have you forgotten your login information?". Enter your real email address into the Email Address field and a temporary password will be emailed to the email address used for the account setup.
I've had trouble with IE not keeping my forum login. This has primarily been on a work computer, so it could be locked down settings.

However, Firefox has always worked for me, including on a work computer.
Are you checking the box at login that says to remember you?
Originally Posted By: rharv
Are you checking the box at login that says to remember you?

Always! That’s why I’m surprised.

I know I can use Firefox, but I prefer IE for this, and have always used it in the past.

It will take me a bit to get through the other checklist.

Thanks, all! I’ll keep you posted.

R.
Yeah, I was having problems for years at the office with this forum using IE but not at home. At the office what I did was log in then go immediately to My Stuff. It says I have to login. I do it there and I'm ok, it remembers the login but as soon as I close the browser it starts over again.

This was up to maybe 6 months ago. Now it's fine, no issues. No idea why but it's probably due to an update or a change with our offsite IT company. I know I never reported this issue to them but maybe someone else in the office was having a similar issue with another website and reported it.

At home using Win 10 no issues with any browser including Edge.

Bob
Don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to see more and more problems with IE as MS moves support to Edge. Some sites, like CNN, now have a pop-up that says video is not fully supported on IE. Have noted other sites that are getting a little flaky too. Could this be a problem here too?

Don't really like Edge all that much so I'm trying to migrate over to Chrome. No problems with Chrome here on the forum other than a bit different formatting.

Jeff
I've been using Edge on this forum with no issues so far....
No issues with Firefox.
No problems experienced here with Chrome.
I haven’t tried to do anything with IE on my PC since posting my question, and have done everything on my phone. Things is, my Hotmail/Outlook email and another common site are unusable, too. I think MS is really trying to push users away from IE, which is problematic since (a) Outlook is a MS product, which often don’t work well in other browsers (Windows Update is positively hostile), and (b) I have no intention of upgrading from Win 7.

I use Safari and Chrome on my iPhone for most things, and Firefox on my PC.

R.
I've seen that push from Micro$oft too sir. So I've finally abandoned IE a few months back and have been using Edge in it's place. It's basically a newer IE to me. It hasn't been too rough just a quirky difference here and there. I use it and Firefox for the most part.
No problems with FireFox here.
© PG Music Forums