PG Music Home
The Australian based, +++ AudioTechnology Magazine +++ , has a great article describing some of the background details about Bandlab purchasing Cakewalk. The article is +++ HERE +++
From the Cakewalk forum, there has been further good news. Two of the top Cakewalk employees were hired by BandLab, including chief technical officer Noel Borthwick. I note with interest the prior Microsoft partner award for BandLab since Noel has been an advisor to Microsoft.
I assume Steve Skillings is Bandlab's technology guru since he came up with the JamHub technology that Bandlab is partially based on. Yet I bet most people in the Cakewalk forum are even aware of Steve's contribution because Meng Ru Kuok has been the Bandlab interface with the Cakewalk forum to date. Similarly Noel has been the voice of Cakewalk while Ben has been "mostly" silent.

The new, to me at least, information was how Bandlab acquired an IOS app called Compose to bring online music production capability to the platform. The recording and online DAW features have received pretty high praise in the Cakewalk forum.

Noel, not Cakewalk, patented the technology used in Momentum. The purpose of Momentum and Bandlab are similar so I can understand Bandlab seeking both Cakewalk and Noel.
I mostly like to cruise the forums to lurk & learn. grin :thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words. We are very excited by what we can bring to the world with the technology developed by the Cakewalk team and with what we have going on at BandLab. The future DAW looks very bright to us. We hope you guys agree and help us to improve it.

Steve
Hi Steve. I’m a longtime Cakewalk Pro Audio to SONAR user. Best of success to you.
© PG Music Forums