PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Fab Faux - 03/14/18 12:53 PM
For those of you who For those of you who are not old enough or fortunate enough to have seen The Beatles perform (thankfully, I did) this is as close you will get.

The Fab Faux doing side 2 of Abbey Road
Posted By: tommyad Re: Fab Faux - 03/15/18 05:11 PM
Thanks Eddie, that was fantastic!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Fab Faux - 03/15/18 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Thanks Eddie, that was fantastic!

Yep -- I agree and I totally enjoyed this. It's a great concept. Reminds me of Lexington Lab Band.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 10:16 AM
That was great! Thanks smile
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 10:50 AM
Most excellent.

Regards,

Lefty
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 10:51 AM
Really, really excellent talent.

Genius.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 11:45 AM
Thanks Eddie! They are amazing!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 12:48 PM
Sadly they don't play much and rarely near me, shocking given that I am just outside of Cleveland. They have 13 days listed between now and the end of June.

Any band that starts with Will Lee is going to be great.

The closest show to me is like a 4 hour drive so I'd have to do it in the RV, which would add about $100 to the ticket cost when I add in gas in an 8-10 mpg pig of a truck.
Have to pass. If they play Cleveland though I'll go.

I'd love it if they would play on Sep 15th. That was the day I saw The Beatles in 1964. A 12 song set!! That was it. 12 songs. And the show had to be stopped once because people were being knocked down and trampled. I was 13 and WAY in the back of Public Auditorium. Could barely hear music over the screaming and at times couldn't hear it at all.

They came back in August of 1966, the 3rd city on a 14 city tour, and then they stopped touring. And IMHO, the REAL music started coming from them then.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
They came back in August of 1966, the 3rd city on a 14 city tour, and then they stopped touring. And IMHO, the REAL music started coming from them then.

Hey, that's when I was born..... 08/1966.

Agree on their REAL music. I've always liked everything from Rubber Soul (DEC 1965) on.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 03:11 PM
Of course I LIKED them early, but they really grew up when they left the confines of guitar, bass and drums. A lot of the credit for that goes to George (NOT Roger grin ) Martin and Geoff Emerick, but the composition and production was amazing for the time. As I once heard Brian Wilson say, "Without Rubber Soul there would have not been Pet Sounds". And McCartney replied to him saying "Without Pet Sounds there would have been no Sgt Pepper."

As I tell people who downplay the influence of The Beatles, "They broke up in 1970. Two of them are dead. This is 2018. People are still playing their music." If life had a "Mic drop" icon, it would go right there.

But these guys in the Fab Faux, MAN that is some singing right there!! As I start moving around, I will try to make an RV stop coincide with a Fab Faux show.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Fab Faux - 03/16/18 05:35 PM
Brilliant thanks a real gem.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 05:42 AM
[quote=eddie1261]Of course I LIKED them early, but they really grew up when they left the confines of guitar, bass and drums. A lot of the credit for that goes to Roger Martin and Geoff Emerick,

Of course Eddie we all know you really meant George Martin. smile

Brian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 08:49 AM
Quote:
"They broke up in 1970. Two of them are dead. This is 2018. People are still playing their music."

People will play their music forever. Mark my words: They will be remembered as some of the greatest composers of the 20th century. Differently, but still recognizable, just like the work of the great composers who came before them.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 10:14 AM
LOL!!! Roger Martin is a friend and country singer here. Time to edit that.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 05:15 PM
Wow - this is unreal! I would have loved to have had the chance to see The Beatles live in their day. Unfortunately I was born 4 or 5 decades too late :P

Great video none the less - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: rharv Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

Any band that starts with Will Lee is going to be great.

Thanks for reminding me of him.
He has been around a long time and played with the best of them. I've stumbled upon many youtube concerts where I saw him and thought "holy crap!"

For fun, here's a picture from his early days.
If you can name the others in the picture, I'm impressed.
If you can only name < 50% I'm disappoint.
This image is a phone pic from a 40+ year old album I have, so forgive the quality <grin>
Assuming Will was at least 20 when this was taken (1976) he's still looking and playing awfully well. One of the unsung gems in the last 40 years.
I'm adding him to the list of people I want to meet.

Thanks for sharing this

Attached picture BreckerBros_early.jpg
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 07:28 PM
I first learned of Will Lee on the Letterman show, and only then did I start looking into who this monster was and found that he played on a bunch of Spyro Gyra stuff. Total monster player and an amazing singer. With the Fab Faux they are ALL great singers.

I am going to monitor their web page when I am on the road in the RV and track them down somewhere or other. I have GOT to see these guys playing all that Beatles music that the Beatles themselves could not have replicated on stage with their structure.

And Will is one year younger than me so he was 24 when that was taken.
Posted By: rharv Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 07:36 PM
Yeah, I remember watching him on Letterman many years ago, though I already knew who he was then.
Quote:
And Will is one year younger than me so he was 24 when that was taken.

I was about 14 at the time then .. man time flies
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fab Faux - 03/17/18 07:57 PM
Here's one of them WITH Geoff Emerick doing And Your Bird Can Sing. The interview snips between the music are great.

And Will Lee is playing tambourine FROM A CHART!

And Your Bird Can Sing
© PG Music Forums