PG Music Home
Now days Janice and I are all about BiaB and forum collaborations but there was a time.....in a galaxy far away that we played our own instruments. Even lefty Bud played the bass fiddle albeit backasswards smile I spent decades looking at the backside of four bluegrass guys...it improved when my wife Janice joined the band smile

Twenty one years ago at the Coca-Cocal Georgia Bluegrass Jam. Janice was stoked as her fav band, at the time, The Del McCoury Band was on the bill. For those interested in acoustics Janice is playing her '43 D-18 and I'm thumping a 1953 Kay.

Anybody else got any to share?

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: "Back In The Day" gig photos..... - 03/22/18 06:18 PM
Bud,

You're so far in the background I couldn't find you at first! smile

I'm sure "Miss Janice" heard the title lovely added to her name every time she was introduced!

Great photo. Share more if you got 'em.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: "Back In The Day" gig photos..... - 03/23/18 03:08 AM
What fun! Here is not exactly a gig photo but more of a studio shot from around 1999 with my old band mate cuzzie. We used to play the pub circuits and wanted to apply to play on a ship but she went sailing around the world and I got married...

We used to play with horrible midi backing tracks that we downloaded from the internet and had no idea how to make them sound decent.

I really dont know what we were thinking with these outfits!

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: "Back In The Day" gig photos..... - 03/23/18 05:50 AM
I don't have any gig photos, wish I did!

Here is a shot we used to use on posters, the west side blues band from around 1995 or so. I'm on the right.

Wow - keep these coming! Really intriguing for me to see this - I'm sure I'm not alone smile
Hahaha.... Love these, especially yours Joanne.

Mine are from around 1999 and I still use that same keyboard rig!

Description: Band Promo
Attached picture 1930718_1025557435823_448_n.jpg
My band in 1990.

Nice Matt!
Our funk/disco/pop groups in the '80s.

Attached picture 11950446_10206233988502138_4649403106352876459_o.jpg
Attached picture 1926302_718334128211315_2102156932_o.jpg
Could some list the steps required in order attach a photo.
I am signed in and have posted many times before.
@Jim Fogle That put a big appreciate smile on Janice’s face!

@Joane Cooper We have some that make us wonder also!

@ BlueAttitude Y’all styling Dave!

@Sslechata That’s a long time for a keyboard! Great pics.

@Matt Finley Classy for sure.

@Raymb1 Man, does that ever capture the period

Originally Posted By: jazzsax

I upload them to our website and link to them but this is the way to do it if you don't have a place to upload. This is from the PG Music faq. I've never tried it! I think there is a 2mb limit.
-----------------

When creating a new thread or response, you'll see a "File Manager" link on the "Full Reply" or "New Post" page. When selecting this option you'll receive a popup which will allow you to attach files to your post.

Steps:
1. Click "File Manager" to bring up the "Attachment" window.
2. Click "Browse" to bring up the file browser window; this will allow you to browse your computer for any files or images you wish to upload; please note that you're bound by whatever the "allowed file type" setting is for the board.
3. Click "open" on the file you wish to upload.
4. Enter a description of what the file is (if you want to).
5. Click "add file" to add another file, or "done" to close the window and complete your posting.

Please note that you must enter some text in both the "subject" and "post" fields when responding otherwise you will receive an error; you cannot just respond with an attachment wink.

Around 1993. I had that biker 'stache thing going smile and Janice had the big hair thang.

Here ya go. From Winston-Salem to New York to Paris. You guys are cracking me up by the way.Everybody looks great. By the way in the first picture, the guy sitting in front of me is on the editorial board of the LA Times now. We write music together to this day. In the last picture at Versaille I was going through my Mojo Rising Jim Morrison phase. It has not stopped, unfortunately.

Attached picture Swinging Verves3.jpg
Attached picture David_verves.jpg
Attached picture David and Brion Snyder.jpg
Attached picture David Snyder and Band.jpg
Attached picture David_Versaille.jpg
Originally Posted By: jazzsax

This link explains the steps
Great pictures everyone, lots of fun seeing these!

Bud, in the second picture you posted you look like Dickie Betts. Same 'stache anyway.
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great pictures everyone, lots of fun seeing these!

Bud, in the second picture you posted you look like Dickie Betts. Same 'stache anyway.

i used to hear that every now and then...way back then.

Here's a shot of an early band I was in...this is before Janice. 1976-77. Sorry about the hat!

Dave Bell,

In your forum picture you look like a guy who smuggled a Foster's "Oil Can" into a coffee mug and you thought no one one notice.

Who do you think you're fooling man??

smile
I don't think we're going back far enough...keep going...

Attached picture David Snyder young.jpg
OK, here's a bit earlier, 1968. I'm on the left and my late brother is on the right. We were the trumpet players in the band. Look at those amps - we could not even hear what we were playing!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I don't think we're going back far enough...keep going...

Ok, I'm game! eek The last one I posted was from 1995. Here is one from 20 years earlier, 1975. Kinda funny:

Is this one far enough back,

Axey

Attached picture Ubisoft-Guitar-Baby.jpg
Originally Posted By: axeplayer
Is this one far enough back,

Hey, great shot! Looks like you are playing an E7#9 chord smile What kind of guitar is that?
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
What kind of guitar is that?

Judging by the head stock, it may be that one Fender Paulocaster they made.
1st. photo around 1965. At that time the entertainment section of the newspaper would have a space for nightclubs to advertise their bands. What a concept!

2nd photo- Garden wedding in early 70's.

Description: 1st.photo around 1965. At that time the entertainment section of the newspaper would have a space for nightclubs to advertise their bands. What a concept! 2nd photo- Garden wedding in early 70's.
Attached picture IMG_2335.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2337.JPG

Ha ha ha ha.

Are you the guy they called the "Mysterious 6th Canadian Eagle" who really played all of the solos on their first albums??
Axeplayer,

Cute.

Take it back a little bit more..

smile
Matt,

Ha ha ha ha ha! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Yeah baby!

Jazzsax,

Niiiiice!
Cringe alert (accompanied by brutal honesty)

this is my first band.. it was 1968 and all the band members met in the same 9th grade class. In '68 we were going for the british invasion look, in case you're wondering. ;-(

One of the popular girls in our class made out a list of songs the other girls liked, and that was our first set list. It worked. All the chicks showed up at our gigs to hear their favorite songs, and all the guys showed up to meet the girls. We drew a crowd so we always got return gigs.

The bass player's dad had connections, so he became our manager. He kept us booked all through high school 2-3 gigs per week. Society was looking for ways to keep all those baby boomer kids entertained, so it was easy to find gigs if you had a band.

We were terrible, mostly because I was the singer and my voice hadn't matured yet. Imagine the Stone's SATISFACTION sung in a falsetto, and you have a pretty good idea what we must have sounded like.

I also had a heavy-duty central Pennsylvania accent.. so when we played FIRE by Hendrix, I pronounced it as "Fi-yerrrr"

My only effects pedal was a fuzz tone. I used it on every song. My dad worked in a factory and my mom stayed home, and they sent 5 kids to private schools, so there was no money for gear. My guitar and amp were bought from the classified section in the local newspaper. No-name brands, the kind that department stores might have sold at the time. I had to earn my own money from performing to upgrade my gear. Which I eventually did.

(That's me between the organ and the drums)

Attached picture Sphere_britishInvasion.jpg
Pat, I think you were taller then.
On this machine I can only get back to 1982 or so.

I'm the scary one with the Algonac shirt on .. the rest of the band had either a master or doctor degree. I was like 19 or so (meaning I had no degree back then).
I was always lucky like that.
We even played a couple jazz songs I wrote, after they helped me refine them .. great learning experience.

Attached picture UTMB-1200.jpg
The only picture I have I won't post because it was not my band. The guy who's band it was is also on here. If he chooses to post it, there I'll be.
These were such a joy to see and read about! Thanks so much for sharing, guys! Hopefully more get posted.
© PG Music Forums