PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Latest From VST Buzz - RealiDrums - 03/23/18 12:42 PM
Realitone RealiDrums

Looks like some interesting features for pretty fast work flow. Just another tool for the toolbox. And it runs in Kontakt Player, so you don't need the full Kontakt to use it.

Posted By: dcuny Re: Latest From VST Buzz - RealiDrums - 03/23/18 01:12 PM
Ah, man... I've been saving up for the new Electric Sunburst from Native Instruments, but the Realitone demo videos are always so enthusiastic, I end up wanting their stuff, even if I don't really, really need it... cry
Posted By: jford Re: Latest From VST Buzz - RealiDrums - 03/23/18 02:06 PM
I was looking at Electric Sunburst, but there seem to be lots of haters. And if you listen to the demos, you don't actually hear much of the guitars it's supposed to represent (you hear lots of synth stuff). Jury is still out on that one for me.

But I've got a bunch of Realitone stuff and really like it for ease of use. Now to find more time to actually use it, as opposed to just playing around with it. Grand plans thwarted by reality in life.

Still, a lot of fun.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Latest From VST Buzz - RealiDrums - 03/23/18 04:47 PM
I've been looking at RealiDrums for awhile. On the one hand at $199 the program is priced higher than some of the other automated drum programs. On the other hand it is an inclusive program, what you buy is what you get; there are no expansion packs. The VSTBuzz suggested conversion price is $98 US or 69 GDP so that is a good savings (if you have the money).

I wrote an email to ask a question and received a congenial response the same day so I know Realitone keeps an eye on their email account.

RealiDrums offers a brushes drum set. Brushes is an add-on for many drum programs.

Realidrums can create a natural sounding 1, 2, 3 or 4 beat fill on demand, without additional editing. I don't know of any other automated drum program that can.

The program can create MIDI drum sequences as well as follow preexisting MIDI drum sequences.

The program sounds good. There is a lot to like about it.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Latest From VST Buzz - RealiDrums - 03/23/18 10:47 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
I was looking at Electric Sunburst, but there seem to be lots of haters. And if you listen to the demos, you don't actually hear much of the guitars it's supposed to represent (you hear lots of synth stuff). Jury is still out on that one for me.

I listened to this demo, where he's pretty much just noodling. I think it has a "modern" sound that would be a good fit with BiaB tracks. But it wouldn't be the first time I bought a toy that didn't work well. I've not quite cracked how to use Session Horns, for example, and I was pretty stoked to get those.

On the other hand, the acoustic Session Guitars are pretty fun.

Still, the Electric Sunburst isn't on sale, and the Realitone drums are. frown

Quote:
Now to find more time to actually use it, as opposed to just playing around with it. Grand plans thwarted by reality in life.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more stuff until I actually started using the toys I've already got. So my next purchase is a "reward" for getting the last couple of songs done. smile
© PG Music Forums