PG Music Home
Posted By: Keith from Oz Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/25/18 03:36 AM
Phil Emmanuel-Tommy's brother- has died suddenly from an asthma attack.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/25/15/58/phil-emmanuel-dead-australian-guitarist-musician
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/25/18 10:13 AM
Sad news indeed frown Not familiar with their work, but definitely going to have to pay my dues and give it a listen now.

R.I.P. Phil
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/25/18 01:17 PM
Keith, that is so sad! Some time ago I posted a session with Phil and Tommy. It was phenomenal.

This is how I want to remember Phil:

https://youtu.be/tj3nJCTFtdg

Tommy's comment just moments ago:

"I won't be able to look into those green eyes again or hear that wicked laugh. He taught me so much right from the start,, showed me how to recognize song keys, chords, harmonies, how to get a sound that worked, how to stay out of the way on stage and when to step forward when I had something to say, musically or otherwise. We spent so many years traveling, playing shows, setting up, packing up, sleeping in little cheap motels and pubs, all because we loved to entertain people and have fun. We shared everything, and he taught me about kindness, giving, listening, how to love people as they are.
He was a walking contradiction, and a dreamer, but mostly, a loving kind, concerned brother... to be continued.... xx TE"
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/25/18 08:24 PM
That’s very sad news. He was a great player and entertainer.
Posted By: lambada Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/26/18 01:10 AM
Sad news indeed.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/26/18 06:32 AM
Oh, wow. This is just so absolutely tragic.

Such talent. Very sad indeed.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Sad News - Phil Emmanuel Dies - 05/26/18 04:06 PM
Sad news. Condolences to Phil's family.

Keith, thanks for sharing the news.
© PG Music Forums