PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis What other forums do you frequent? - 05/25/18 05:33 PM
I was wondering what other music forums people here belong to. I've joined a couple forums lately but there doesn't seem to be much action on those sites. (or at least less than here) So what other online forums do you belong to connect with other musicians?
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/25/18 05:41 PM
Sax On The Web

Windcontroller (for wind synth players)

Gibson/Epiphone

Parker

Harmony Central

Android

Then a few only when I need tech help like Mozilla, Lenovo, and so on.

Sax On The Web like BiaB almost daily, the others depends on if I have a few moments to spend there or not.

Notes
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/25/18 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
So what other online forums do you belong to connect with other musicians?

You may want to check this one out.
I've been there a few years and interact on occasion.
http://www.tdpri.com/forums/

Or here as peripheral interest.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/

Back to topic......
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/25/18 08:34 PM
Kvraudio.com
Fenderforum.com
Larriveeforum.com
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/26/18 04:23 PM
+++ Zoom +++ forum. Zoom makes a variety of different audio interfaces, digital recorders and effect pedals. The forum is owned and operated by a fan of Zooms' products.

+++ Cakewalk +++. Cakewalk is a digital audio workstation (DAW). The forum is company owned and operated.

I am a member of numerous other forums but seldom frequent them.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/29/18 05:18 PM
I used to do Cakewalk & PG.... now it's just PG since CW has been picked up by bandlab.
Posted By: jford Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 05/29/18 05:29 PM
I frequent this forum, obviously, but also Diamond Cut (creator of Diamond Cut Audio Restoration Tools), occasionally on Noteworthy Composer's (notation software) forum, BeyondMyDAW (post Cakewalk - set up for multiple DAWs by Bapu from the original Cakewalk forum), and the Presonus Forum (for both Studio One and Notion). I generally just lurk/read on the others; I'm most active here.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/06/18 04:06 AM
I'll admit it. I'm something of a forum junkie. I have probably over 30 forums bookmarked on my two machines.

Music, there's here of course. The next most frequently visited is Cakewalk's. I also stop in occasionally at Presonus's forum because I have a gratis copy of Studio One 3, M-Audio because of my sound card, and Casio and Yamaha forums because of a couple keyboards I own. Oh, and then there are all the guitar forums. The Les Paul forum, the Tele forum, the Strat forum, the V-Guitar forum . . .

Photography. I'm something of a hard-core photographer. I have probably 50 or 60 cameras and at least that many lenses. And I hang out at four forums mostly but I have more than just those four bookmarked.

Motorcycles. Yeah, I've got a few forums I like that cater to a few bikes I own.

Cars. This is sort of a necessity. When I'm having problems, I'll check in with one of a few forums I have bookmarked for help.

Writing. I'm a published writer and I'm actually in the middle of a novel right now, although I haven't been doing much with it of late. Still, I like to drop in to a couple occasionally just to keep my pen wet. (It's a fountain pen!)

I guess that probably covers it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/06/18 08:49 AM
Nearly all the forums (cycling and historical) I used to frequent have been reduced to little activity or closed as a result of social media - more specifically Facebook groups.
Posted By: insolentlad Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/09/18 07:36 AM
Gearslutz, mostly. Sometimes the TapeOp board. Both oriented toward recording equipment rather than music-making.

Used to frequent various writing boards as I am an author but found them, ultimately, a great waste of my time. And I visit some surfing forums from time to time (mostly Swaylocks, where board design is the main topic).
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/09/18 08:23 AM
These days with the exception of this forum it is all facebook groups. I'm on a couple of reaper groups, a group of waves plugins groups, iZotope group, some blues groups, guitar groups ... and some other groups not related to music.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/09/18 10:01 AM
Geez, Facebook groups. I didn't include them in my count. I guess because I don't see a Facebook group as a forum. Facebook groups are more like the mailing lists of old.

Anybody still subscribe to mailing lists? Do mailing lists even exist anymore?
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: What other forums do you frequent? - 06/09/18 11:54 AM
I think mailing lists are in the postage stamp category smile

I don't really see fb groups as forums either; however, for many situations they are the only game in town. I'm a fb member, reasonably active, but I dislike the transient nature of it. But that's the culture nowadays.

Bud
© PG Music Forums