PG Music Home
Posted By: cooltouch Those little triangles at Soundcloud - 05/25/18 08:08 PM
Just wondering -- how accurate are those little triangles that show the number of plays a song has received? I just noticed a song, which has been up at Soundcloud for over six years now has no numbers at all next to its triangle. And yet at that song's page it shows 111 plays. I guess that's the one I need to pay attention to. Still, rather curious. I guess I should ask over at Soundcloud and not here. But I know I'm liable to get two sets of answers.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Those little triangles at Soundcloud - 05/26/18 04:29 PM
I believe you are mixing up two different numbers. I think the triangles reference times played over a period of time while the number is total plays since the song was first uploaded. The triangles give you an idea of how well a song is trending or how well your efforts to publicize a song are working.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: Those little triangles at Soundcloud - 05/26/18 04:41 PM
Ah, okay that makes sense then. Probably times played during a given week or something like that?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Those little triangles at Soundcloud - 05/26/18 07:00 PM
I think the triangles reflect if a rolling average of the last 30 days is either increasing or decreasing.

It's very possible that I'm completely wrong.
© PG Music Forums