PG Music Home
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/entertainment/aretha-franklin-dead/index.html
I just read that and was going to post it myself.

RIP Queen of Soul.
She was a LEGEND! RIP!!!
RIP The loss is not only a wonderful person, a great singer but also a pianist who introduced gospel riffs to the pop world.
How I prefer to remember her:

https://youtu.be/Vet6AHmq3_s
I do believe that Aretha Franklin is the only person who has given me chill bumps every time I've heard her sing.

RIP Aretha.Your contributions to soul, R&B, blues, jazz, country, gospel, rock & roll, and virtually every other type of American Music, (aka: Americana), will be felt for decades to come.

Thank you for the music!
Rolling Stone had a very interesting article about Aretha i read this morning when I saw the news.

She was an awesome talent.

God rest her soul.
Natural Woman: https://youtu.be/XHsnZT7Z2yQ

She was/is my favorite singer of all time.
My first experience of listening to Aretha was listening to my Mom's 45 records as a 5 year old.

This was the one:

RIP Aretha
An amazing musician and person. Apparently had her first child at 12 and then another at 14. Then became a recording superstar. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
I was so shook when I heard this last night frown Aretha was an inspiration, and I know not just to me. I've been listening to her music for as long as I can remember. One of the true greats. She shaped the course of music forever.

R.I.P - you will be sorely missed frown
Dear Aretha, you don't know me and sadly I never got a chance to play my saxophone with you, but my world is better because you were here. RIP and thanks for the thrills.

The music in heaven will be sweeter today.

Attached picture Aretha.jpg
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Great clip Donny.
My Tribute to you Aretha.

There'll never be anyone else but you for me
Never ever be, just couldn't be, anyone else but you
If I could take my pick of all the girls I've ever known
Then I'd come and pick you out to be my very own…

Ricky Nelson and me .
Yes, very sad. We've lost a really great one this time.
Nice rendition Steve. First time I've heard her sing "Spanish Harlem". Great backing band too, sounds like Booker T & the MGs to me.

The UK newspaper, Daily Mail, has a good +++ article +++ that heavily depends on Rolling Stone magazine for source material.
Agreed Jim. I snagged this from Wiki.....

Quote:
Aretha Franklin released a cover version of the song in the middle of 1971 that outperformed the original on the charts, charting #1 R&B for three weeks and #2 Pop for two weeks. Aretha Franklin's version earned a gold single for sales of over one million. Dr. John played keyboards on Franklin's version with Bernard "Pretty" Purdie on drums and Chuck Rainey on bass. This version hit #6 on Billboard's Easy Listening chart. Franklin also changed the lyrics slightly, from "A red rose up in Spanish Harlem" to "There's a rose in Black 'n Spanish Harlem. A rose in Black 'n Spanish Harlem."
© PG Music Forums