PG Music Home
Posted By: joan Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 11:36 AM
I have about 80 folders that appeared in my Zoom H2. I can't seem to update my system software or access my sys folder (to update the system software) or delete these folders.

There are folders with these names Folder R08 Folder R09 etc. along with my 10 folders--Folder 1, Folder 2...

Should I reformat my SD card?
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 04:45 PM
I reformat every so often to keep mine clean. If you don't have any files you want to keep it won't hurt to refomat and start fresh again. I can't help you with your problem. Maybe Ray can. I know he has one.
Posted By: joan Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 06:34 PM
I'll try reformatting.
Posted By: joan Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 07:47 PM
Tried reformatting several times. My sys 1.40 isn't able to update to another version. It is corrupted. I think I might have a defective H2.
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 08:41 PM
When I click on SYS Folder I get one file. Under name it says, MACPRM.ZIF Under date modified it reads 4/17/2007. Under Type it reads ZIF File 2KB. Do you get this in your SYS folder.
Posted By: joan Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 09:19 PM
Thanks, I had a defective SD card. I just bought a new 2GB card on sale for $10 and it works beautifully now.
I have the same file now that you have the Mac...
Everything seems to be fine. I still can't seem to update from 1.40 to 1.50 but now that everything work I might leave well enough alone.
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/26/09 09:52 PM
That is what I would have done next. Try a new card. Glad it was not the recorder.
Posted By: joan Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/27/09 12:06 AM
I'm very glad too that is wasn't the recorder. They seem to be very well liked by everyone so I was hoping not to have gotten a poor one. The SD card was an easy fix!!!!
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/27/09 12:27 AM
If you have not heard the music on the link below, take a listen. I used the H2 just sitting on a table in front of the band. I did a little with them in PowerTracks and they sound just great.
Posted By: joan Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/28/09 11:33 AM
I got a good email from zoom explaining how to update.
Here it is:
To update the system software, please do not put the SYSTEM.BIN file into the SYS folder.

Follow the procedure below to upgrade the system software version.
(Note: an SDHC card (4GB to 32GB) cannot be used for version-up.)

1) Unzip the downloaded file, then you will find the SYSTEM.BIN file.
2) Place it into the top directory of the SD card as below.
3) Then turn power on while holding down the [PLAY/PAUSE] key.
4 ) When the version up screen appears on the display, please select "OK" to perform the version-up.

If the problem still remains....
Please use another SD card or format the currently used card.

Sincerely yours,
ZOOM Corporation.
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/28/09 12:27 PM
Thanks for that info joan,

Now we know how to keep are recorder-player up to date.
Posted By: botma Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/28/09 01:20 PM
PS,

Here is the download page if anyone is interested http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/download/software/h2.php#a
Posted By: baritone6foot4 Re: Zoom H-2 system problem - 09/27/18 01:46 PM
Joan - Was there an image of where they wanted the file located on the SD card? It sounds like they just want it outside of all folders but I'm not sure.
© PG Music Forums