PG Music Home
Did She Mention My Name
https://app.box.com/s/p8rru76lsdbmuc9f9f83hsv6928ma5ns

Steel Rail Blues
https://app.box.com/s/tj3n6oanzrxf5uhbdsyzhrr63mcyujio

A severe stroke has left me mute and paralyzed so please forgive me if I've posted these before.

My eldest son, Gordon, covering Garth Brooks:

The Dance
https://app.box.com/s/votzapal5mpghn9dkdwlmfxy2xzhc0it
Great stuff Don,

Where did you record those songs, and what did you use for echo on vocals... Watkins Copicat?
Recorded in an untreated, very reflective spare bedroom with a $2 stick mic that was recommended to me by Greg Mackie because it had the Panasonic WM-063T element. Virtually flat across the entire audio spectrum.

Thanks for listening and especially for your encouraging comments.
Don, these songs sound GREAT! Love the expression and musical quality of your voice! That's the real deal! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Pat.

I always appreciate your comments and encouragement.
Loved 'em both. The Steel Rail Blues number touched my heart. Thanks.
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Loved 'em both. The Steel Rail Blues number touched my heart. Thanks.

Thank you Tangmo!
Thanks for sharing Don.

I'd heard Steel Rail Blues but haven't heard "Did She Mention My Name" before now. Don Jr. has a nice version of "The Dance". I'd heard some of the John Fogarty parodies but first time I've heard him "channel" Garth.
Thanks Jim.

Actually, that's my eldest son, Gordon, not Don Junior.

I think Gordon has the best-trained voice in the family.
Donny,

These are still stored in my setlist, and played from time to time at my live gigs. They are great, almost as great as you my friend.

Take Care,
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Donny,

These are still stored in my setlist, and played from time to time at my live gigs. They are great, almost as great as you my friend.

Take Care,

Danny,

You have me sobbing happy tears. (down both legs).

Thank you dear friend.
Wow - very very nice! Thanks for sharing
Originally Posted By: jimmadsen
Wow - very very nice! Thanks for sharing

Jim,

Thanks for listening and again for your encouragement.

I noticed that you are in Oklahoma. It would be wonderful if we could meet in person one day soon.

Incidentally, my dear friend Danny Campo is planning to visit me (for the 5th time) and entertain we old phartz in my nursing home. Both Danny (and his lovely wife Linda) and I would love to meet you. He drives all the way from Louisiana to entertain us all for free. A highly treasured friend.
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Donny,

Take Care,

My dear friend,

It's wonderful to learn that you are sharing some of my stuff in your live gigs. Thanks to you and Linda very much.
Thanks for sharing Don smile You did a tremendous job on these! How long ago were they recorded if you don't mind my asking? They have a certain "old-school" quality, so I'm curious.

Regardless - really nice work on them. Your son's song here is really nice too!
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Thanks for sharing Don smile You did a tremendous job on these! How long ago were they recorded if you don't mind my asking? They have a certain "old-school" quality, so I'm curious.

Deryk,

My stroke was in 2001 so I'm guessing late 2000 or thereabouts. I hadn't started into BIAB yet although I had my first version. If memory serves, it came on about eight (8) 3.5" disks.

Soon thereafter I submitted a BIAB tune and won a competition with my "A Summer Breeze." They wanted a tune with a Summer theme.

A Summer Breeze
http://sclk.co/s6mutd
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music

Deryk,

My stroke was in 2001 so I'm guessing late 2000 or thereabouts. I hadn't started into BIAB yet although I had my first version. If memory serves, it came on about eight (8) 3.5" disks.

Soon thereafter I submitted a BIAB tune and won a competition with my "A Summer Breeze." They wanted a tune with a Summer theme.

A Summer Breeze
http://sclk.co/s6mutd

Thanks for sharing that - I really like that tune! Very gentle, and very calming. Also interesting to know you've been using the program that long - had no idea!
Yes, Dr. Gannon and Custer were corporals back then!
I haven't posted here in a very long time but felt compelled to do so in response to your post. What a beautiful voice, Don, sounds like you've mastered your instrument. I really don't know much about your situation but I gather that you've had a stroke and are somewhat disabled? If that's the case, it's wonderful that you were able to capture your music before it happened.

Just one comment, my humble opinion. You don't need all of that reverb. In fact, your voice should be more "in front", if you know what I mean. Hey, Lightfoot's got nothing over you, friend. Really, REALLY nice job.
Originally Posted By: lkmuller
I haven't posted here in a very long time but felt compelled to do so in response to your post. What a beautiful voice, Don, sounds like you've mastered your instrument. I really don't know much about your situation but I gather that you've had a stroke and are somewhat disabled? If that's the case, it's wonderful that you were able to capture your music before it happened.

Just one comment, my humble opinion. You don't need all of that reverb. In fact, your voice should be more "in front", if you know what I mean. Hey, Lightfoot's got nothing over you, friend. Really, REALLY nice job.

Thanks, IK.

I think that the heavy reverb is a result of a highly reflective and untreated room.

Thanks for listening and for your generous comments.

If anything can be learned from this, it would be: Record everything possible, you never know when it will be suddenly taken away from you.
Absolutely terrific - all three. A wonderful way to start with the morning coffee.

Thank you.

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Absolutely terrific - all three. A wonderful way to start with the morning coffee.

Thank you.

J&B

J&B,

My huge respect for you kid's musical skills and accomplishments make your nod of approval especially dear to me.

Thank you sincerely.
Good stuff, Don. Enjoyed.
So much appreciated, FJ. Thanks for listening and especially for your encouragement.

Been enjoying your collaborations with J&B this morning. Heading back for second he'pins now.
© PG Music Forums