PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Free Vsti plugins - 09/19/18 10:19 PM
Posted By: MarioD Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 10:50 AM
Thanx for sharing. I'm going to pick up a couple of these.
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 12:20 PM
Looks like I'll be doing some downloading this evening.
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 12:26 PM
If you want to get any of the 5 plugins from the video, check out the links below. Enjoy!

Ample Guitar M Lite II
KEYZONE Classic
DSK Overture
DSK ChoirZ
VSCO2
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 02:24 PM
Thanks John, for listing the links.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 03:23 PM
You're welcome.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 03:32 PM
I just DLed the Ample Guitar, Keyzone Classic and VSCO2. I will not have time to install these today but my plans are using both the guitar and keys as individual instruments while the orchestra I will use as a double for my other orchestras. Having different orchestra patches using the same MIDI track adds realism to the track.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 03:43 PM

These are cool man. I got most of them.

The guitar one is amazing for a freebie. I'll be using that!!

smile
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 05:12 PM

Was just about to post a wee review as well , fantastic for a freebie.

The dsk ones are not free 25 dollars is that correct ?.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 06:51 PM

DSK Overture the VST is free, it is the many copyright free samples on the right that cost $25. You don't need those.

DSK overture is not bad. It allows you to layer up to 4 instruments in one instance and control volumes and pans of all four, so you get to create your own orchestral synth, customized, sort of.

I can see myself experimenting with it some.

At worse case, you have a free Rick Wakeman synth to play around with and that's not bad.

smile
Posted By: ROG Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 06:58 PM
Just be aware - Malwarebytes is blocking the DSK sites due to PUPs.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/20/18 07:23 PM
Too late for me I guess. Norton didn't stop anything, and I am scanning with Malwarebytes and have not found anything yet.

There are suspicious links on there you can't click on like the big green buttons they always warn you of.

DSK was only a .dll and a text message so I guess I am ok.

Update

Just got off phone with Norton. I am ok.

And it is as I said. You are safe if you click the right links but don't fall for any big green flashing click bait buttons that say click to download here.

Those are all over the place though.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/21/18 11:32 AM
I've used DSK plugins before. They are pretty good sounding. Unfortunately they only come in 32 bit format and the newest version of Cubase no longer supports 32 bit plugins.
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/21/18 11:33 AM
Everything I have received from DSK (to include the $25 package) has been virus-free; but as David said, watch which links you click on. Many sites seem to intentionally obfuscate the real links.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/21/18 07:03 PM
John

How is the 25 dollar package ?, I was thinking of purchasing it to add to sample tank.

Is it the same as the freebie or am I missing something I am new to the software side of things,
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/21/18 08:06 PM
The "freebie" is a tiny, tiny fraction of the $25 pack and once you order they will let you get a copy of EACH library in EACH format that you need - just ask after buying your initial format(sampletank, soundfont, kontakt, ..)

Larry
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/22/18 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

These are cool man. I got most of them.

smile

Ditto that. The guitar is a great looking freebee. Seems like I should be able to find a use for this when I get some time to get back to the studio. Installed with Reaper with no problem. thanks for the link.
Posted By: pauldouglas Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/23/18 03:40 PM
Hi jford - thanks for the links. I am currently trying out Ample Guitar MLite II. It has a wonderful sound for a free plugin. I'm having a few issues using it within PTPA, however -- for some reason the built in strummer will not respond to the tempo setting in my .seq file. It is stuck at 110 bpm. Using it as standalone, you can set the tempo from an options screen, but I can't find that option from within the vst when it is loaded in PTPA. Have you had any similar issues with the plugin?

I'm still using PT version 2014 - I'd gladly upgrade PTPA if I knew it would solve my issues with this plugin!
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/24/18 05:51 PM
There were some changes made to VSTi handling in RealBand/PowerTracks that I believe will make it work for you, but that was later than 2014. I would suggest doing the upgrade to PowerTracks 2018 (it's not very expensive). Remember PGMusic offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work for you, you can always revert. But 2018 should in general work better on Windows 10 than 2014. There are other updates that have occurred, as well, over the past four years.
Posted By: pauldouglas Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/25/18 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
There were some changes made to VSTi handling in RealBand/PowerTracks that I believe will make it work for you, but that was later than 2014. I would suggest doing the upgrade to PowerTracks 2018 (it's not very expensive). Remember PGMusic offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work for you, you can always revert. But 2018 should in general work better on Windows 10 than 2014. There are other updates that have occurred, as well, over the past four years.

Hi - I updated PTPA and now the Ample guitar plugin is working as expected. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: jford Re: Free Vsti plugins - 09/25/18 06:31 PM
Glad to hear it's working.
© PG Music Forums