PG Music Home
President signs the MMA. I haven't had a chance to read it and understand what all is in it, but thought I would share.
Originally Posted By: jford
President signs the MMA. I haven't had a chance to read it and understand what all is in it, but thought I would share.

I am sure our president hasn't had a chance to read and understand either... smile likely thought it would promote MMA - Mixed Martial Arts.

sorry, I could not pass that one up...
Thanks, John.

I’ve followed a little, as presented in the musician’s union newspaper. I think it has many improvements to a system that is almost totally broken. In other words, not much to lose by trying something.

ps I have read some of the provisions but I’m sure someone with a bigly intellect will have much less trouble deciphering them.
Thanks for the laugh!

...Deb
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: jford

I am sure our president hasn't had a chance to read and understand either... smile likely thought it would promote MMA - Mixed Martial Arts.

sorry, I could not pass that one up...

laugh
I'm glad to hear it. I'd read a little about it from one of the "negotiators" on the writer's side. Though he didn't claim it was perfect, he said it was the best that could be done and urged his readers to contact their Reps and urge them to support it's passage as it was negotiated, and not as some of the big players were coming in late to re-negotiate.

I don't remember all the details, but I hope that was the bill signed--the one negotiated and not undone.
© PG Music Forums