PG Music Home
Posted By: Howard Bad news - 10/10/09 03:13 AM
This is pretty hard to post. After much consulting with my Drs and the Cancer center I went into Hospice care today. There was nothing left for me to do. I'll keep monitoring the forum as long as I can. It's hard to say how long it will be, probably soon. I hope everyone will keep good memories of me, you all have been like family to me. Love you all. Howard.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 03:18 AM
Howard,

I am sorry to hear this news. i will always remember your kindness in keeping the Steel Guitar Forum posted with info. about Jim Baker.

Keep Looking Up!

Don Spooner
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 03:19 AM
Our thoughts are with you, Howard.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 04:14 AM
i will never forget you my friend. please give our love to charlene. is there anything you need? if you or charlene need to talk you have our phone number. mike auldridge has re-asked for your email address so he's working on something to cheer you. you have been a dear friend to me howard. how cam i ever say goodbye? perhaps we will meet again in a time when no one will be sick. let me unabashedly say i love you, howard.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 04:25 AM
Dear Howard,

I'm really sorry to hear your news. I know I'm pretty much a new-comer to the posts here, but I have enjoyed reading your contributions over the few months that I have been involved with the forums. My thoughts are with you and your family. God bless you.

Best wishes always,
Noel
Posted By: guitarman Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 08:18 AM
So sorry to hear of your news Howard.

We had some meaningful chats when I was learning Pedal Steel.

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family,stay strong my friend.

Alan
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 08:41 AM
My prayers will be with you. Keep us up to date as much as you can. God bless you!
Posted By: rharv Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 11:52 AM
So sorry to hear this Howard.
You've been a friend to many for so many years.
I am the type to not give up hope, and want you to keep that hope alive too.
Prayers
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 12:11 PM
Howard, I'm so sorry to hear this.

May God bless you.

You are in our prayers.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 12:20 PM
My mom went into hospice care -- it is just a wonderful group of caring people. I never got to know you in the forums -- but if you are a steel player, then you are alright in my book! Keep your spirits up.

Kevin
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 12:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news.
My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 01:24 PM
Howard, I'm so sorry to hear this. Hold strong to your faith, pray and be comforted by the Comforter. Prayers and comfort to you.
Wyndham
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 01:41 PM
I don't have the words to express what I am feeling. You will be in my prayers.

Notes
Posted By: Mac Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 01:52 PM
My prayers also, -- we will meet again, my friend.

If you need anything at all, don't hesitate.

--Mac
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 02:40 PM
Howard,

Thank you for making music and bringing joy to the world. It has been worth it. I have prayed a prayer of comfort and joy to you. Though we've only met through this weird thing of the internet, I look forward to hearing some pedal steel in heaven.

-Scott
Posted By: WienSam Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 03:07 PM
Howard - words cannot express how I feel...

I will miss you so come back soon!

Lots of love and positive thoughts on your journey for you and your family

God Bless You
Posted By: Mac Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 03:30 PM
I must let it be said here that my prayers for Howard today are for a miracle.

Such things have happened before and I ain't about givin' up yet.

--Mac
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 03:41 PM
I'm glad to be counted as one of your friends. We don't live very far apart so if you need anything, let me know. occ
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 04:16 PM
Howard,
My prayers go up to Father that Hospice will only be a temporary thing for you.

When there is life, there is hope, so cling to that hope. I know you are mentally and emotionally tired, and that this is all a drag on your soul, but as you maintain a positive mental attitude and believe God to heal you, you can walk out of that Hospice, and back to what your life was.

Look to God, and look beyond the walls of your room to the hope of health.

I know it's hard after running the good race, so Howard, if you are unable to look to the hope of health, than all I have to say is that you have the Hope of the Return of our living lord and saviour, Christ Jesus, who will return. Your new body will be great. Either way, dear Howard, there is a Hope in your future.

Gary
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 04:26 PM
Howard,
I'm very sorry to hear that news. You are in my prayers. Thank you so much for all your contributions here. Please let me know if we can help in any way.
Peter
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 04:33 PM
Howard,
Difficult words for you to write I'm sure.
I wish you strength and hope and peace. God Bless

Ian
Posted By: John Conley Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 05:19 PM
Howard, sorry to hear about this, especially on our Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully memories of good times will flood you with happiness.

I've started dictating stories and events into a a small recorder to be typed up later by my daughter, those things that contributed to my evolution from a marxist hippie teenager to a Canadian conservative. Probably bore someone out of their mind but she asked for it. And it seems important to all 5 kids for some reason.

I hope the Great Architect of the Universe is with you during your stay.
Posted By: Oren Fisher Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 05:32 PM
Howard,

Anything I have to say seems ridiculously inadequate at a time like this. Folks tell me this is just the beginning of an amazing experience. Here's hoping they are right.

Oren.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 06:22 PM
Howard,

Although we have never met face to face the kindness and warm considerate feeling that comes through in your posts make me feel we are old friends. With this said I am not too far away to run an errand or two for you guys if you should need some assistance. I would have no problem with driving your way if I can be of any assistance.

Until then as others have mentioned I too am praying for that miracle and for the good Lord to comfort you and your family in this time of need.

My God Bless.
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 06:40 PM
I'm with Mac on the miracle part Howard.
My prayers will be for you & your family also.

Another friend........
Mick
Posted By: JBlatz Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 06:43 PM
Don't give up. God's word provides hope for the believer.

Psalms 91
Psalms 103
John 14 and 15
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 10:33 PM
Howard, I too think of you as a friend.Although I'm many miles away from you....my thoughts & prayers are with you.Yes, miracles can happen. Sincere regards, Joe G.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 10:50 PM
Howard,
I too am saddened by your news. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: JEP Re: Bad news - 10/10/09 11:55 PM
Howard,
I've not been in here for long, but I've been reading your posts. My thoughts are with you and yours. Thanks for sharing!

- Jepster
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 01:09 AM
Howard,
let me add my prayers to those already expressed.

Mark11:22-26 and Isiah 53:5
Posted By: jford Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 01:17 AM
Howard, I just returned from a trip out of town and saw your message. You are in my prayers. Miracles do happen.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 01:37 AM
Howard,

You are part of the PG Family here and we will all be praying for you. Lean on "He will never leave us, nor forsake us." I know I am for you brother. Godspeed Howard, Godspeed !!!

Eddie
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 02:39 AM
Oh Howard, I just now read your post. I am so sorry, old friend. I will forever treasure the CD I have of you. Until we meet again on the other side, I love you Howard.

Lee
Posted By: MartinB Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 09:37 AM
Howard, you are such a mainstay of this community and I enjoy very much your wonderful steel guitar playing. My thoughts are with you in these times - keep the spirits up. Remember, each constituent of ourselves once was part of a star.
Posted By: Shackman Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 12:01 PM
Howard,

I don't post much but consistently browse the PG forums, esp this one.

Although we have of course never met, I too would like to add my sincere best wishes for you in this hour of need. I am very glad that you have found a bunch of real mates here who obviously and genuinely care for you, and will be lifting you up before our heavenly father as you face this heavy time. It is still a minor miracle in my eyes that so many of the forum posters here are men and women of God- I sometimes get the impression that PG products are the Christians audio software, and Peter's comments above do nothing to dispel that impression.
(In fact, I think of the same when I consider the legend of Crown amplification- apparently founded by a guy who wanted to facilitate beach mission preaching. And what a success they have been!)

My unsaved brother in law has just this week been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas. And I have just come this evening from spending time, as I do on a Sunday night, with my elderly Dad (he's almost 88). Dad and I always end our evening with a few minutes of prayer for our family. I am going to call him tomorrow and specifically raise your situation so we can pray for you together. I promise to keep doing that.

Do stay in touch with us all. Clearly, your contributions to this forum have earned you the love and respect of this august body of audio and musical achievers. Count me in to that group who want to assist you in any way we can. However, I'm on the other side of the Pacific so dropping by with a casserole might be problematic. But I can at least keep on lifting you up before the Father of Lights.

With every good wish, friend.

John
Posted By: silvertones Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 12:43 PM
Howard,
My prayers are with you also and miracles do happen. I've seen a few spontaneous remissions ( other friends in our support group) when my wife was battling breast cancer for the second time. She was given less then 3 years to live. That was in 1997. She's still here!
Whatever the out come the Lord will guide you and you family through it.
Posted By: PeteG Re: Bad news - 10/11/09 07:47 PM

I've been thinking of you often the last few days and trying to find words to say. You have always been kind in your thoughts and actions and I'm sure we are all be enriched by what you have given us of yourself and look forward to sharing any thoughts you feel like sending our way in the future. We recently lost my wife's aunt who spent a year and a half in hospice care nearby and it was a time rich in closeness with her family. The one thought that comes most clearly to my mind is that it is so hard to put our feelings into words because we all know that life ends and that many of us are not far behind you. Who even knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm not a very religious person but I wish for you this blessing that you are rich in faith and hope and greatest of all in love.
Posted By: Le Miz Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 04:00 AM
Quote:

Love you all. Howard.

I have felt that love from you. It's been there in your posts.

I hope you can feel the love back at you in this post.

You're in my prayers.
Posted By: mglinert Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 08:06 AM
Wanted to echo the words of hope, strength and support above Howard.
THinking of you and your family at this difficult time.
Marc
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 08:55 AM
Sad to hear this Howard.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Mike
Posted By: robsmusic Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 05:43 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

-rob
Posted By: mark1 Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 07:16 PM
"When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Fathers full giving has only begun
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again."

I'm with Mac - with God nothing is impossible - only believe.

God bless you Howard,and those who care for you at this time.
Mark.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Bad news - 10/12/09 08:37 PM
Howard, I don't really know you, but my heart goes out to you and your loved ones. Sometimes it is so painful to see the sadness and loss that death and illness bring upon us today. It is obvious that there are folks here that care about you, so you must be a person of character. I was made to think while reading this thread, of the scripture that talks about the value of one's name, Eccl 7:1,2 "A name is better than good oil, and the day of death than the day of one’s being born. Better is it to go to the house of mourning than to go to the banquet house, because that is the end of all mankind; and the one alive should take [it] to his heart." I know the scripture is refering to making a good name with God, but the principle also applys to the name we make with each other.

Although not knowing you in the "real" world, it is clear to me from the reaction here, that this is something you have done, and done well. I hope you do live on and they are wrong, but if your time is short, spend it in the peaceful knowledge that you are loved, and you made a difference in peoples lives. Also secure in the hope that when the God of tender mercies "wipes out every tear from our eyes", he will remember you in his promised paradise. Warmest regards, Rob
Posted By: Sundance Re: Bad news - 10/13/09 01:56 AM
Howard,
I'm fairly new here and hope to know you better. So many, myself included are standing in prayer for you. I don't understand why some people get healed and others are called home. I like to think their work here is done and they've been reassigned. But many people do get healed - to the amazement of doctors. A great portion of scripture talks about healing. When Jesus walked the earth He never refused to heal anybody - He healed them all - so don't stop believing until the Great Physician calls you home. God bless you and your family.
Sincerely,
Josie
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Bad news - 10/14/09 10:26 PM
Has anyone talked to Howard lately?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 10/15/09 12:25 AM
i pm'ed him and no reply.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 10/18/09 01:05 AM
bump
i want to keep this thread going till we hear from howard.
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Bad news - 10/18/09 04:47 PM
I emailed him but he has not replied. He's usually pretty prompt at replying. Just hoping for the best.
Posted By: toucher Re: Bad news - 10/18/09 05:09 PM
Howard....

You are in my prayers Brother. You obviously have a relationship with our Lord, that supercedes religion, or mortal understanding. It's always a difficult thing to leave loved ones, but once you are with the Father, and playin' steel for him, and watching him smile on you, time will pass quickly, and you will be reunited with family and friends, before you know it.

"God only cries for the living". _ Diamond Rio

God has blessed you Brother, and I look forward to meeting you in person one of these days.

Robert
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Bad news - 10/18/09 05:20 PM
Anyone care to add a line?

Our Father...
Posted By: Superbron Re: Bad news - 10/18/09 06:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, Howard.

Gertjan
Posted By: furry Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 10:14 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news Howard. You were one of many on here who gave me the encouragement I needed when I started playing again.
If prayer helps then by golly there's been plenty sent up from this forum, mine included.
Posted By: cchallum Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 12:05 PM
Like so many that have already responded, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well, Howard!!!
cchallum
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 12:26 PM
Howard:
I'd not only send my prayers your way, but this Pat Metheny tune, "Are You Going With Me"...
and brother, we are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-3DQ7yjvs&feature=related

Hope you will enjoy and take this melody into your heart.

Wishing the best of these moments to you.....you know, it's been all about jazz!

God Bless
Michael (G-Daddy)

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=34415
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 01:55 PM
Quote:

Anyone care to add a line?

Our Father...

who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 02:35 PM
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done,
Posted By: silvertones Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 02:36 PM
thy kingdom come, they will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
Posted By: toucher Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 03:13 PM
Give us this Day..........
Posted By: MikeK Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 07:29 PM
My thought, prayers and positive vibes your way, Howard!!!
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Bad news - 10/19/09 08:06 PM
"Our Daily Bread and Forgive us our Trespasses"
Posted By: Mac Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 12:52 AM
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Posted By: jford Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 01:27 AM
And lead us not into temptation...
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 03:31 AM
But deliver us from evil. . .
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 07:05 AM
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen

God Bless you Howard. We will meet again.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 11:10 AM
Oh man. Oh man.

The best thoughts and songs to you and your family, Howard. I only saw your message today, and I'm so sorry I wasn't here more this summer. May you be well, however that turns out to be.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Bad news - 10/20/09 09:18 PM
Howard,

I have learned a lot from your posts in the past, although we have never met, I see you as a kind person who is always willing to give advice and help. I just wish there was a way for me to repay that. I don't claim to be a pastor, but there is power in Prayer. Its obvious that you have many friends here, we are all sending you healing energy.

Take care brother,
Ed
Posted By: toucher Re: Bad news - 10/27/09 04:14 AM
Has anyone heard from Howard?
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Bad news - 10/28/09 11:47 PM
Bump???????
Posted By: Luiz Dias Re: Bad news - 10/30/09 11:41 PM
Unfortunatedly he has passed away today.

So sorry, so sad.

Now he is in God´s hands.

Goodby my friend, we will meet you again, if God allow us, for sure.

The bad news are here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic...b1581d92675efe7
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Bad news - 10/31/09 12:38 PM
A toast to our good friend and loyal forum poster Howard.

May you rest in peace.
© PG Music Forums