PG Music Home
Well we all think that at times but this poor guy has definitely a lot to contend with,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...;referrer=yahoo
He won't live long
I think the person who's feeding him is the real idiot. I'd say get up off your *** and feed yourself.
Don't know how much a "stone" is, but I was appalled that he lost 20 in hospital, then immediately and intentionally gained it all back so he could claim a world's record. The man has a death wish.

R.
To be exact, 70 stone = 444.52052260000005 kilos
Yup the Brits are in the stone age.

Talk about 'off Topic'. I think the forum should be changed to "Other Musical Stuff".
Quote:

= ??? Pounds?

Don S.
Quote:

Quote:

= ??? Pounds?

Don S.

Sam clearly has a bright future in store writing documentation for Microsoft.

R.
Quote:

Quote:

= ??? Pounds?

Don S.

70 * 14 = 980 lbs - gettin' close to half a (short or US) ton
I've lost 1/7th of a stone recently.

Don S.
I had a stone. My doc says, Beer drinkers don't get stones." I was told at emergency that "we can fix the pain, we will be right back." An hour goes by...they had 3 back to back heart attacks arrive by ambulance while I'm sweating and waiting..finally Morphine, and more and more...what pain? That hour was (*ll. I told the Doc, switched to red wine, it's good for you. He says, "2 beers a week and no stones." Now it's like 2 beers a week and water.....geez...I never want that stone thing again.

I knew the Brits were stoners though. Weird.

Bobs, pence, how much did he weigh in pounds sterling...? LOL.
Quote:

Bobs, pence, how much did he weigh in pounds sterling...? LOL.

A few million quid I expect...
In 1966 I graduated from engineering and worked with three Brits (hope that's not a slur).

The first thing I learned was that a stone = 14 pounds (avoirdupois, not Sterling).

The second thing I learned was that the rubber things on your auto wheels are tyres.

Then I learned that the edge of the road was a kerb not a curb.

Even though I'm now bilingual (Imperial and metric), I still weigh myself in pounds. But I will admit that stones isn't such a disgusting number for my weight. But 70 stone is gross.

My engineering practice includes the structural design of support structures for patient lift systems in hospitals, and sadly we now design for "persons" that weigh 800 lbs (approx 364 kg). To this we allow for an overload of 25% which means the systems can safely carry 1,000 lbs.

I too would suggest the same approach for this guy (edbulmer) - get up and get your own food. I'll admit that the excuse for overweight caused by "glands" or "genetics" is wearing thin on me.

Glenn
I'm convinced that there is indeed a sickness involved in these type of cases, whether mental or physical or perhaps a combination of both, it is a sickness and should be treated as such. Just like any other sickness.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums