PG Music Home
Hi all,

I'm a guy that has listened to lots of pop and rock music - and hear the MINOR pentatonic scale in so much music it hasn't gotten boring to my ear (unless some cool alterations are added).

Now every music book I've read touts the MAJOR pentatonic as an extremely important and popular scale for soloing, and though my ear hears it on occasion, it rarely sounds as good to my ear as the minor pentatonic....except for selected 'nashville' sounding songs on the telecaster...these major pentatonic seems to be made for the country telecastor sound.

Then, maybe I've not listened to the right music - can you share songs in pop and rock that have largely MAJOR pentatonic based solos that you love ? Again - country it clearly comes up more, and also I've heard it in Allman brothers - whose songs I expect to come up quite often in the list I'm asking for.
Here is a list of them:

https://www.quora.com/Many-songs-mainly-use-the-major-pentatonic-scale-Can-you-list-the-names-of-some-of-those-songs-i-e-Amazing-Grace

Just remember that a C major pentatonic scale has the identical notes as the A minor pentatonic scale. It all depends on what tonic note the scale is based, either A or C. In other words a major scale and its relative minor scale share the same pentatonic scale.

I hope this helps.
© PG Music Forums