PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Swine Flu - 12/18/09 06:11 PM
My daughter is making progress, thanks be to God !!!!

She will be undergoing her 2nd Tracheostomy attempt this afternoon. She had some swelling complications the first time around, about two weeks ago. No swelling today Please say a prayer for Erica sometime this afternoon that the surgery will go well for her. Once she has a Trach put in, they can start slowly waking her up.

She has made some awesome ventilator progress and her lungs are showing some improvement. (ARDS)
We are hoping she has begun her "turn" toward recovery now. God is working a real miracle in her body. Her blood work has been fantastic this past few days as well.

Thanks for the support and prayer,

Eddie
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 06:44 PM
Hi, I have sent a prayer up for your daughter Erica.
May she make a full recovery.

God Bless
Michee
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 06:51 PM
I have forwarded this message to two strong prayer warriors--my brother and sister. I dearly hope it turns out for the best, with her healthy and well.

Prayers for you, too, Ed.

Richard
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 06:56 PM
Prayers of healing for her. Wyndham
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 07:14 PM
Add my prayer too.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 08:29 PM
Trax

I'm happy for the good report.

Keep Looking Up!

Don S.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 08:32 PM
Add my prayers and healing vibes as well, Eddie!!!

Sincerely,
MIke
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 10:01 PM
Prayers sent, Eddie. My best to her.

Gary
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 10:07 PM
Mine too Eddie. Pleased to hear of her progress.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Swine Flu - 12/18/09 10:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you - the good news is great news. Hope the operation went well this afternoon.

Ian
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Swine Flu - 12/19/09 02:38 AM
Prayers her way every night since the git go, not stopping now!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Swine Flu - 12/19/09 05:08 AM
It is good to hear that your daughter is improving. You will stay in my prayers! God bless!
Posted By: filkertom Re: Swine Flu - 12/19/09 03:10 PM
Many good thoughts and much good luck. Keep us posted!
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 12/19/09 04:52 PM
The surgey schedule was moved to today 12-19-09 at noon PST.

Thanks for the prayer and support, we are doing our best here.

She will be having a Tracheostomy today at noon. That way, they can start to slowly wake her up off the heavy sedation she has been under.

Eddie
Posted By: toucher Re: Swine Flu - 12/19/09 05:16 PM
Hi Eddie,

Praying for a quick and complete recovery here.........:)

Rob
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 12/20/09 12:31 AM
Rescheduled to 12-21-09 @ 6 PM PST.

Thanks for the prayer & support.

Eddie
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Swine Flu - 12/20/09 08:28 AM
Eddie,

I just sent a heartfelt prayer for Erica.

Please keep us us posted on how she's doing. I know what it is to be worried about your child's health.

May God be with you and bless your whole family.

Bob
Posted By: gibson Re: Swine Flu - 12/20/09 09:04 AM
It must be a really worrying time and my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Thank goodness you/we do not live here
The UK has gone mad and the link is not meant as a thread hijack.

I hope there is a happy outcome and wish you, and your family, all the best.

Alyn
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 07:22 AM
My va nurse came last wednesday and said they won't have any serum till possibly next april and i am a high priority patient. they are resorting to 'alternative treatments' and loosing patients.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 09:55 AM
Starting today, Walgreens stores will have H1N1 shots M-F, 2:00-4:00 p.m. By appointment or walk-up, while supplies last, $18.00. I'm going to get mine today, if I can help it.
Posted By: mglinert Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 10:28 AM
Eddie,

THis really puts into perspective some of the stuff we worry about. I really hope that we will have brighter news in the days to come and that Erica is now on the road to recovery,

all the best,

Marc
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 10:29 AM
Man, it must be really tough having to see your child going trough this. How did the operation go?
Many good thoughts and good luck.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 06:58 PM
Heads Up:

Shots- It takes 21 days for the Swine Flu shot to be effective after you have received it. *If* you are a teenage female reading this, I highly suggest you getting the H1N1 shot as well as the regular Influenza A shot.

I know there is some hype about what is in the shot etc . . . . If you saw my daughter you would NOT hesitate for 1 second about getting the shot.

Trax
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 06:59 PM
Her Trach surgery is at 6 PM PST. Thanks for the support and prayer my PG Family.

Eddie
Posted By: MikeK Re: Swine Flu - 12/21/09 07:03 PM
ALL THE BEST, Eddie!!! Prayers keep on coming!!!

Mike
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 12/22/09 06:35 PM
Thanks so much or the prayer, it worked !!!! Her Trach surgery was a huge success last night, thanks be to God !!!!!

They also scoped her throat and lungs. Throat- no sign of any scar tissue around her vocal chords from her tubes. Lungs-They were clearer then anticipated by docs, she is definitely fighting the disease and progressing toward recovery.

They can now focus on allowing her to wake off the heavy sedation she has been under. She was aware her parents were at her bedside last night for a few minutes before they knocked her out again.

I had tears of joy when doc explained everything that happened and the results. Thanks so much for your support and prayer. There is no distance when it comes to prayer and I am so thankful for everyone here who prayed for Erica.

She has a ways to go still, but it could be alot worse and she is on the mend.

Eddie
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Swine Flu - 12/22/09 07:05 PM
Congratulations with this fantastic news!
Glad to hear things are really starting to look good with Erica.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Swine Flu - 12/22/09 07:35 PM
A HUGE congratulations!!! I just love Christmas Miracles!! :):):):):)

God Bless and Merry Christmas,
Mike
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Swine Flu - 12/22/09 08:59 PM
So happy for the good news and for the One who promised to never leave or forsake us.

Praise the Lord.

Don S.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Swine Flu - 12/23/09 01:19 AM
Big hugs your way!

Merry Christmas
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Swine Flu - 12/23/09 05:12 AM
>>>she is on the mend

Thanks for this wonderful news!
Posted By: mglinert Re: Swine Flu - 12/23/09 09:50 AM
Great news Eddie - hope Erica continues to make progress towards a swift and full recovery.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Swine Flu - 12/23/09 02:30 PM
Oh, Eddie, that's fantastic! Hugs all around, and Go Erica!
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Swine Flu - 12/23/09 02:59 PM
Great news.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 12:46 AM
Update- 01/19/10

They have removed 4 chest tubes today and her NG Tube out of her throat as well. She has also shown improvement on her CT Scan (Lungs) and is now on assist control on her ventilator vs the machine breathing for her. They will start to wean her off ventilator soon.

She has been awake, but recently more coherent and alert and acting like her "old self" again. She has been through enough for 3 people and God has kept his hand upon her. She truly is a modern day miracle.

Thanks so much for the prayer and support you have said for us. I am forever grateful to you all.

We have a ways to go, but can finally exhale in relief here.

God Bless You All !!!

Eddie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 01:56 AM
GREAT NEWS my friend.

We’re keeping her in our prayers for sure.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 02:26 AM
Eddie - I had no idea this was still on-going. Nice to hear some improving news. She is one tough cookie all right and she's been through a ton.

Give her our best. Ian
Posted By: Mac Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 02:45 AM
We give thanks for answered prayer and we know who we are giving that thanks to!

And we shall not stop with the prayers until she is home and her old self again.

Great news!

--Mac
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 04:21 AM
Eddie,

I'm glad to hear she's doing so much better. I just sent up another prayer for her and for all of your family.

Bob
Posted By: Shackman Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 06:47 AM
I seem to have misse all the high drama and prayer campaign here... but my prayer support and remembering Erica before the Lord will stand alongside the rest of your buddies here, Trax.

John
Posted By: gibson Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 07:46 AM
Excellent news, there is a way to go but at least she is now on that road.
My thoughts go to you and your family in these trying times.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 11:12 AM
Eddie,
Thoughts & prayers from here, too.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 11:50 AM
I got my shot(2) months ago, the swine flu and the regular flu shot. My wife got both hers at work a month ago. Our government was under huge criticism for giving it to priority groups at first. They ordered 2 shots of swine flu vaccine for every Canadian because the makers couldn't say if we needed 2 for protection. Turns out we only need 1. Over 50 per cent of us have had the vaccine so far, there are always going to be people who won't do it.

Now that we have this huge surplus we donated a whole lot to Mexico so they can be well and pick peppers in California. LOL just JOKING!

Of course being a pinko commie nation it was all free and done at shopping malls and I got invited to the Fire Department clinics as a retiree, but my doc did them on a walk in basis.

The people around here who've died have been health late teens or early 20's. They seem to go from ill to near death's door in hours. My opinion was that even if I got a mild dose and it killed someone I gave it to I'd be devastated. My daughter for instance who had to be sedated at the sight of a needle. She almost got kicked out of school twice, they gave her and 6 others like her laughing gas and 3 Valiums and she got the shots needed to stay in school.

Now for a shot to cure arthritis....
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Swine Flu - 01/20/10 10:53 PM
BTW, My daughter did test positive for the H1N1 Virus. She developed Acute Respitory Distress as a result.

They have lowered her ventilator settings today to the lowest it has ever been !!! I believe they are now in wean mode on the vent.

Thanks so much for the prayer and support.

Trax
Posted By: John Conley Re: Swine Flu - 01/21/10 05:26 AM
Good news.

Too many young people have been afflicted by this.

Too many people I know refuse to get the vaccination.

I did it not for me, but for who I might infect.

I hope that this has a positive outcome, and that others will take the threat seriously.

As I said, I would not want to be the one to get a mild case and infect someone who becomes seriously ill, or who dies.

Complacency is not excuse when it comes to the health of others. You would not knowingly poison someone, so why would you not take the precaution of having a shot that might save someones life.

I've given my daughter who has the needle phobia an ultimatum. She arranges to get the shot OR ELSE. I have a new grandson I dearly love, and she cannot be around him until she at least takes the shot. When he's a month older he can get his own shot. But for now she can't visit or see him.

This is not something most of us need to worry about, but read and figure it out. There is an demographic that can die quickly from this flu. Do the right thing.

BTW, it hurt my arm for a week. So what.
Posted By: Superbron Re: Swine Flu - 01/21/10 06:21 PM
Eddie,

My thoughts go to you and your family during these hard times. I hope your daughter will be well soon!

Superbron
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Swine Flu - 01/21/10 08:53 PM
Eddie,
I didn't realize she was still in the hospital. I'm glad she's doing better.

Gary
© PG Music Forums