PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM Maybe Tomorrow - 11/25/23 10:46 PM
It's been a while since my last post. I've been quite involved in my speech recognition add-on programming stuff this year.

However, there is one song I finished last year that was not yet posted. I should have the BIAB project file somewhere, but I don't quite remember where I put it...

Maybe Tomorrow

This is the second song I've recorded from the Dutch singer-songwriter Wim Wiltenburg.

Maybe Tomorrow is about the final goodbye to a person very close to him.

Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/25/23 10:52 PM
Rob
Lovely simple backing to a sad but beautiful song.
Superb vocals as always.
Excellent
Peter
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/25/23 10:53 PM
Great vocal on this Rob! It's a heart touching song! I think the choice of light instrumentation backing was a good one! Thanks, TB
Posted By: RnAM Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/26/23 02:09 PM
Thanks Torrey and Peter. I appreciate the comments!

Rob
Posted By: Al-David Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/27/23 08:03 AM
Hi Rob,

As Peter & Torrey already said, sad but beautiful. The simplicity of the arrangement is a winner. The music thoroughly supports the vocals without getting in the way of them. Your voice is in great form!

That was a real nice listen!

Best to both of you ...

Alan
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/27/23 11:34 AM
I really like the first part of the song, it's very refined, it made me think of Neil Young or America.
Laurent
Posted By: rsdean Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/27/23 11:52 AM
Rob,

Beautiful song and superb vocal. Pro mix.

Bob
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/27/23 03:41 PM
Rob, well, that's short but VERY sweet! Beautifully performed and mixed. If that was a BiaB acoustic guitar, I've not heard it before. Sounded great either way. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/28/23 06:07 AM
Wow! Lovely and sad vocal.

And as I'm still trying to puzzle out the details of the story (there's a lot left unsaid), it comes to an end and feels as unfinished as the singer's emotions.

That's a lot in just a small write. Great vocal, excellent sound.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/28/23 11:09 AM
Hi Rob,

A beautiful voice, a lovely melody and simple, yet effective 'band' in this song.
Very good!
One 'but': it's too short...

Echt mooi lied!
Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/28/23 03:53 PM
"...speech recognition add-on programming stuff" sounds really cool. So does this song, Rob. What an extraordinray vocal. Chilling lyrics and melody. Sadness with a positive sentiment.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/29/23 09:09 PM
Rob, as already been said this is a sad but beautiful song.
I really liked the dynamics in this one.
Super vocal and great lyrics.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/30/23 02:34 AM
Hey Rob,

So nice to see you again.

This is a lovely song with a gorgeous performance. You sound like a singer songwriter star on the radio in a different era, when music was still good.

smile
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 11/30/23 04:05 AM
I was initially going to say too short, but with that sudden end it's perfect as it is. I have one song, more upbeat than this which ends suddenly and it's totally right for it. And ditto in this case..
Posted By: jannesan Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/01/23 06:09 PM
Lovely to hear The Voice I've been missing quite a long time smile Still going strong with lots of emotion. Beautiful melody. I enjoyed the simple arrangement having intimate mood built around the touching lyrics.

Janne
Posted By: RnAM Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/02/23 10:03 PM
Thanks Alan, I appreciate the comment!

Rob
Posted By: vicarn Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/03/23 11:29 AM
Lovely song, Rob.
The finest vocal. Not a note too many.

Vic
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/03/23 04:10 PM
Rob,

Beautifully done.
Heartfelt vocal.
Nice arrangement and good mix.

Good to see ya back....

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/03/23 09:37 PM
I never get tired of hearing your voice, good choice to go for a rather sparse arrangement.
That's the good stuff.

Glad to have you (both) back smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/06/23 12:08 PM
Hi Rob.

This is stunning listening. I love the acoustic sound and it fits with your vocals and the lyric and melody so perfectly!
This is what I classify as "beautiful music".
It's been a long time since I last listened to you sing. You haven't lost your knack. You're still brilliant smile

All the very best to you and Anne-Marie,
--Noel
Posted By: firesong Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/06/23 05:58 PM
Rob...this is simply beautiful....the vocal and harmonies are exquisite...many times "less is more" and this is a great example of that...gorgeous melody...it's so great to hear your voice again on the forum...so well done!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/06/23 09:15 PM
Beautiful song, beautiful singing. The sudden ending took me a little by surprise, but it's, of course, perfect as it is. You are a pro, singing-wise, and communicate effortlessly the somewhat enigmatic emotions of the song. Well done - good to hear you sing again smile
Posted By: rayc Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/06/23 09:51 PM
The intimate communication of the vocal is wonderful. The arrangement supports that really well.
Good to hear you again.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/07/23 02:07 PM
This is a beautiful tribute to Wim's friend.

The production is lovely and poignant with a sweet melody and a fine emotive vocal.
The sparse arrangement and quick closure are very effective in delivering the sentiment.

Janice remarked that it is reminiscent of Dan Fogelberg.

So well done!

J&B
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Maybe Tomorrow - 12/07/23 02:14 PM
Hi Rob really great work excellent vocals just perfect thanks Eric
© PG Music Forums