PG Music Home
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 09:10 AM
https://open.spotify.com/album/1PcRlzPtUk1cVr23mOqGLE?si=9QGoIBIWR26Cobl4Rc6r_A

This blues swing is one of the first short instrumentals I did 2020 when I picked up guitar playing again after a "short" break of 25 years! grin I decided to make this REMIX version little more modern sounding with higher tempo.
From BIAB I used WRONGED.STY where I kept Drums (Michael White) and Bass Alex Al. Those two are just GREAT musicians who have played with a lot of stars like Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and many more. It's so cool that we BIAB user can access their beautiful playing.
In LOGIC PRO I played all guitars and 4 different Synth keyboards.
I often develop the "songs" out of something I practice on guitar. It's more fun to practice playing a song than scales.
I hope it's ok to put Instrumental stuff here too? My take on this is to hold them short, about 1.5 -> 2 minutes, like music snacks so people aren't bored.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 12:36 PM
Your playing sounds like a practice exercise like you mentioned, doesn't mean it doesn't work though. Right at the fadeout at the end I could hear you start getting into some bluesy licks.

Good stuff, I enjoyed your music snack smile Nothing wrong with posting instrumentals, lots of people here do.

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 05:31 PM
Blues - and short enough not to wear out its welcome. wink

By all means, post instrumentals! Sounds good.
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 07:52 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 09:54 PM
Cool tune! Nice solo work, you have very fluid phrasing and nice tone. Nifty little turnaround on your progression, too. Nicely done!
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 10:36 PM
Thanks a lot! It’s much arpeggios and string changes, very fun to play and to wake up the old fingers. 😂🎸
Posted By: MarioD Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/03/24 11:36 PM
Sören, I wish my old fingers could wake up like that!
Super runs, great tone.
A great exercise practice turned into a song - brilliant.
Yes, we need more instrumentalists here!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/07/24 12:00 AM
Cool song. I think all riffs some how from from a previous lesson or something we heard in the past. A lighter touch, a pause, sitting on a note while the rest of the band takes off down the road all makes for some excellent instrumental or fills and solos. Well done.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/07/24 12:04 AM
Good stuff, I would've wanted to hear more though.

Mike B.

Cheers
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/07/24 10:25 PM
Thanks Mario, Scott and Pete. It's a fun little song to play I'm happy with the sound of the remix. For you guys who use Logic Pro X I must say try the new Mastering Tool in the latest version. It's pretty amazing!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/08/24 12:21 AM
Sören,
This is great! Your playing is done so well and with precision that I would love to have! It's a very good instrumental with a really well-balanced sound! I enjoyed it!
Take care, TB
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/08/24 07:40 PM
I think it's a nice song with some cool guitar noodling (wish I could play like this) and pretty well mixed.
And, as others have said, nothing wrong with instrumentals.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 02:03 PM
Hi Sören,

That was a short story you wanted to share with us!
But a nice one.
Personally I would like to hear more melody and less riffs, but this song was too short to bother ;-)

Nice day,
Hans
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 05:56 PM
Good pickin'. Someone that plays that well should not be taking such a long break! I like the instrumentals that are put on here, so I hope you keep them coming. Personally, I thought this one was a little too short. Stretching it out some might make more melodic and less like a practice session? I like your playing and mixes.

Brad
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 09:15 PM
I really got into that from the get go, but then was so disappointed that it vanished after 2 minutes! I want more, more, I tell you, more! I've been using BiaB to create instrumentals alone as I can't record where I live and my shortest track was 3:24, the longest 8:16 (which had a good response). Most are over 5 minutes, including my most recent, "Quan Yin", which is 6:44. So someone with your talent shouldn't be limiting yourself on time.
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 09:38 PM
Haha, when I started doing instrumentals I decided to do them short, around two minutes. I thought without singing and lyrics people will be bored pretty fast. So, big thanks but I think I keep ‘m short. And do more instead. 😎🎸👍
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 10:08 PM
Very smooth backing track. Great guitar links, interesting scales. I was expecting more blues from you title but wasn't disappointed in your performance.
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/10/24 10:40 PM
Yeah, you are right. It isn’t much blues left. In this Remix I replayed everything in a higher tempo, with synths and a different felling. 😊
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/11/24 09:06 PM
Sören,

Nice playing.
Good mix.
Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/16/24 08:51 PM
Everything is there to expand it into a cool blues instrumental.
Being blue folks we had no problem imagining where it could go.

Nice little ditty and we enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Blue Sunday Blues - 02/16/24 08:59 PM
Nice way to get a project going. Smooth and easy on the ears. Would love to hear the finished piece, when that happens.

Very nice. Take care,

Alan
© PG Music Forums