PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/03/24 02:46 PM
Lady Luck

This is a bit different for us three as it is all acoustic.  Janice sang and played percussion on her cajon (no drums), Peter plays guitar (solos and rhythm) and Bud is on upright bass. The mix and arrangement are both a three way effort. As always your time to listen and, if interested, comment are appreciated. And thanks to the guitar man and PG Music. More info below tech stuff and on SC.

Vocals: Rode NT1 > Scarlett 212 interface > Logic Pro > Nectar (very light compression and reverb)

Piano: MIDI SuperTrack 2845 Piano, Rhythm BluesSlowSwing > Logic Pro Grand Steinway > Waves CLA Unplugged 

Rhythm Guitar: RealTrack 556 Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Sw > Waves CLA Unplugged 

Cajon: Waves Magma BBT & Waves CLA Drums

RealDrums: ShakerSwing8ths
RealDrums: TambourineSwing8ths (tag) > EMT 140 Plate Reverb sim on both

Bass: 1953 Kay Swingmaster > Logic Pro EQ > Neutron 3 > Waves Bass Rider

Solos and rhythm guitar: whatever the man does smile

Post mix stuff: Ozone EQ > Ozone multi-compression > Ozone Imager > Ozone Maximizer > Izotope Tonal Balance > Logic Pro Loudness Meter

© 2024 J. Merritt, B. Merritt & P. Fulham All Rights Reserved
The tune is world wide public domain, first released by Clarence Williams 101 years ago, and was also sung by Bessie Smith in 1923.  We tweaked the lyric and created a new chord structure. Being public domain we own all rights to our version.
Posted By: vicarn Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/03/24 04:48 PM
You three are in tune with each other on this.
To my ears, the bass, although sound may be a trifle loud?

Vic
Posted By: dcuny Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/03/24 05:54 PM
It's blues, so you've already won me over with that. smile

Janice's singing makes me run out of superlatives, and Peter's guitar is perfect. I was so focused on the vocal, I didn't even notice the BGVs until the second listening. Which means they're sitting in the mix at the right level. wink

I didn't know anything about Kay basses, but after reading through your comments I had a look, and now I know a bit more about those sturdy beasts.

Ha! I didn't expect the tag at the end.

Nice work all, I really enjoyed the listen. laugh
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/03/24 10:08 PM
Nice! Janice, Bud, Peter, you really sound tight on this one, or maybe you have exactly the right amount of looseness to fill in all the right blues spaces. Great acoustic playing by all. Especially liked the dobro(?) sliding around. The ending was cool, too. Super effort by the group!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/03/24 11:52 PM
Janice, Bud, and Peter unplugged - brilliant!
You know I love the blues and this acoustic blues is fantastic, as good as or better than what I have ever heard.
As usual everything is absolutely perfect.
Loved it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by vicarn
You three are in tune with each other on this.
To my ears, the bass, although sound may be a trifle loud?

Vic

Thanks Vic. Regarding the bass I need to change out to some steel strings that cut thru the mix better with less volume. The nylon strings are almost more like a tuned kick drum 😀when played in a low register. Great for bluegrass though. Glad you liked it.

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Nice! Janice, Bud, Peter, you really sound tight on this one, or maybe you have exactly the right amount of looseness to fill in all the right blues spaces. Great acoustic playing by all. Especially liked the dobro(?) sliding around. The ending was cool, too. Super effort by the group!

Thanks - no dobro or slide just an acoustic but interesting that it sounded like that to you.

Peter
Posted By: rsdean Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 07:33 PM
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Outstanding all around... Fantastic vocal by Janice. She always brings any song into a completely new space. Her delivery is flawless, emotive and holds your attention like no other.

Love the upright bass by Bud - it's just a wonderful sound. Peter's acoustic guitar playing is superb. Also, love the way the production and mix totally fit the acoustic sound - hard to do and done so well.

You all are making this old music completely relevant and making new history with it.

Loved it all!

Bob
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 11:22 PM
Classic interpretation of a classic. Bessie would be proud. Janice not only sings brilliantly, she ace at arragning and mixing.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 11:42 PM
Superb. Mrs Merritt ... wow. What a voice. Love the staccato end of phrases on the word "luck", and a few others. You know when to hold a note and when to cut it short smile Also, your tone is OUTSTANDING, and perfect for songs such as these.

Peter's guitar playing fits seamlessly into the song. Not too much, not too little. Well done, Bud, on the mixing, too!!!

As others have said, I too concur: Bessie Smith would be so proud.

What a board chock-a-block full of talent we truly have, right here, at the PG Music User Showcase forum. Long may it continue ... I know I'm guaranteed to hear good music if I log in, here. Thanks, PG Music ... whatever you do, please keep it going ... this truly is the best Artists' Corner that I know of, online! smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/04/24 11:44 PM
J&B,
You all are quite the pros/experts at reviving these old PD tunes! Great vocals and percussion Janice! Bud is a wonderful bassist! Nice guitar solo! Super clean production that really sounds great to me! Sounds like it was recorded in a major studio!
Take care, TB
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by dcuny
It's blues, so you've already won me over with that. smile

Janice's singing makes me run out of superlatives, and Peter's guitar is perfect. I was so focused on the vocal, I didn't even notice the BGVs until the second listening. Which means they're sitting in the mix at the right level. wink

I didn't know anything about Kay basses, but after reading through your comments I had a look, and now I know a bit more about those sturdy beasts.

Ha! I didn't expect the tag at the end.

Nice work all, I really enjoyed the listen. laugh

Glad it all worked for you. Janice’s “oohs”
are indeed laid back and make brief appearances. 😀 Yes, the Kays are beasts! I drug mine around to festivals, club gigs and parking lot jams for many years. They dominated that scene and the rockabilly folks like them also. Even seen a few at jazz festivals. Just about any of the high end basses would survive little of that. Pardon the digression and we three greatly appreciate your response!

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 03:06 AM
Man, this sounds really good y'all.

I do love me some live acoustic now. It sounds like the way Jerry and Chester and me used to play it. Y'all would have fit right in. I used to know an old boy round here by the name of Doc Watson who might have joined in for that one. But he's gone on to play for Jesus now. But that's what I am talking about! Keepin' it in the family and keepin' it real.

But, I am afraid that Bass won't be in the family too much longer.

Bud, I am about to offer you 50 dollar, cash on the barrel head, for that bass thumpin' box of thunderin' buffalo noise you got there. Now that is my last offer, so you might as well pack her up. I will take Janice's old Martin box, too, since you know it ain't worth more than maybe ten or fifteen dollar, as old as it is. You can trust me. I's a friend and I would not lie to bluegrass fambly that way.

Be by shortly to seal the deal.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron

Thanks for listening and the comments are much appreciated!

J&B
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 01:07 PM
I'm never disappointed when I listen to a song from you guys.
I really like everything about this song, and the icing on the cake (as always) is Janice's vocals.
Love it!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
You know I love the blues and this acoustic blues is fantastic, as good as or better than what I have ever heard.
Loved it.

Thanks for the kind words Mario!

J&B
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 02:58 PM
You say different, I say same. Same incredible talent. Same best version I've ever heard (although this is one I haven't heard before, past examples lead me to believe there is none better). Love the all-acoustic approach, and Bud back on the Doghouse Bass. Janice, some great singing (same). Peter, some fabulous playing (same). Bud, some sweet slappin' (same). Outstanding mix and marvelous master (same).
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/05/24 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
Loved it.

Appreciate the comments Mario.

Peter
Ace performances by all involved.

Janice captures the bluesy heart of the song.

The acoustic solo sounds so era authentic.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/06/24 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Outstanding all around... Fantastic vocal by Janice. She always brings any song into a completely new space. Her delivery is flawless, emotive and holds your attention like no other.

Love the upright bass by Bud - it's just a wonderful sound. Peter's acoustic guitar playing is superb. Also, love the way the production and mix totally fit the acoustic sound - hard to do and done so well.

You all are making this old music completely relevant and making new history with it.

Loved it all!

Bob

Bob, we are happy the acoustic vibe worked for you. You are a master of the more sparse productions that we love so that makes your comments even more meaningful to us.

Thank you!

J&B
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/06/24 01:47 PM
A blues song that brings a big smile to my face! Great vocals Janice. of course, I loved the production and the tender, heart felt guitar solo as well. Great team effort J & B, and Peter!

Dewey
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/06/24 01:48 PM
Okay, I was writing the initial post before I heard the final chorus and 2nd guitar solo...WOW! Great job
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/06/24 03:44 PM
PERFECTION.

Don't need to say much more than that.
Janice at her Best.
Peter at his Best.
Bud at his Best.

Music. At it's Best.

Wow.
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N.
Posted By: firesong Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/06/24 05:38 PM
J&B, Peter...I'm very partial to acoustic pieces and this is done to perfection....Janice is certainly fitted to this style of music...sultry and with just the right interpretation and tonal inflections for these old classic R&B blues numbers....Peter is extraordinary on the flat-top...super tone...Bud...your bass is the perfect match to complete the trio...just great (as usual)! Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/07/24 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Classic interpretation of a classic. Bessie would be proud. Janice not only sings brilliantly, she ace at arragning and mixing.

Thank you!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/08/24 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by musician17
Superb. Mrs Merritt ... wow. What a voice. Love the staccato end of phrases on the word "luck", and a few others. You know when to hold a note and when to cut it short smile Also, your tone is OUTSTANDING, and perfect for songs such as these.

Peter's guitar playing fits seamlessly into the song. Not too much, not too little. Well done, Bud, on the mixing, too!!!

What a board chock-a-block full of talent we truly have, right here, at the PG Music User Showcase forum. Long may it continue ... I know I'm guaranteed to hear good music if I log in, here. Thanks, PG Music ... whatever you do, please keep it going ... this truly is the best Artists' Corner that I know of, online! smile

Thanks a lot.
Peter

Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Loved it all!

Bob

Thanks Bob appreciate the comments.
Peter
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Rhythm and blues songs are really great.
Even if it is performed in a new style, the essence remains the same.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard the original version so I can't compare it, but I think this version is really great.
Vocals, performance, everything is top notch.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/09/24 12:28 AM
Our own "Queen of Soul" really shines on this one!!! Excellent production all the way with some sweet guitar licks!!! You guys are a force!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: edshaw Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/09/24 01:18 AM
Bessie Smith, hey? We are lucky some people had the presence of mind to capture several of her performances on film. Remember "Give me a pig foot and a bottle of beer." ??
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/09/24 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by musician17

We appreciate you listening and writing such nice comments. And Janice thanks you for mentioning her phrasing.

Thanks for all!

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/09/24 06:29 PM
When the three of you decide to rework these old classic blues numbers they come out brand new and could be released and I’m sure they would have a place on the current charts. You won’t hear anything better than this on Americana or a Classic Blues station. High quality vocal, guitar, bass and production. There is certainly nothing much better than this here or anywhere else for that matter, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/10/24 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
J&B,
You all are quite the pros/experts at reviving these old PD tunes! Great vocals and percussion Janice! Bud is a wonderful bassist! Nice guitar solo! Super clean production that really sounds great to me! Sounds like it was recorded in a major studio!
Take care, TB

Thank you Torrey for all you wrote. Glad you like the bass and Janice’s cajon. It was a fun production.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/10/24 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Man, this sounds really good y'all.

I do love me some live acoustic now. It sounds like the way Jerry and Chester and me used to play it. Y'all would have fit right in. I used to know an old boy round here by the name of Doc Watson who might have joined in for that one. But he's gone on to play for Jesus now. But that's what I am talking about! Keepin' it in the family and keepin' it real.

But, I am afraid that Bass won't be in the family too much longer.

Bud, I am about to offer you 50 dollar, cash on the barrel head, for that bass thumpin' box of thunderin' buffalo noise you got there. Now that is my last offer, so you might as well pack her up. I will take Janice's old Martin box, too, since you know it ain't worth more than maybe ten or fifteen dollar, as old as it is. You can trust me. I's a friend and I would not lie to bluegrass fambly that way.

Be by shortly to seal the deal.

Glad you liked it but we’re gonna have to negotiate your offers a bit. 😀

J&B
Posted By: jannesan Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/10/24 05:13 PM
I really enjoy this acoustic approach, so easy on ears. Cajon, Peter's guitar and the upright bass blend nicely with BIAB instruments. I can imagine this being played live, very nice laid-back feel.

Janice is definitely the Lady Luck, everything she touches with her voice turns to gold, exceptional work here once again smile

Janne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/10/24 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I'm never disappointed when I listen to a song from you guys.
I really like everything about this song, and the icing on the cake (as always) is Janice's vocals.
Love it!

Thanks!

J&B
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/11/24 04:00 PM
Hi J&B,

Bessie again!!!
She would be very jealouse/ or proud if she could hear Janice. I think it's 'proud'.
Janice, what a nice performance. And what nice you have a very good band behind you, with Peter there.
I think, beside Janice's' her voice the acoustic 'band' uplifted this song into a toe tapper (or maybe it already was).

A very nice Blues, really enjoyed!

Hans
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/12/24 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
You say different, I say same. Same incredible talent. Same best version I've ever heard (although this is one I haven't heard before, past examples lead me to believe there is none better). Love the all-acoustic approach, and Bud back on the Doghouse Bass. Janice, some great singing (same). Peter, some fabulous playing (same). Bud, some sweet slappin' (same). Outstanding mix and marvelous master (same).

Thanks Marty! We appreciate every word of that particularly given this was a bit of a different direction for us.

J&B

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Ace performances by all involved.

Janice captures the bluesy heart of the song.

The acoustic solo sounds so era authentic.

Much appreciated!!

J&B
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/12/24 04:14 PM
Once again a beautiful song very well sung and after listening to it; let's hope I'm lucky: I'm going to get a lotto ticket
Laurent
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/13/24 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
A blues song that brings a big smile to my face! Great vocals Janice. of course, I loved the production and the tender, heart felt guitar solo as well. Great team effort J & B, and Peter!

Dewey

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Okay, I was writing the initial post before I heard the final chorus and 2nd guitar solo...WOW! Great job

Thanks and glad you liked that last section. Janice and Peter put a lot of heart and soul into it … but hey I’m obviously quite biased!😃

Bud
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/14/24 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
PERFECTION.

Don't need to say much more than that.
Janice at her Best.
Peter at his Best.
Bud at his Best.

Music. At it's Best.

Wow.
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N.

Thank you mr jane! That makes it all worthwhile indeed.

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/14/24 07:52 AM
This one has vibe, authenticity and fab performances from a crack ensemble.
Ace mix with that bass thudding away as it ought too.
The tag was well worth hanging around for as it tied this package with a neat bow.
TREE mendous.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/14/24 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by firesong
J&B, Peter...I'm very partial to acoustic pieces and this is done to perfection....Janice is certainly fitted to this style of music...sultry and with just the right interpretation and tonal inflections for these old classic R&B blues numbers....Peter is extraordinary on the flat-top...super tone...Bud...your bass is the perfect match to complete the trio...just great (as usual)! Dan

Thank you very much Dan! We all three much appreciate your listen and generous comments.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/15/24 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by animarorecords
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Rhythm and blues songs are really great.
Even if it is performed in a new style, the essence remains the same.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard the original version so I can't compare it, but I think this version is really great.
Vocals, performance, everything is top notch.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted by Greg Johnson
Our own "Queen of Soul" really shines on this one!!! Excellent production all the way with some sweet guitar licks!!! You guys are a force!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Gregg!

J&B
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/15/24 02:11 PM
Man, I'm very late to the party on this one, three pages of reviews already! eek

Just love the acoustic approach! Bass is solid, and the Cajon sounds cool.

Peter sounds great! And Janice is her usual awesome self cool

Excellent right from the start to that cool ending, well done folks.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/16/24 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by edshaw
Bessie Smith, hey? We are lucky some people had the presence of mind to capture several of her performances on film. Remember "Give me a pig foot and a bottle of beer." ??

We enjoyed those few film performances. Hope you liked ours! 😀

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/18/24 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by tommyad
When the three of you decide to rework these old classic blues numbers they come out brand new and could be released and I’m sure they would have a place on the current charts. You won’t hear anything better than this on Americana or a Classic Blues station. High quality vocal, guitar, bass and production. There is certainly nothing much better than this here or anywhere else for that matter, Tom

Tom, given the quality of your productions and your feel for the blues we could hardly ask for a more supportive review.

Thank you very much!!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/19/24 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by jannesan
I really enjoy this acoustic approach, so easy on ears. Cajon, Peter's guitar and the upright bass blend nicely with BIAB instruments. I can imagine this being played live, very nice laid-back feel.

Janice is definitely the Lady Luck, everything she touches with her voice turns to gold, exceptional work here once again smile

Janne

Thank you! A laid back live feel was exactly what we hoped to achieve. And Janice much appreciates your comments on her vocal.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/20/24 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi J&B,

Bessie again!!!
She would be very jealouse/ or proud if she could hear Janice. I think it's 'proud'.
Janice, what a nice performance. And what nice you have a very good band behind you, with Peter there.
I think, beside Janice's' her voice the acoustic 'band' uplifted this song into a toe tapper (or maybe it already was).

A very nice Blues, really enjoyed!

Hans

Thanks Hans. Janice says she's is proud just to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Bessie Smith!
We three are happy you liked it!

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/21/24 06:01 AM
Late to the party - couldn't get my email for almost two weeks! Hope the cake ain't stale and the Coke is still cool.

I'm guessing the Blues genre came to be because someone knew you two would someday come along and give it validity.

Just so danged good! These Blues put a smile on my face. All three of you outdid yourself. This is my favorite lead track from Peter - awesome! And Janet's voice? Well, the known superlatives are inadequate. And Bud's knob twisting - precision!

Blues as it's supposed to be.

Alan
Posted By: Derochette Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/21/24 02:29 PM
Hello Janice Bud and Peter,

Composition very rich in orchestration. The mix is ​​impeccable. And the tone of Jani’s voice is still so pleasant. I also like Peter's guitar playing. Everything is smooth and well done.

Jani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/23/24 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Once again a beautiful song very well sung and after listening to it; let's hope I'm lucky: I'm going to get a lotto ticket
Laurent

Thank you. And we hope that lotto ticket wins! 😀

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/24/24 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by rayc
This one has vibe, authenticity and fab performances from a crack ensemble.
Ace mix with that bass thudding away as it ought too.
The tag was well worth hanging around for as it tied this package with a neat bow.
TREE mendous.

We three appreciate that Ray!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 02/25/24 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Al-David
Late to the party - couldn't get my email for almost two weeks! Hope the cake ain't stale and the Coke is still cool.

I'm guessing the Blues genre came to be because someone knew you two would someday come along and give it validity.

Just so danged good! These Blues put a smile on my face. All three of you outdid yourself. This is my favorite lead track from Peter - awesome! And Janet's voice? Well, the known superlatives are inadequate. And Bud's knob twisting - precision!

Blues as it's supposed to be.

Alan

Thank you Al. Those comments are too kind but, hey, we’ll take them! 😀

Much appreciated,

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 03/01/24 03:00 AM
Loved the groove and feel to this tune. Love how Janice's vocal slides the note. Perfection. Peters guitar break was excellent. Some very tasty basslines :-). Awesome production and mix Bud. Radio ready. Well done..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 03/02/24 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hello Janice Bud and Peter,

Composition very rich in orchestration. The mix is ​​impeccable. And the tone of Jani’s voice is still so pleasant. I also like Peter's guitar playing. Everything is smooth and well done.

Jani

Thank you.

We’re glad you liked it!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lady Luck (feat. PeterF on guitars) - 03/02/24 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Scott C
Loved the groove and feel to this tune. Love how Janice's vocal slides the note. Perfection. Peters guitar break was excellent. Some very tasty basslines :-). Awesome production and mix Bud. Radio ready. Well done..

Thank you Scott! It was a fun project.

J&B
© PG Music Forums