PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog EP - Attitude is Everything - 02/11/24 04:45 PM
Dear Forum Friends,

First, please accept my apology for my absence from this forum for so long. I changed job back in 2021 and had to shift my focus from music to work. Now that I've gotten up to speed, I should be able to pay more attention to music. The boss should be sympathic, he a guitar player.

Second, My new EP-"Attitude is Everything" should drop on Spotify, iTune, YouTube, etc. this week. I wanted to share the online test copy with you from my website on Soundclick.

The EP includes some very positive messages. I think we need more of that lately. The song "Attitude is Everything" expresses one of my personal mottos. The song "Eclipsing Reality" was written after the 2017 Solar Eclipse. On April 8th, there will be another Total Solar Eclipse. If you can make your way the path of totality, I strongly recommend it. I found it to be a very moving experience. I hope you enjoy the EP.

Finally, I'm hoping this project will help get my "Music Motor" started again so I can pick up where I left off writing, recording and sharing my music.

Best wishes

Mike Bonadonna
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: DC Ron Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/11/24 07:24 PM
Mike, welcome back! Know how work can compete with more joyous pursuits, especially in the DMV. Listened to the two EP tracks you linked and enjoyed them very much. Would be interested in knowing more about how the band is split between BiaB, you and other musical sources. Learning how folks get their sound is just part of the magic of this forum for some of us. Good luck getting your Music Motor revving at high RPMs! Looking forward to future listens.
Posted By: cheryl anne Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/12/24 12:34 AM
Hi Mike,
Welcome back. Glad to see your working so hard at your music. A lot more fun than a real life job.
I liked your song Eclipsing Reality. I liked the flow and that i can hear each word and the beat is very nice. I can see this song used in a movie. Have a great week, Happy Valentines to you and your family, cheryl anne
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/12/24 01:13 AM
Mike, I'm glad your back. I don't think I've heard your stuff before. Listening to your stuff now and I like the production and message. I too would be interested in the Biab tracks your using.

Brad
Posted By: Al-David Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/12/24 05:38 AM
Hi Mike,

I was so delighted to see your name on the forum! I've listened to the first two cuts and think they sound great! Your vocals are pleasant and a delight to listen to. And great job on the arrangements and production.

Your Music Motor is pretty danged high-powered. Keep the pedal to the metal!

Really enjoyed this!

Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: dcuny Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/13/24 04:52 AM
Hi, Mike.

Good to have you back!

I would have guessed your motto to be Ad Astra, especially since you snuck that into the lyric. wink

Somehow I knew this was going to be a positive, uplifting song even before pressing the play button.

Fun listen! laugh
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/14/24 02:27 PM
Excellent song, Mike. I'm with ya, brother; my blood type is B positive. Very encouraging lyrics. Much enjoyed the title song, and will stay for more. Thanks.
Posted By: firesong Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/14/24 04:20 PM
Mike....nice rockin' tune...your right attitude is a biggy...glad you've returned to the forum!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 02:30 AM
DC Ron,

Good to chat with a fellow DC dweller. Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed the tunes. You may appreciate the last track on the EP, "Stay in the Fight". We wrote it after our Washington Nationals won the World Series. It was truly inspiring. OBTW, The Nationals Organization turned down my offer to give them the song for the use. Go figure!

You ask about how much I use BiaB in the music. Quite a bit. After we write the song and I can play it on piano, it suggests a feeling a style. I look for a similar style in BiaB. I try to stick with the RealStyles and RealTracks because they are so good. Then I replace the parts I can play on a keyboard. The drums and guitars are all BiaB except I played rhythm guitar on "Live Today". I also sing all the vocals but occasionally use the harmonizer to morph my vocal into female voices.

Rock on
Go Nats!

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 02:40 AM
Cherly Anne, Thanks for listening and your kind words. I see you're in St Petersburg FL. We used to live in the Tampa Bay area. Loved it except for those darned Fire Ants!

The 2017 solar eclipse was a very moving experience. We're going to the Path of Totality for the April 8th eclipse. The next one is in 20 years. A long time to wait. Wish us fair weather and good luck.

Keep listening and making music.

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 02:51 AM
Brad,
Thanks for listening. Song writing and recording is the fun part for me. The production is hard work but BiaB and RealBand really make it possible for me. I can't remember the specific RealTracks, but basically you can't go wrong. Whatever you can't play, RealTracks has it covered. Then after you find a few RTs you like, you regenerate them and edit them until you're satisfied. What a great creative tool.

Have Fun!

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 02:59 AM
Alan,

So good to see you again as well. All you long-timers (not old-timers) from the forum are such a treasure.

Actually, my Music Motor is sputtering. My creative process takes a lot of work and time. I can't imagine how some folks are so prolific. However, the pendulum has started swinging back.

Talk to you soon.

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 03:07 AM
David,

Yeah, Ad Astra would be a good motto. Perhaps too ambitious for me. I need the power of positive thinking and self-belief to avoid the dark side.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Mike

DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 03:13 AM
Marty,

Man, you've been busy on the Forum. Pleasure to me you and hear your music. I like that "blood type B Positive" . Cool! I will.

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 03:17 AM
Firesong,

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you like it.

Speaking of prolific, 359 songs! That's incredible! Congratulations on sharing your message with the world. Wow.

Mike
DC SpaceDog
Posted By: tommyad Re: EP - Ecplising Reality - 02/16/24 11:25 AM
Mike, good to see you around. You certainly have the right attitude when it comes to music. Keep up the good work,Tom
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: EP - Attitude is Everything - 02/16/24 07:58 PM
I listened to "Attitude is Everything" and like it.
I'll listen to the rest later and wish you good luck with your EP.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: EP - Attitude is Everything - 02/17/24 03:11 PM
Mike,

I'm listening to this and it sounds really good.

Very high quality of the mix and performances and I really like your voice.

I can't wait to listen to more of the songs and congratulations on your effort and best wishes with the album success!!
© PG Music Forums