PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Obrigado Brazil" - Nylon Guitar latin style - 02/22/24 10:02 AM
https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/obrigado-brazil-nylon-guitar

Original tune - I play nylon/ac guitars, piano bass strings on the keys, charango, drums from BB 22

Carl
Very nice tune, sound and playing Carl! Beautiful harmonies.
Thanks very much Soren for your nice comment and for listening - really glad you liked it !!

Cheers from the UK, Carl
I love this kind of music. It's very successful.
Laurent
Thank you Laurent - glad you liked my tune!!

Best, Carl
Wow, this is the second piece I've heard of yours today and they both shine. Very mellow, relaxing melody. I love your style and mixing styles. I liked those drums as well, they fit the piece nicely.

Brad
Carl, lovely tune! Great tone and articulation on the nylon string guitar, and whatever FX or natural ambience you were using worked perfectly. Like the little section with the change of pace at the halfway point, too. Great job playing the band from the keyboard. Everything sounded great.
Thanks again Brad very much for listening and nice comments - much appreciated!!

Cheers from the UK, Carl
Hi Ron, very pleased you liked my Bossa tune - a little tribute to all the great music creators in Brazil and S. America generally!

Thanks a lot for taking a listen,

Best, Carl
Hi Carl,

This is a very nice tune. I've been a fan of Latin music for many, many years. I like the subtle, gentle aura of this one. The nylon ac track is very smooth yet exciting. I would like to have had the bass a bit more forward in the mix, but that's not a big issue - just a personal preference.

Very nicely written and executed.

Alan
Carl...this is such a great playfully tender piece...your playing is masterful in every regard...top-notch on every level!
Carl, this is outstanding.
Great chops on that nylon string guitar.
Super backing tracks.
Fantastic mix.
I think this is your best to date.
Hi carl, very nice tune, very much deserved all the good reviews in this post.
Cheers

Mike B.
Very beautiful playing and melody, and gorgeous tones.

Sounds like Antonio Carlos Jobim a little.

Great job man!!
Hi Alan, thanks a lot for your nice comment - appreciated your mention on the bass needing to come forward a bit, funny my son is always telling me just that "more bass Dad"! I will pay attention to that now you mentioned it too - thanks for taking a listen!

All the best, Carl
Hi firesong, really glad you liked my Brazil bossa - thanks for nice comment and for listening!

Best, Carl
Hi Mario, blown away with all these nice comments - chuffed you enjoyed my Bossa tune and mix etc!
Thanks for taking a listen - best wishes from the UK!

Carl
Thanks very much for your nice comment Mike and for listening - much appreciated!

Best regards from the UK, Carl
Hi David, so pleased a bunch of people on the forum enjoyed this one - chuffed with your very nice comments!

Thanks for listening, all the best from the UK!

Carl
Hi, Carl.

Tuneful composition, excellent playing. Very nice! smile
Thank you David - chuffed you thought it was ok, as a lone musician you post these little ditties wondering whether anybody's going to approve?
Very glad you did, cheers Carl
Obrigado, Carl. Friends of ours just landed in Portugal this morning, and I will share this with them. They, too, will say obrigado. Such sweet sounds from that nylon. Jobim would also love this, as would anyone with a love of music. That piano is so complementary to the whole.
Hi again Marty - all I can say is that I'm overwhelmed with all these lovely comments on my 2 recent tunes,
thank you so very much for yours and for listening!!

All the best, Carl
Carl,

Love the sound you are getting here. Good choice on the drums. Great mix!

Bob
Thanks a lot Bob for listening and for your nice comment - very glad you liked my latin tune!

Cheers from the UK, Carl
Lovely gentle flow. Nice arrangement and mix. I'd like to hear you playing charango, an instrument I'd like to see on BiaB.
Hi WaoBand, thanks for your comment and for listening - you should hear the charango on the left in some parts of this mix, but it's fairly subtle!
I have 2 charangos and a 2 ronrocos which I fell in love with years ago - Pablo Richter in Argentina makes superb instruments (www.pablorichter.com.ar), I acquired mine mainly for recording but play them regularly just for the unique sound!

Glad you liked my tune, Cheers - Carl
© PG Music Forums