PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong In These Times - 02/23/24 06:22 PM
I was getting rid of some old computers and thought that I'd remove the hard drives first and see if I needed anything on them...I found an audio file with some old tracks on it and discovered these vocal tracks...so I made some new instrumental accompaniment tracks with BiaB and some Genos stuff and voila! So...if you choose to listen I would love your feedback especially concerning the mix...thanks...Dan

In These Times
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14733236

RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085
RealDrums in style:BluesRockSlowEv^1-a:SideStick , b:Snare
RealTracks in style: ~~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085

Yamaha Genos tracks: drums and bass

I added: Vocals and piano
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 06:36 PM
Dan

That was a very worthwhile treasure hunt! Glad you found this gem! My old hard drives would not yield such a find, probable something that would not be pleasant to listen to!
You turned this into a great song!
What an awesome message you've delivered here....one that surely put a smile on the face of the One sung about!
Great vocal and BGvox to go along with some stellar piano playing! I wish I could play piano like that, but I end up just memorizing short phrases and chord patterns a couple bars at a time!
Take care, TB
Posted By: rsdean Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 09:11 PM
Dan,

Very beautiful song. Your vocal is superb - what a voice!

Love your choice of tracks. Quite a good find I would say!

Bob
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 09:21 PM
Great vocals, and you added really good and professional sounding backing tracks.
Great work!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 09:51 PM
Dan, nicely saved, and the backing tracks are super! Love the dynamic range of your vocals on this one. Knowing how powerful and majestic your vocals can be, I was really struck by the beauty of the softly sung passages. Very enjoyable listen!
Posted By: Al-David Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 10:41 PM
Dan,

Keep looking! if you find any more like this, that would be a gift for the rest of us. Your vocals are always so smooth and beautiful. The bgvs always stand out in your productions.

Thanks for a great listen and message. Loved the piano triplets on the bridge!

Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: In These Times - 02/23/24 11:31 PM
Dan, the mix is perfect.
As usual outstanding vocal and lyrics.
You are the best gospel singer I have ever heard.
Posted By: dcuny Re: In These Times - 02/24/24 05:54 AM
Hi, Dan.

Such a good song! smile

Your vocals are always excellent, and the mix here is nicely balanced.

Note to self: Use modulations more often - they're super effective.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: In These Times - 02/24/24 11:35 AM
Nice find, Dan! Excellent song and performance.

Mix sounds good to me. Enjoyed!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: In These Times - 02/24/24 03:24 PM
Dan,

Solid. A good write.

Stunning Vocals. VERY well recorded and processed.

Excellent tracks. Excellent mix.

A good message.

fj
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: In These Times - 02/24/24 06:45 PM
WOW ... you put it all together on this one. Lyrics - uplifting powerful - Vocals - Spot on - Production - Pro Quality Melody - Catchy and memorable. I especially like the drum tones from your Yamaha Genos. EXCELLENT !!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: In These Times - 02/25/24 01:54 PM
Dan,

This sounds great to me. I like the mix!

Good song too!
Posted By: Derochette Re: In These Times - 02/25/24 03:10 PM
Hi firesong,

Nice composition. I love the well done vocals. It's pleasant. I appreciated.

Jani
Posted By: firesong Re: In These Times - 02/26/24 03:21 AM
Thanks to all my friends for your kind comments and opinions...I appreciate them a great deal...Dan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: In These Times - 02/27/24 12:04 AM
Dadgum, I'm glad you checked that computer! Excellent song. I second all the above comments. Your piano pickin' really stood out on this one Dan. Great writing, as always, and the backing tracks you chose were right on the money. I especially liked that bass.

Brad
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: In These Times - 02/27/24 02:48 AM
I don't know why this song is not on the radio. Beautiful arrangement, everything about if cries hit!!
Posted By: tommyad Re: In These Times - 02/28/24 05:37 PM
Dan, once again you have captured an amazing vocal performance. Very well written and the mix sounds great. You have inspired me to search my back catalog for a long forgotten gem such as this. Great message and very timely, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: In These Times - 03/04/24 02:55 PM
The lyric is definitely timely for these days. Good save on rediscovering it before you tossed the old hard drive.
It all sounds smooth and polished as we have come to expect from you.

Well done,

J&B
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: In These Times - 03/04/24 05:00 PM
Dan, you're the musical version of American Picker finding a gem in the discarded! Great job on all accounts.

Dewey
Posted By: vicarn Re: In These Times - 03/04/24 05:25 PM
Really nice song, Dan.
Mix sounds great.

Vic
Posted By: musician17 Re: In These Times - 03/04/24 05:32 PM
A really, really good song! You bring top notch, professional arrangements to the table, each and every time. And your message is always beautiful, well intended and touching. Your voice is stellar, your productions flawless. Well done - loved it.
Posted By: firesong Re: In These Times - 03/06/24 05:09 PM
Again....My sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to listen and comment...your thoughts are important to me...Dan
Posted By: Scott C Re: In These Times - 03/12/24 02:17 PM
So glad you discovered this song and revived it. Lyrics could not be more relevant with what is going on right now. The way some groups of people are treating each other is so disturbing. So much hate and anger.
© PG Music Forums