PG Music Home
I wrote this 14 years ago. Hope you enjoy the song and the message of hope it contains

Jesus is Risen
Herb, wow, this song takes me back to a time and place that's...WAY back in the rearview mirror. Great write, and your arrangement sounds just perfect. Your vocals really make this for me though. Love your big voice and the little inflections that inject life and nuance. Just a fabulous tune, fabulously executed. Hope you and yours had a nice Easter!
Herb, this is absolutely a fantastic song.
Very uplifting from title, through the perfect lyrics and melody, to the pro-sounding production. Excellent vocal. Realy dig that solo, too, and the modulation adds to the rising. Much enjoyed on many levels, Herb. Thanks.
Hi, Herb.

Nice country song! Solid arrangement, great country twang. I like the way the fiddle and slide guitar come in and out.

Like Marty, I agree - the lead guitar hits all the right notes!

I really wanted to hear a gospel choir join in on to the final chorus, but that was probably out of the budget.

Happy (belated) Easter!
That’s very nice, Herb.

We could easily hear the Oakridge Boys or The Gaither Vocal Band performing it.

Fine arrangement, write and mix.

So who's playing what? smile

J&B
Very timely. Nice Easter song indeed.
Thanks everyone. I thought it was appropriate for the day.
Herb...super song...the greatest theme to sing about for sure...consistent and true to the scriptural account...it would sound great with a choir in the background or a gospel quartet...the musical interlude is spot-on especially with the modulation which lifted the the melody to new heights!...I love everything about this wonderful song!
© PG Music Forums