PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Temperature Rising - 04/06/24 03:41 PM
Temperature Rising is just a little quick and dirty fun song I did for the heck of it. A flashback to the 1950s?
Some of you "old timers like me" will know where I got the idea for the song and the song title!

BiaB style - Night Rain MIDI Noir Jazz Swing
Tempo - 90 BPM

I deleted the bass and string tracks and modified the remaining tracks so they better fit the song.
Drums - Steven Slate's SSD-5 = Jazz Brushes.
Percussion - Kontakt - =Brio Ensemble
Piano - Arturia = B3 - Jazz Organ
Guitar - UVI Workstation = Plug Sound Pro - Jazz Guitar Full

I am playing my Squire P-Bass and via my breath and keyboard controllers the Swam alto flute. The finger snaps are wavs.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Temperature Rising - 04/06/24 04:44 PM
Hi, Mario.

Ha! I haven't heard alto (or bass flute) on a track for a long time. That "overblown" sound really well works.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Temperature Rising - 04/06/24 06:36 PM
I'm not an old timer so I have no idea of your idea. But somehow this reminded me of Henry Mancini type of jazz. Cool mood even when temperature is rising. The bass and snaps create mystery, the organ brings nice 60's feel and the alto flute adds excitement for the strange thing that is approaching. Clever stops, feels like that thing is stopping and checking that all entrances are clear.

Janne
Posted By: rsdean Re: Temperature Rising - 04/06/24 09:20 PM
Mario,

You always write the most interesting pieces of music. I love the flute & bass in this one. An excellent mix tops it off.

Great stuff!

Bob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Temperature Rising - 04/06/24 09:21 PM
Nice!!

Very experimental!!

smile
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 05:27 AM
Another really interesting original sound composition, Mario - like a musical poem. You have a unique creative flair. Positively weirdly, the second your track finished someone else's song auto-played and as it was the same tempo and pace I thought it was still yours and I thought, "What brilliant idea! Instead of having a song with an instrumental solo, why not have an instrumental with a vocal solo!" I wish I'd paused to find out what the following song was as it fit perfectly to yours.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 09:31 AM
Mario, great job! Think I've caught a fever now...

Like your open arrangement and the breath controller sounds really nice, again. All the BiaB instruments sound extra fine, and the bass really shines, of course. Another nice one!
Posted By: Izzy Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 01:19 PM
Hi Mario.
For this forum I'm working on a song to post and I am wonderering if it is ok not to use any biab real or midi tracks?
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 02:17 PM
Brought a smile to my face, Mario! Fir some reason it makes me think of Peter Sellars.

Dewey
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 03:52 PM
Nice one Mario, very creative.

I see a Pink Panther in this.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Temperature Rising - 04/07/24 06:58 PM
Mario,

Cool composition. Nice choices on sounds. Fresh.
Janne got it right with the Mancini comment... Movie theme!
One of your best.

fj
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 05:28 PM
A fever pitch for sure. What a terrific experiment with very intertaining results. A highly sucessful experiment. High temperature. Cool bass amd the whole picture you paint is full of musical asthetics. You even captured the sound of the reel to reel running out before the fade.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Mario.

Ha! I haven't heard alto (or bass flute) on a track for a long time. That "overblown" sound really well works.

Thanx David. I actually tried another flute sound but liked the alto the best. I'm glad you noticed and like the alto flute and the nuances I added.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by jannesan
I'm not an old timer so I have no idea of your idea. But somehow this reminded me of Henry Mancini type of jazz. Cool mood even when temperature is rising. The bass and snaps create mystery, the organ brings nice 60's feel and the alto flute adds excitement for the strange thing that is approaching. Clever stops, feels like that thing is stopping and checking that all entrances are clear.

Janne

Thanx so much for this very kind review Janne. My idea was from the Peggy Lee song "Fever". I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I really appreciated that Henry Mancini comment, that is a huge compliment so thank you very much.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Mario,

You always write the most interesting pieces of music. I love the flute & bass in this one. An excellent mix tops it off.

Great stuff!

Bob

Thanx so much Bob. I do like to experiment with different genres and BiaB is the reason that I can! I'm glad you noticed my bass as it is not my main instrument.

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Nice!!

Very experimental!!

smile

Thanx David. Yes I do like to go on new musical adventures.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mario,

Cool composition. Nice choices on sounds. Fresh.
Janne got it right with the Mancini comment... Movie theme!
One of your best.

fj

Thanx so much Floyd.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/09/24 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
A fever pitch for sure. What a terrific experiment with very intertaining results. A highly sucessful experiment. High temperature. Cool bass amd the whole picture you paint is full of musical asthetics. You even captured the sound of the reel to reel running out before the fade.

Yep, you got my idea for this song Marty. I'm glad that you, an expert bassist, liked my little bass parts! I never thought about the ending like that but you are correct!
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Temperature Rising - 04/10/24 08:58 AM
It's a bit reminiscent of film music. Inspector Mario leads the investigation.
Laurent
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Temperature Rising - 04/10/24 10:46 PM
I hear the "fever" influence. This is an awesome song. My new favorite!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 03:05 AM
HiMario,

To my ears, it sounds like a mix of early 50s pop and early 70s pop rock. But whatever else it is, is pretty darn original, creative, and a super listen. The nice thing about your posts is we never know what to expect, but we know it's going to be enjoyable.

Nice!!!

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by laurent4114
It's a bit reminiscent of film music. Inspector Mario leads the investigation.
Laurent

Thanx Laurent.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I hear the "fever" influence. This is an awesome song. My new favorite!

Thanx, I'm glad that you like it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Al-David
HiMario,

To my ears, it sounds like a mix of early 50s pop and early 70s pop rock. But whatever else it is, is pretty darn original, creative, and a super listen. The nice thing about your posts is we never know what to expect, but we know it's going to be enjoyable.

Nice!!!

Alan

Thanx Alan. I played in a wedding band for years thus I am a player of many genres but a master of none. Since I do not gig anymore I have carried that philosophy over to my BiaB songs. I am not afraid to try any genre and BiaB allows me to do so.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 02:45 PM
Hi Mario,

Something about the rhythm of the song reminded me of The Pink Panther, from the intro tune of Peter Sellers films.
You made it come back, but in your own creative way. Like f.i. that beautiful flute and the way it treats our/my ears.
And in a way it sounds timeless. Not specific the 50's or so. The Pink Panter was from a lot of years later too...
I really enjoyed it, because it is so nice.

Hans
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Mario,

Something about the rhythm of the song reminded me of The Pink Panther, from the intro tune of Peter Sellers films.
You made it come back, but in your own creative way. Like f.i. that beautiful flute and the way it treats our/my ears.
And in a way it sounds timeless. Not specific the 50's or so. The Pink Panter was from a lot of years later too...
I really enjoyed it, because it is so nice.

Hans

Thanx Hans. I really hadn't thought about the Pink Panther until it was brought up in this thread. "The Pink Panther was from a lot of years later too", I know as I am old!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 07:36 PM
Mario,
Cool "walking" composition. Yeah, definitely feverish. Fuzzy bass sounds great and ACE work on winds. Has a live club mix. Good one. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Mario,
Cool "walking" composition. Yeah, definitely feverish. Fuzzy bass sounds great and ACE work on winds. Has a live club mix. Good one. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Misha, thanx so much for this very kind review. I really like working with that breath and keyboard controllers. They opened a whole new world for me.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Temperature Rising - 04/11/24 11:59 PM
Of course I know where you come from (I'm an old timer) and still do not use a digital thermometer! well I do.
Great tune, I'll have to use that style!

Mike B.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Temperature Rising - 04/12/24 12:48 AM
Hi Mario.

Wow! You've managed to channel Henry Mancini 😱!!! Amazing! This is a great listen. The introduction immediately captured me and, as the song developed, I kept on smiling at the new layers you introduced. As always, creativity and musicianship stand tall and proud in everything you do.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening smile

All the very best,
--Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/12/24 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Of course I know where you come from (I'm an old timer) and still do not use a digital thermometer! well I do.
Great tune, I'll have to use that style!

Mike B.

Thanx Mike. I just hope that you are putting that digital thermometer into the right orphus grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Temperature Rising - 04/12/24 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Mario.

Wow! You've managed to channel Henry Mancini 😱!!! Amazing! This is a great listen. The introduction immediately captured me and, as the song developed, I kept on smiling at the new layers you introduced. As always, creativity and musicianship stand tall and proud in everything you do.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening smile

All the very best,
--Noel

Thanx Noel. I'm glad you like it.
© PG Music Forums