PG Music Home
Posted By: G McAllister Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/16/24 05:20 PM
Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas
https://soundcloud.com/user-227577634/tonight-in-every-honky-tonk-in-texas-2?si=c906073d71ae458c979e2a840f4f936c&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

BIAB BAND1.STY WESTERN SWING
DAW Reaper
Classic Western Swing
Written, Sung, Arranged, Mixed, and Recorded By
George McAllister (gmaque@aol..com)
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Posted By: firesong Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/16/24 09:46 PM
George...I love this...rarely do we get a Texas two-step on the forum...and this is fantastic...I'd bet your a fan of the Merle's (Travis and Haggard)...super mix and production...your voice was made for this style for sure...a well written and performed classic sounding song...a pleasure to listen to and hope to hear more of your music on the forum...Dan
Perfect, you captured the sound, smell, feel, of a old time country honkey tonk. Excellent use of Real Tracks, the fiddle, slide, it all sounds authentic, like it was recorded in 1962 in the Grand Old Opry. Your vocals, and lyrics work great with this song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/16/24 10:45 PM
Hi George.

This is excellent listening.
Western Swing is such an engaging feel, and you've created a great 2-step.
It's 9:00 a.m. here in Australia and you've really set the mood of the day for me!
I loved it.

--Noel
THANKS Dan
Yep, I love both Merle's, Hank Thompson, Asleep At The Wheel, and most anyone who does Western Swing.
I was raised on "Old Country" and I guess that's about all I know and understand.
I have some other songs that I posted years ago. If you can find them I hope you'll enjoy them.
Kind words and encouragement are most appreciated.
Stay Tuned
George
Thanks Elliott
Boy you have me nailed. I still live for the Opry and 1962 (might be a song in that).
Kind words are much appreciated.
Stay Tuned
George
Posted By: MarioD Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/16/24 11:35 PM
George, this is some of the best country swing that I have heard since Bob Willis.
Great backing band, lyrics, and vocal.
Super mix also.
Loved it.
Noel
If something I've written and recorded sets a good tone for someone's day, then I've accomplished what I set out to do.
I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and post such a kind reply.
AND all the way from Australia to Louisiana !!
I posted some other song a while back that I hope you might enjoy, if you can find them.
Stay Tuned
George
Mario
Man, your kind words sent chills up my back. That's about the best complement I've ever received.
MUCH APPRECIATED
There some other songs on here that I posted quite a while back. If you can find them, I hope you'll enjoy them also.
Stay Tuned
George
Very nice.

Especially liked the vocals, and the mix is excellent!

Welcome to the forum.

smile
A man after my own heart in music!! I grew up on western swing and country, with my dad playing the steel guitar. I love it!!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/17/24 09:37 AM
George, welcome back! Super tune, nicely arranged with BiaB, with slick production. Your vocals are SUPER, too! The Soundcloud pic has GOT to be on your album cover. All very fun to listen (and probably dance) to. Hope you stick around!
Thanks David. I appreciate your kind words and you taking time to listen.
Good Morning Ronnie. Thanks for listening and writing back. I love fiddles and steel guitars too. I've tried playing them, but they're way out of my league.
Good Morning DC. Good to be back. THANKS for listening and the kind words. That picture may wind up on an album cover one day. I have some others that I'll try to get posted soon. Thanks Again !
Howdy Mc....

Even though it's not a genre I'm familiar with I'm glad to echo all other favorable comments.
Very clean recording, good lyrics and mix.
Unlike my dull chain saw kind of vox you have very smooth, appealing voice.

Very well done!
Howdy
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Since it's not your normal genre I'm especially grateful that you took the time to listen and write.
Good words are always nice to hear.
George .... Great sound!! Really loved it. Such an authentic sound. That steel would make Buddy Emmons proud. Excellent fiddle, and you killed it with that vocal!

Brad
Hey Brad. Thanks man, that's pretty high praise, and I appreciate it. I've always loved Buddy Emmons. Can't miss with fiddles and steels.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/19/24 03:41 AM
Hi George,

My kinda music - just love that Western Swing and BIAB does it so well.

Good vocals and lyrics.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/19/24 01:29 PM
Outstanding, George. Man, this takes me back to my mom abd dad dancing in the kitchen. Excellent choice of instrumentation, and a good melody with the perfect vocal. Is that a pic of you --the one who looks like Sam Elliott's brother? Love the song!
Good Mornin' Marty. THANK YOU. If my song brought back good memories of your Mom and Dad, then I've accomplished what I set out to do. I really appreciate you listening and sharing your kind words. Yeah, that's me. I got the voice, Sam got the money.
Good Mornin' Nigel. Kind words from so far away, are much appreciated. I'm amazed that it's possible for that to happen. Music is certainly a universal language. Thank You for listening and taking time to write.
There are some old posts you might like, if you can find them.
More today.
George
Authentic sound and sung well. Could have been a big hit back in the day.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Tonight In Every Honky Tonk In Texas - 04/20/24 06:13 AM
Hi, George.

What they said - sounds great!

Love it!

The "yaw!" at the end was cool, too.
Hey David. Thanks Again. That little "YAW" at the end just popped out. Guess I was enjoying myself.
Good Morning. THANKS. I guess I always kinda keep one foot 'back in the day". Sure appreciate you listening and writing.
© PG Music Forums