PG Music Home
This is one of my older songs that I have created a track for, and forgot about it, till I discovered it the other day, and broke out my guitar to add to it.

https://on.soundcloud.com/JNSLyNa3ToBf7MAG7

Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind

Woke up this morning with Heaven on my mind,
needless to say, I was feeling mighty fine.
The sun was shining and the birds would sing,
then at twelve noon I heard some church bells ring,
I've got that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind.
Chorus:
I've got that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind,
it's a feeling that you can't explain, it's one of a kind.
People at the altar, hands raised in the air,
shouting and praising there's a spirit everywhere,

Satan is trembling cause he knows who's going to win,
he know he's lost when a new saint turns from sin.
he's starting to tremble, he's starting to quake,
we've got the devil in a bind.
With that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind.

it's a feeling that you can't explain, it's one of a kind.
People at the altar, hands raised in the air,
shouting and praising there's a spirit everywhere,

The track was created on a laptop that had crashed, so I can't tell what the Real track was,
Line 6 Variax Standard guitar,
Shure SM 58 mic
Tascam DP32SD recorder
Lexicon Alpha Interface
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Ronnie, this sounds great! Don't recall you pulling out a guitar solo before, but that turned out great, too! Very inspired, I enjoyed it.
Ronnie...a cooker!....love it ...I think that's the first time I've ever heard the word "apostolic" used in a song...and I've heard a lot of gospel songs in my life, trust me...it's a great word and you put it in a really nice song...was that you on the Variax? nice touch!...it sounds like you've attended an "apostolic Holy Ghost revival" a time or two...good song brother!
Yes that was me on the variax!!
Nice surprise, opening up the forum and hearing this. A little bit of Chicago Blues influence, for sure. After all, that is where it all began, isn't it?
Ronnie, this sounds great (I missed the G on soundcloud!)
Great vocal, lyrics and mix.
One of your best for sure!
Well done ... tambourine shaking time!

Nice performance on vocal and ax.

Enjoyed it,

J&B
Yep, fun changes and a cool melody. Vocals could be louder (or maybe my ears could be better). Man, your guitar fits in so well, adding an extra ton of excitement. Ronnie, I love the title and how cool it is to sing over your melody. A real tongue twister, but once it's untangled it flows off the tongue like an old prayer.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 04/26/24 03:01 AM
Hi, Ronnie.

Excellent work, as always. Toe-tapping goodness. smile

I used to have a Variax, but it was always a hassle to set up. I sold it to a friend, who gigged the heck out of it.
Posted By: rayc Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 04/27/24 07:57 AM
Love you voice n phrasing on this Ronnie...cool.
Groovy blues and a great mix. I'd love to know which Greek word gets translated into 'Ghost' as I always shy away from that and prefer 'Holy Spirit'.
A blues song I wrote in the 70s begins "I woke up this morning like they do in those other blues songs"! laugh
WaoBand, it's in the Bible in Acts chapter 1, verses 5 &8, Jesus himself refers to the Holy Ghost
Cool funky Blues song. Sounds like a gospel choir would love this one.
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
WaoBand, it's in the Bible in Acts chapter 1, verses 5 &8, Jesus himself refers to the Holy Ghost

Yes. I was interested in which word in Greek gets translated as 'ghost', but I looked it up and I now understand the difference between 'ghost' and 'spirit' translations. If one on has a visual experience of what I also call 'the active Power of God in the universe' based on my own experiences then the Greek word which translates into 'ghost' is as in the link below. While if one has an inner world experience as my experiences have been then the Greek word used is pneuma (breath) which is translated as spirit. I should have looked that up years ago as it's clarified the point for me, thus it makes sense that I should use Holy Spirit as my experiences since 1981 have all been inner world.
https://biblehub.com/greek/5326.htm
Posted By: dcuny Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind - 04/30/24 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by WaoBand
I'd love to know which Greek word gets translated into 'Ghost' as I always shy away from that and prefer 'Holy Spirit'.
Most people point to the King James translation for coining the title "Holy Ghost". It's avoided in current translations.

The Greek word pneuma ("spirit/Spirit", "breath" or "wind") is used. The Greek word for “ghost” is phantasma ("ghostly apparition"), and... isn't used when referring to the "Holy Spirit".

See: https://enloeministries.org/holy-spirit-or-holy-ghost-2/

Want to see it in context in the original Greek?

See: https://www.abarim-publications.com/Interlinear-New-Testament/Acts/Acts-1-parsed.html

That said, it's well understood that "Holy Ghost" is not to be referring to a "ghost". wink
Originally Posted by dcuny
Originally Posted by WaoBand
I'd love to know which Greek word gets translated into 'Ghost' as I always shy away from that and prefer 'Holy Spirit'.
Most people point to the King James translation for coining the title "Holy Ghost". It's avoided in current translations.

The Greek word pneuma ("spirit/Spirit", "breath" or "wind") is used. The Greek word for “ghost” is phantasma ("ghostly apparition"), and... isn't used when referring to the "Holy Spirit".

See: https://enloeministries.org/holy-spirit-or-holy-ghost-2/

Want to see it in context in the original Greek?

See: https://www.abarim-publications.com/Interlinear-New-Testament/Acts/Acts-1-parsed.html

That said, it's well understood that "Holy Ghost" is not to be referring to a "ghost". wink

Thanks David! Very interesting and educational.
Very groovy, I like where you're going...

The line "I've got that apostolic holy ghost revival state of mind" alone is worth listening to your song.
That's the cool stuff smile[Linked Image]
© PG Music Forums