PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance Country x2 - 08/10/10 05:17 AM
Two country songs. One ballad written by me and co-writer. One uptemp written by me. Both using BB/RB.
Listen here.
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: Country x2 - 08/10/10 10:46 AM
Hello Josie,

Two very different songs there equally well done! My personal preference is Colours Of Blue although both have been very well constructed with good use of the tools.... Excellent Job!
Thanks for posting them,

Kindest Regards,

Dave.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Country x2 - 08/10/10 08:50 PM
Josie,

Colors of Blue reminds me of a Trisha Yearwood type of Ballad. Sounds great to my ears !! I like the backing you put together as well. Everything came together quite nicely in the production.

You are a gifted songwriter and singer. I really liked it !!!

Trax
Posted By: MarioD Re: Country x2 - 08/15/10 12:19 AM
Hi Josie, I’m late to the party but man am I glad I came!

Great vocals and outstanding backing tracks. I really like your lyrics, SUPER job! Although both of these are worthy of airplay I personally liked Colors of Blue.

OUTSTANDING productions!
Posted By: Powderman Re: Country x2 - 08/16/10 12:39 AM
Josie,

Those are a couple of nice tunes. "I'm Moving On" has a great old time country feel to it. "Colors of Blue" has a little more modern sound. I certainly enjoyed them both. Mix and use of instruments are great - and mighty fine vocals - as always.

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Country x2 - 08/20/10 01:55 PM
Listening to Colors of blue. Beautiful is all I can say. Love the harmony. Only thing is I'd have added a turn around ending. Other than that it's perfect.

Enjoying "I'm Moving on" now. I like the style. I've always been a sucker for swing. Good job on both songs Josie.
Posted By: jim111 Re: Country x2 - 08/20/10 09:56 PM
Hi Josie,
Very good, as usual. My fave was "I'm Moving on", but both are top notch, and both demonstrate excellent use of the software in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Country x2 - 08/22/10 12:08 AM
very clever lyrics, Josie. I'm impressed.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Country x2 - 08/22/10 04:49 PM
Josie,

1st of all I am having a case of Deja vu or it could have been a senior moment, I understand they are very similar. I say this because I am thinking I heard Color of Blue from you earlier in the year, could this be possible? But either way if I did I, liked it then, and I like it now!

I agree with Russ on the turnaround of Color of Blue as it would enhance the ending. So maybe when you are doing it live you can add the turnaround with out too much trouble.

I am now listening to Moving On and I know I never heard this one before. The lyric shows some very clever writing on your part, of course it's a country swing and they get me every-time.

Nice work lady!
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: Country x2 - 08/26/10 07:52 PM
WOW! Great writing Josie. Both of these tracks could be produced into serious major productions. Movin On is seriously well written. My favorite movie of all times is Coal Miners Daughter. I watch it every other week it seems! LOL! I can't help feeling movin on would be a smash hit for LL. Or frankly anybody even currently. This is really what country is all about and when it's at it's best. I have a lot of traditional country tunes too. I find it such a shame that contemporary country has become disposable bubblegum crossover crap these days. It needs songs like this in the mix to keep it grounded. That's why despite everything, I keep writing traditional songs too. Please keep up this effort!

A+ !!

Dan
Posted By: Sundance Re: Country x2 - 08/28/10 04:22 AM
Dave, Trax, Mario, Powderman, Russ, Jim, Pat, Danny, and Dan. Thank you all for listening and the great comments! I value your opinions - especially when you like my songs LOL. Seriously, this is such a wonderful community with so many skilled helpful talented people who love making music. It's a good place to be.
© PG Music Forums