PG Music Home
Posted By: retake New song - For Who You Are - 08/20/10 08:40 PM
Here is a new song - For Who You Are. Any comments are appreciated. I hope y'all enjoy it.
http://www.box.net/shared/4tdlfcn0im

Thanks,
Steve
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/20/10 08:44 PM
I forgot to tell you that the female vocals are done by my daughter Lauren.

Steve
Posted By: occ Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 01:34 AM
Hey Steve!! This song is great. I like the melody and the lyrics. I don't hear many songs this good. Your daughter is is absolutely great. You really have a nice harmony. My daughter and I also sing together. We're not that far apart. I live near Shreveport,La. occ
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 05:28 AM
Steve and Lauren..
Very nice song! Great harmony, and I especially like the message of faith the song embodies.

I see the User Showcase as a way for people to get ideas about how to use this software. Your songs (as well as many others here on the forum) really provide good examples of how it can be used to create praise and worship music! Good job!

I expect this particular use of BIAB/RB to grow dramatically, since there are many churches in every town and they all have a need for music during the service. Thanks for letting your music serve as a testimony and a "joyful noise unto the Lord"
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 12:24 PM
Hi Steve & Lauren
I too enjoyed your song and message, your harmonys are awsome. I also live in your neck of the woods (Jonesboro).
Thanks for sharing and GOD bless
Brian
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 01:11 PM
Hi Steve and Lauren,

You've got my standing ovation. Your song is outstanding in every way. I can only repeat what others have said. Excellent song, excellent message and beautiful music. Your chorus reminded me of the song Fame in some ways. I think it was probably more the harmony that jogged my memory in this direction.

There's no doubt about it, you are both very talented musicians.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Powderman Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 01:40 PM
Hi Steve and Lauren,

That is certainly one to be proud of. Beautiful song in every way.

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 03:03 PM
Thank you guys for listening and for such great comments. I will pass them along to Lauren. It is amazing how you will see or hear something and God will inspire you to write a song about it. I love the flexibility that PG Music has given us to be able to create a full band to back us up. This song was first created in BIAB and sent to the instrumentalist to learn and then we did it live. However, I have done other songs with no backup other than BIAB instruments. When we sang this song at our church we put the words on the screen to allow the congregation to sing with us. Thanks again for your great comments.

Steve
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 03:20 PM
It has all been said so I'll just add my congrats on a wonderful song with a wonderful message, and what a sweet voice Lauren has. I too enjoyed this very much.

Later,
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 04:03 PM
Quote:

When we sang this song at our church we put the words on the screen to allow the congregation to sing with us.
Steve

another thing you might consider is making backing tracks of your songs freely available wherever you archive your songs. Many churches rely heavily on using such tracks for their special music presentations, and by making them downloadable it would open doors for your music that would not otherwise be available. Consider posting the sheet music too. It will help the music director get copies ready for all the musicians who will be performing your songs during the service.

(Seems to work pretty well for Paul Baloche... check out how he makes resources available to churches who use his songs: http://www.baloche.com/resources/songbook.html )
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 10:58 PM
Thank you. I did not think about making the tracks available. That will be something that I will definatly consider.

Steve
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/21/10 11:34 PM
speaking of which... PGMusic, if you aren't already making a specific effort to contact churches with announcements about your products, you should definitely be doing so.

1) Music has always been a big part of worship in most churches

2) every pastor knows which of his members are gifted musically, and they often try to cultivate musical participation among the congregation

3) just as many who don't necessarily want to go on mission trips will give so others can go, there are those in every congregation who would contribute toward instruments and software so that others can exercise their musical gifts

4) open any phone book to the yellow pages where churches are listed. Count the number of churches. Not only could ALL of them use your products, there are probably MANY people from each church who would be potential customers. And if even ONE of them starts developing songs in BIAB/RB, they'll eventually want to collaborate, so they'll all need the same software

5) this is a demographic that tends to evangelize what they love, if you catch my drift

6) it's also a demographic that would be biased toward actually paying for the software rather than trying to pirate it.

7) in the previous post, go to the Paul Baloche site and watch some of the videos. Church music ain't what it used to be. The advent of multi-media projectors and congregation involvement has dramatically changed the way music is integrated into many services. IMHO, the music that many churches are now playing is a perfect fit for BIAB/RB. In fact if you look at the lead sheets for his songs, it looks like he could have made them with BIAB
Posted By: enjfb Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/22/10 09:36 AM
Hi Steve and Lauren,
A very nice song - well performed with good harmonies. Well done.

Jim
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/22/10 08:46 PM
Pat, you are so right. I have thought about in the past doing a complete set of hymns and praise songs that flow together one after the other on background tracks and lead the congregation in them. But I have not done that yet. BIAB/RT would fit most any song done in the churches today.

Jim, thanks for listening and for your comments.

Steve
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/25/10 02:01 AM
You both are very talented. Great song, great lyric & message. Sounded great here !! Way to go.

Trax
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/25/10 09:17 PM
Thank you Trax.

I read some the post to my daughter and I think she turned a little red. She really appreciates everyones comments as well as I.

Steve
Posted By: tributeman Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/27/10 02:37 PM
Hi Steve,Nice song.I would have liked the piano playing solo until the hook because for me anyway it would have given much more meaning to the lyric before everything was lifted up with you and your daughter singing harmony (she has a very nice voice by the way) Hope you dont mind my constructive input on this Cheers Frankie
Posted By: retake Re: New song - For Who You Are - 08/30/10 01:38 PM
Tributeman,

I agree. I would have liked it as well. However the piano parts seemed to become a little muddy is some areas. Even after adjusting the midi roll. That was one of the reasons that I faded the pianos down like I did after the other instruments started. Thanks for the comment. I have been listening to some of the real piano demos which I like a lot. I am hoping to write something with that someday.

Steve
© PG Music Forums