PG Music Home
great song and lyrics I can hear some country singers recording this.One line I think you might change Instead of "I need a warm heart to hold" maybe think about "I need two strong arms to hold"Just a thought Cheers Frankie
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/12/10 03:22 PM
Hey Frankie....thanks for your nice comments. Glad you enjoyed the song. I think your line would work for a female singer. For a guy...hmmmm?? OK...not going there.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
That's a hit song if ever I heard one!
Very, very nice.
Good lyrics, good vocals, nice musical movement.
The modulation into the bridge is very tasty.

Mick
Posted By: mglinert Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/12/10 07:26 PM
A very accomplished piece in every way, Bob. Superbly played and sung.

(BTW, and only because I can tell you're a perfectionist, it’s ‘deceiving’ - l4)
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/12/10 07:35 PM
Hey, Mick...thank you! I know it was a hit with Tasha! Now if I could find someone huge to cover it. Maybe this one should go to TAXI.com just for fun. The bridge was an afterthought and ended up being my favorite part, esp. the twin guitars.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/12/10 07:41 PM
Hey Marc....I always find those speel chickers deseptiveley diffikult to manuever. Ya know?
Thanks for listening and your wonderful comments.

Bob
[q] Maybe this one should go to TAXI.com just for fun.[/q]
If you're a member of Taxi, I would definitely send it.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/13/10 05:57 PM
Wow!
Great lyrics, great tune, well put together, and very well performed. Congratulations.
Bob,

Well Dude another very nicely produced song. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion your also a very fine songwriter.
I can tell your putting a lot of thought into the structure & lyrics in your songs, I can appreciate that as I try to do the same.
The little short auxilary chorus thing towards the end is a nice touch.

I'm in love with the tremoloy guitar tone! .... Yea I know, you are too!!

Anyway, Great Job.

Greg
Hi Bob,

What a great song. Country as it should be.

I love it all - style, sound, production, vocal, lyrics.....just a lovely piece of work.

I love the sound of your vocal - could you tell me how you go about recording your vocals. I'd love to get mine to sound like that. Though my voice isn't quite to your standard!!

Can't wait to hear more.

All the best

Martin
Posted By: gibson Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/14/10 10:18 AM
Wow, that's nice.
Cant think of anything else to say, as I press replay for the 2nd time.
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/14/10 01:08 PM
Quote:

Wow!
Great lyrics, great tune, well put together, and very well performed. Congratulations.

Hi Chris...thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/14/10 01:21 PM
Quote:

The little short auxilary chorus thing towards the end is a nice touch.

I'm in love with the tremoloy guitar tone! .... Yea I know, you are too!!

Anyway, Great Job.

Greg

YEA...I know! That tremolo sound is addictive. I'm hopelessly hooked. One thing I found that really makes the tremolo sound stand out is to set the depth to max and set the speed to match the tempo of the song. This usually requires a Tremolo pedal for sufficient control. But the results are so cool. If you get speed set just right, you don't hear the picking, just the sound of the notes as they swell. Check it out. That auxilary chorus bridge thing is a perfect example of BIAB presenting you with an idea you hadn't thought of. There was some little musical thing in the BIAB tracks that suggested that dual guitar harmony thing. I just ran with it. So cool.

BTW...ever get over to the front range? We had a Northern Colorado Songwriter's Circle "working session" last night at Seldom Fed recording studios and played around with BIAB 2010.5. A lot of members had never used the program, and those that had used it, had not experienced the cool additions of RT/RD. Everyone was blown away at what can be done with the program. I'm sure they all went home and downloaded a copy. Anyway, if you'd ever like to attend let me know.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/14/10 01:30 PM
Quote:

I love the sound of your vocal - could you tell me how you go about recording your vocals. I'd love to get mine to sound like that. Though my voice isn't quite to your standard!!

Can't wait to hear more.

All the best

Martin

Hi Martin...thank you so much. As for the vocal, I have to tell you, it's probably the least "produced" vocal I ever laid down. No front end compression or effects of any kind. I just sang the vocal into a Rode NTK mic and added a slight amount of reverb in Sonar Producer. I try to get the most saturated signal (without clipping) that I can when recording. Let the mic do it's thing...and your voice. Even though I've been singing for a really long time, some of it professionally, I decided I should get some voice lessons. Well...I can't believe what it did for my singing and the sound of my voice. My teacher had worked at Julliard in NYC and was very adept and analyzing my voice and expanding my range. Taught me how to breathe and enunciate. And it didn't take years. A few months actually. So now I'm a huge fan of voice training. Best of luck with your music.

Thanks for listening,
Bob
Posted By: Buford Re: New Orig. Song: "A Soft Place To Land" - 09/14/10 01:34 PM
Quote:

Wow, that's nice.
Cant think of anything else to say, as I press replay for the 2nd time.

Hey Alyn...thank you so much. Glad you're enjoying it!!

Thanks for listening
Bob

BTW...the URL to your site in your profile has a typo that keeps it from loading. I figured it out and had a look and listen. Great stuff in there. Keep 'em coming.
© PG Music Forums