PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Still Not There Yet with Original Material - 09/18/10 09:38 PM
...maybe some day, but for now I am still learning, hence the significant educational benefits of BIAB/RB with RTs. So with that lead in, here, and strictly for educational purposes, is my recent "project". Inspired by another member who perfomer this in the recent past.

It's all BIAB (no midi, all RTs) to start to layout the chords and arrangement, then RB to adjust the soloists (where they come in and where they go out), then drag and drop to Reaper for adding my vocals and guitar and the final mix.

Since I Fell For You
Hi Dan,

Very nice! I thoroughly enjoyed the listening experience. By the way, given that copyright laws cover works up until 70 years after the death of the composer (it gets a bit more complicated if the song is written by multiple people), any song written by someone who died on or before 1939 is now potentially in public domain and can be freely used. With this in mind, along with Google as your research companion, you should be able to find some good, public domain songs to work with. There'd be no problem in posting those at all.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Jazzmandan,

I have only two words for this song LOVED IT.

BiaB can be a fantastic tool when doing the old standards can’t it?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Still Not There Yet with Original Material - 09/19/10 11:59 AM
Quote:

Hi Dan,

Very nice! I thoroughly enjoyed the listening experience. By the way, given that copyright laws cover works up until 70 years after the death of the composer (it gets a bit more complicated if the song is written by multiple people), any song written by someone who died on or before 1939 is now potentially in public domain and can be freely used. With this in mind, along with Google as your research companion, you should be able to find some good, public domain songs to work with. There'd be no problem in posting those at all.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks for the listen Noel, I appreciate the kind works,

btw -"..Since I Fell for You, was composed by Buddy Johnson (January 10, 1915 – February 9, 1977) in 1945. Which keeps copyright over this until 2047. I will be 94 in 2047. If I can play this then, that will be some party.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Still Not There Yet with Original Material - 09/19/10 12:04 PM
Quote:

Hi Jazzmandan,

I have only two words for this song LOVED IT.

BiaB can be a fantastic tool when doing the old standards can’t it?

Thanks much Mario - you are always a great audience , and yes indeed for those of us who love this genre, BIAB is a dream come true.
Dan,

Here's a great site! It's a list of public domain songs. While some of the songs are pretty obscure, there are a couple of surprises in the list, too.

http://www.pdinfo.com/

Regards,
noel
Quote:

The songs must be originals, no copyrighted or "cover" songs. You must have all of the rights to the songs.

I think this is really nice Dan, but it's not an original work. Far be it from me to be the cops here, but the rules are clearly stated. I would LOVE to post covers myself too. So many wonderful songs to sing and play. I'm a jazz guitarist too and I just recorded some Wes Montgumery tunes. I'd love to post them but...oh well.

I super highly encourage you to write orginal instrumental works. I only suggest instrumental works because they can be much easier to create, minus writing lyrics. Biab is beyond amazing for that and I know you have it in you!

Nice guitar work and sound.

Dan
© PG Music Forums