PG Music Home
Posted By: The harpster New Original tune - 12/31/10 02:10 AM
"Whiskey, Soda, and the Blues". feature=landingpage#!/catsjammers
Written by "Mickey Van Gelder" a solo guitar/vocalist. I first came across this tune on Reverb Nation a while back and asked Mick if I could use it, and with his blessing, and with a little differant arragment from the original this is the results. http://www.reverbnation.com/main/overview_artist?feature=landingpage#!/catsjammers
I don't have a good recording program. I know there is a lot of recording defects here, but as an amature musician (Harmonica) and novice sound engineer, I would like your input.
Thanks,
Walt
Oh, by the way, I just bought the 2011 upgrade and excited to get it going...!
Posted By: D. Tuna Re: New Original tune - 01/03/11 06:32 AM
Good tune...me likes!

Here's my input. Don't put any importance on it!

I think it would be a great tune kicking it in the pants so to speak and making it swing like an "Asleep at the Wheel" tune. Anyway that's what I hear while you're singing it.

Recording wise, well if you can identify the defects, you're off to a good start. Instead of "directing" you a better approach IMO is for you to ask direct questions to what you've identified as a good starting point, then apply that and move forward.

Since there's no specifically devoted recording clinic forum here I guess OffTopic might be as good a place as any.
© PG Music Forums