PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/03/11 02:59 AM
I am in the 2nd day of the FAWM songwriting challenge. Here is my home page. The songs are linked to my reverbnation account. I began using My Space but the Reverbnation is a little more viewer friendly, as you can post a link to the individual songs. I hope you will give them a listen and let me know what you think.

My FAWM Home Page
Posted By: Noel96 Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/03/11 06:59 AM
Hi Robert,

I'll do my best to keep up-to-date with what you compose.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/03/11 12:28 PM
Robert, good luck with this - I'm sure you will do great! I'll also be checking your new songs as they come online.

Bob
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/04/11 02:21 AM
Here is song #3 in the FAWM Challenge it is called Life. It is me on the flat top and vocal only.

Life
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/05/11 02:31 AM
Here is song # 4 in the FAWM songwriting challenge. It is called What He Did For Me. there is also a link to my fawm homepage so you can stop by and catch up on any you have missed. Thanks.

What He Did For Me

Roberts FAWM
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/05/11 10:30 PM
Song # 5 is complete. It is a challenge song. The challenge was to write a song and talk about nothing. Here is my song.

Nothing

Roberts FAWM
Posted By: retake Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/07/11 05:03 PM
Robert, I really like the first two songs.

Steve
Posted By: PRearden Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/08/11 01:03 AM
I could never do this. Good luck.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/08/11 03:19 AM
Song # six is up it is called God is Faithful and True. It is 6:31 long. Grab a sandwich and sit down in front of the computer and stay awhile, ha, ha. If you have time give it a listen. The vocal is rough, I will try to put a better vocal on tomorrow. Can't promise anything though. Here is a link to it.

God is Faithful and True

Roberts FAWM
Posted By: Sundance Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/08/11 03:51 AM
Robert,

You are on fire!

I thought about trying it but I'm too slow and chicken. One of these days...maybe...if I can get up the nerve. LOL.

So far you've some great ideas going. I'll wait until it's over and you pick your keepers with your final mixes to comment on anything specific.

It's so cool watching your progress.

Go brother!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/08/11 03:08 PM
You are very talented I am sure you could do it. The thing is you can just put a rough draft of the song on the site, you can also just put the lyrics if you choose. My goal was to write the lyrics on the odd days and then put to BIAB the next. It has just worked out to where I was able to complete them in a day. That way I get a little cushion if needed. I think that it helped that I signed up about a week before, so I thought about the process I was going to use beforehand. So by the time the day came I was not wasting it trying to figure out what method I would use. I had my pad and pen and most importantly BIAB. You ought to give it a try next year!

My Music
Read My Blog
My Reverbnation
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/09/11 09:05 PM
Song #7 is done. I am half way there. Here is a link to check it out. It is called Praise.

Praise

Roberts FAWM
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/10/11 08:27 PM
Here is #8 in the 14 song challenge. It is called It Is True. Hope you enjoy it let me know what you think.

It Is True
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/12/11 08:52 PM
Here is a link to song # 9.

Thank You Lord For The Life You Gave To Me]
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/15/11 09:49 PM
Song # 10 is a tribute to Elvis Presley. I hope you like it.

Elvis' Shoes
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/16/11 09:07 PM
Very nice, I had a listen to the first and last tune on the list, well written and performed in my opinion. Best of luck with it!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/18/11 02:48 AM
Here is song # 11 in the FAWM Challenge. Lord Give Me These 3 Things.

Lord Give Me These 3 Things
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/19/11 11:15 PM
Here is song #12 in the FAWM Songwriting Challenge.

Wake Up America
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/22/11 12:31 AM
Here is song #13 in the FAWM Challenge. Biab has been an excellent tool in this. Here is the link

Saving Grace
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: My FAWM Songwriting Challenge - 02/23/11 04:32 AM
I have done it! 14 songs in 22 days. Here is # 14.

Was It Easy

While you are there check out all 14. A couple I have to re-sing, due to some pitch problems. My voice went south on me for a few days I hope you will enjoy them though.
© PG Music Forums