PG Music Home
Hello,

I am a newcomer to this forum. I was browsing through and was impressed by all the good music and community of PGmusic enthusiasts who encourage each other and offer constructive support.

I am a Powertracks Pro Audio user and enthusiast, so all tracks are my own, except the drum track was constructed from midi clips using EZdrummer. The effects are from Ozone 4. I'd certainly welcome any comments or suggestions!

Music and Lyrics at the link below. It's called "After All These Years"

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=8480711

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mike Sabatella
Hi Mike,

When I saw your title I thought, uh oh, because that hook has been used in several hugely successful songs - which is fine to do - but when you do it your new song has to stack up to all those others the listener may already know. You really pulled it off.

WOW. This is beautiful. Great arrangement - liked the way you did the harmonies and the ending was really nice too. The chorus was especially impressive. There's really nothing I didn't like about this except maybe one choice of rhyme in the first verse and that's so insignficant and subjective it doesn't even matter at all.

What can I say. Well written, well arranged, well played, well sung, and contemporary! One of the best songs I've heard on here. Great job!

Thanks for sharing. Love it.
..er what Josie said!
A great piece of work. I love the incredible feeling of space you have in the mix. Great song, superbly sung, recorded and mixed!
Oh, and how did you master it that loud without a smidgeon of artifacts?

John
Mike, everything has already been said. This is a really beautiful song and performance - love everything about it - great job.
Josie,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I do struggle with lyrics and rhymes...hardest part of songwriting for me. Thanks for the feedback.

Mike
John, thanks for the feedback. I really like Izotope Ozone 4 for mastering. - Mike
Bob, thanks for the encouragement. - Mike
Hello Mike,
Welcome to the forum. I really enjoyed the song. Good arrangement and mixing. My only tip would be to add a small touch of reverb to give the music a little more space, IMHO. Very good work.
Marty
Welcome Mike,

It's all been said!

I will add outstanding lyrics also!

I like it just as it is.
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums.

What a terrific song! The chord progression, your singing, the arrangement all pulled me into the mix right from the start and you kept me involved and entertained right until that unusual, but highly effective, ending chord. You've sure got Powertracks Pro Audio working on a highly professional level. It's definitely an enthusiastic A+ from me.

More, more

Regards,
Noel
Marty, thanks for the tip. I probably am overly cautious not to overdo it on effects. Glad to hear there's room for some here. - Mike
MarioD, thanks for your comment about the lyrics. As a friend of mine points out about songwriting - you've got to have something to say. - Mike
Noel, thanks so much for the encouragement... - Mike
Sweet and sentimental (in a good way).
© PG Music Forums