PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/21/11 07:51 PM
It was Saturday night and I’m alone in the studio so it’s time for another quick and dirty jam. This one is a jazz blues jam called Saturday Night After Hours Jam .

This started in BiaB using the mudyslow style then morphed into this. The only BiaB track left is the drum track and that has been slightly modified.

I hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/21/11 10:05 PM
Mario, nice sound and jam. I really like the space you put between the instruments in the mix - sounds very smooth and has a great live feel. I really enjoyed this.

Bob
Posted By: occ Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/21/11 10:16 PM
Really enjoyed this one Mario!! The Bass was really good. what was used for bass? occ
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/21/11 10:47 PM
Thanx Bob for the kind review.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/21/11 10:50 PM
Thanx a mint occ!

I actually played the bass on this one. It’s an inexpensive Squire P-Bass that I ran through a Behringer V-Amp Pro using a preset I made called P-Bass, i.e. not very original in my naming scheme am I. Thanx for the compliment!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/22/11 12:54 PM
Very nice! So, are you playing all the instruments on this except the drums? All the parts sounded great to these ears, nice mix too.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/22/11 02:26 PM
Thanx Dave for the very kind words.

Yes, I’m playing all of the instruments except the drums. As I mentioned to occ I played the bass. The guitar is my Kramer NightRider through a V-Amp Pro amp modeler. The B3 sound is from NI’s B4II that was played via my midi guitar controller and the sax is from my wind controller.

Thanx for listening.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/22/11 05:09 PM
Cool Mario. You're a wonderful player. To me, this could also make a good soundtrack for a movie or tv.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/23/11 04:13 PM
Thanx Josie for listening and the very kind review.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/23/11 05:23 PM
Just listened over my ol' IPOD TOUCH...very "solid"!! ...POTATO SOLID, my multi-instrumentalist!
Posted By: Powderman Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/27/11 01:14 PM
Groovin'

Enjoyed it a bunch
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 02/27/11 02:25 PM
My toes are tappin', my head & back are swayin'.
Nice groove!
Posted By: PeteG Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 03/01/11 05:27 PM
Amazing that you can play so many instruments so well. The virtual sax is coming along nicely.
Very pro with the arrangement and mixing. Nice ending on the drums. Only wish I didn't have to download
this and dig it out to play it?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 03/03/11 10:37 AM
Hi Mario,

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm really glad I stopped by for a listen. This is FANTASTIC! Incredibly skillful playing on all those instruments and a really tight mix. Totally radio ready in my opinion. I'm just about hit replay again

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Night After Hours Jam - 03/03/11 02:36 PM
Thanx all for listening and the very kind words.

Pete – You shouldn’t have to DL to listen to it. When I log on to Kara-Moon and click on a MP3 I see a window with both a save and open option. I click on open and it plays via MS Media Player. If you are using a Mac then you may see something different, don’t know.
© PG Music Forums