PG Music Home
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Desert Sun - 03/04/11 03:38 PM
Desert Sun
is an instrumental, all MIDI. I know instrumentals may not be that interesting to listen to, anyhow I would appreciate any comments you may have regarding to mixing, mastering, choice of instruments, panning etc.

Thanks

brgJan
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Desert Sun - 03/04/11 08:20 PM
Jan,

I liked this. It didn't really seem like it was all midi to me. I thought the mix, panning, etc were good except it seems a little weak on the low end. I have a sub on my system and I still thought the bass could be a little more present in the mix.

Nice Job,

Greg
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Desert Sun - 03/04/11 10:01 PM
Nice song. Nice mix. Sounds like it would be a good movie soundtrack.

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: Desert Sun - 03/05/11 09:28 AM
Thank´you Greg and PGF, appreciate your comments.
I'm not sure why I named this instrumental 'Desert Sun'. I mean from where I come come we seldom see the sun, and certainly we do not have deserts ;-). Must have been a Western I've seen some time, maybe John Wayne chasing the bad guys.

JanR
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Desert Sun - 03/05/11 11:26 AM
Hi Jan,

This is really good. I'm very impressed with what you have done with the MIDI. To my ears, the only thing that sounded MIDI'ish were the drums (but even then because they are in the background, they don't really stand out.) Have you tried using a Realdrum track? I have a feeling that it could lift the music up a notch or two. Also, as Greg has mentioned, I'd bring the bass up a little more.

Hope these thoughts are useful to you. It's a wonderful composition and arrangement.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Desert Sun - 03/05/11 06:12 PM
Quote:

Desert Sun
is an instrumental, all MIDI. I know instrumentals may not be that interesting to listen to, anyhow I would appreciate any comments you may have regarding to mixing, mastering, choice of instruments, panning etc.

Thanks

brgJan

Hi this is a really good song,and i could see this or hear this being a nice soundtrack for a film,very good tune ,im not really good at saying if it is mixed well,but sure sounds good,Brian.
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: Desert Sun - 03/06/11 11:31 AM
Noel, Brian. Thank you for your feed back.
The only percussion on this is bongos and a tambourine, Noel you may be right,and I will test it with a RD track.
Appreciate your comments.

JanR
© PG Music Forums