PG Music Home
Posted By: musiclover Lennon tribute song - 04/14/11 09:09 PM
Hi folks,

Just posted a John Lennon trubute song over on youtube that I have put together over the last few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/donegaljoe

Maybe if you have the time you will have a listen.

thanks

Musiclover
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/15/11 12:28 AM
Nice song. Video plays along with it well!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: Sundance Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/15/11 01:14 AM
Heartfelt and enjoyed all the pics. "the music lives on" Nice work.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/15/11 01:49 AM
Very, very nice. Extremely touching...

Bob
Posted By: gibson Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/15/11 09:35 AM
nice song, makes you think tho' 30 years!
thanks for sharing
Posted By: musiclover Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/15/11 11:36 AM
Thanks for listening and the encouragement. Still a novice at this recording lark so thanks to everyone on the pg forums for pointing me in the right direction, feel free to point out how I may inprove any stuff I post.

I have biab 2011 ultra pak but felt that just a guitar playing on this song would do ok. I recorded in cubase though could have used realband. I used the toontrack ezmix plugin on both the guitar and vocal. Its a great all in one plugin and thanks to Skyline for mentioning it in one of the forums last year. I just put ozone 4 mastering software in the stereo out and picked one of its presets seems to have lifted the song a bit. Fot the video I used Muvee autoproducer just load the pics and it does everything automatically, probably spent only 5 mins on it.

The inspiration I got for this song was wondering if famous people who meet an timely end would have given it all up to live an ordinary "nowhere man" life if they could have had an inkling of what was to come.
Lennon was a great songwriter and entertainer but some of the things he did like posing nude and the bedin make me wonder did he do it for publicity purposes or he felt he was contributing to peace and art.

I guess we will never know now.

thanks again

Musiclover
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/16/11 08:08 AM
Hi music lover my heart sinks when i think of Johns death ,i was, and still am a huge fan of the Beatles ,no greater band ever lived or played ,i never got to see the Beatles live ,but saw Paul and his band play at the Albert docks 1991/92 on his world tour ,i have never seen any thing that would touch me so much ,the tribute that Paul did for his best mate John ,had half of Liverpool in tears ,including Paul,i must have wept an ocean that night ,and I'm no girly lol ,it is wonderful that you have done a brilliant tribute for John ,and you have done not only John but all Beatle lovers proud ,congratulations my dear friend ,and very best wishes from a Beatle lover Brian.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Lennon tribute song - 04/17/11 11:56 PM
Hi Musiclover,

Nice tribute to one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. Thanks for sharing it.

Steve
© PG Music Forums