PG Music Home
Hi All,
I have a new song called Eternity
I am experimenting with horns so be gentle.
Here it is: Eternity

RealTracks used in song:

Bass - 902 Bass Electric, Smooth Cool Sw 16 075
Drums - Nashville Even 8^2-Side Stick, Hi Hat
Piano - 106 Piano Acoustic Solo Accompaniment, Pop C
Guitar - 362 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
Synth - 1265 Synth Pad, Pop Shining Soft Ev 120
Trombone - 492 Trombone, Jazz Ballad Sw 085
NOTE: Used Audio Harmony on Trombone (2 up just to see if it works)
Sax - 404 Sax, Tenor, Hip Hop Rock Sw 100

Lyrics
When I see you my heart beats
Faster every time
I love you in the morning
And the evening time

As the light shines all around you
I can see your smile
Your friendship your kindness
Comforts me a while

When times get hard
You are there with me
You touch my soul
For all eternity

Now I know that you don't think so
Your just shy and sweet
Let me tell you I love you
With you I am complete

Instrumental

When times get hard
You are there with me
You touch my soul
For all eternity

Now I know that you don't think so
Your just shy and sweet
Let me tell you I love you
With you I am complete
Posted By: MarioD Re: Eternity - New song with Horns - Michee - 05/24/11 02:11 PM
Very nice work here George! I especially like the mix, very well done. Like all of your songs thus far this sounds like it was recorded and mastered in a professional studio!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Eternity - New song with Horns - Michee - 05/25/11 01:02 AM
Hey Michee,

I like the slow dance romantic feel. And the horns are a nice touch but to me just a little too much of them. I think if you editted them a bit more they might be more impactful - jmho. Good experimenting.
Hi Mario,

Thank you for taking a listen and your very nice comments.

Best regards
George
Hi Josie,

Thanks for taking a listen and your comments.

As I am just experimenting and playing around with the horns in this song its good to get a different pair of ears to listen and tell it how it is.

I wish that I could play the Sax (for example) so I could feel the time to play and also feel the time to rest.
Maybe (if my health improves) I may seek lessons to just do that.

Thanks again Josie as I value your comments.

Best regards
George
Very nice production work. Excellent song! Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Hi PgFantastic,

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

I appreciate it very much.

Best regards
George
Hey George

I think this is the best I have ever heard your voice sound - cleaner, more present, way less "space", more intimate. I'm not sure how I feel about the horns - I know they don't overpower my hearing, but then again they are not really anything I use in the music I play. Interesting to note that a well-known Canadian group called Blue Rodeo . . . yes country . . . actually did an album with horns. The title I cannot recall but it was at least 4 years ago - perhaps you might scan the web to see how they handled the horns with their instrumentation.

Continued good work from you my lad.

Ian
Thanks George! Really enjoyed that, and clever idea with the audio-harmony trombones.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for taking a listen

What do you think of my idea of having horns as a harmony group? say Sax Trumpet and trombone playing together.

Is there any merit to that idea? or is it difficult to attain?

I have placed a wish in the wishlist.

Best regards
George
Posted By: rsdean Re: Eternity - New song with Horns - Michee - 05/27/11 01:33 AM
George,

This is excellent - really enjoyed it all around. Great job.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking a listen and for your nice comments.

As you know it is very much appreciated.

Best regards
George
George,

Really nice job on this. I agree with Josie. I like the horns. But maybe just a little too much of them. Great job on the mix! Keep up the good work!

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Eternity - New song with Horns - Michee - 05/28/11 04:37 AM
Hi Michee,

My goodness! What an opening. The very first thought that sprang to mind was "Wow! I love it!". You've really raised the bar on this one. I can't believe how different it sounds from your material a few months ago. I've got to say that I'm definitely a fan of your singing without the doubling.

I'm real glad that I stopped by for the listen.

All the best,
Noel
Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting.

I can't make my mind up about the horns.
I have a love hate relationship with them in this song.
If only I had knowledge of how a horn player would play along to someone singing (I know I could listen to lots of different songs to help me garnish some idea on how to go about it) but I think I would have a better understanding if I played horns myself.

Best regards
George
Hi Noel,

Good to hear from you again.

Thanks for the nice comments.

I have purchased some more patches for the EZmix (I use it in Reaper) and they make a difference to the vocal.

Best regards
George
© PG Music Forums