PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - When I Think About You - 05/30/11 03:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is my latest, called When I Think About You. All the instruments are RT/RD, with the addition of some organ and cowbell that I added. I hope you enjoy it!

When I Think About You

(Okay, you guys asked for it...
When I Think About You - Cowbell Remix )

Here are the lyrics...

WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU
WORDS AND MUSIC, COPYRIGHT STEPHEN W. YOUNG

WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU
MY HEART STARTS RACING AND IT WON'T STOP
IT FEELS SO GOOD
IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME
NOW MY HEART IS ON FIRE
IT'S HOTTER THAN A SUMMER TIME BLACKTOP
I KEEP THINKING 'BOUT YOU
YOU'RE ALWAYS ON MY MIND

AND WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU
I CAN'T HELP IT
'CAUSE EVERYTHING YOU DO
JUST MAKES ME WANT TO THINK ABOUT YOU

WHEN I THINK ABOUT ALL
THE THINGS WE'VE DONE TOGETHER
WHEN I THINK ABOUT ALL
THE GOOD TIMES WE HAVE SEEN
I REMEMBER THE DAY
WE SAID THIS IS FOREVER
I REMEMBER THE DAY
I KNEW THAT YOU WERE MINE

AND WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU
I CAN'T HELP IT
'CAUSE EVERYTHING YOU DO
JUST MAKES ME WANT TO THINK ABOUT YOU

--
Here is the BIAB information...

Style is _POPPNOF.STY
Style Instruments are :
RealTracks in song: :Bass, Electric, BritInvasion Ev 140
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningGritty Ev 120
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockHighOffbeat Ev 165
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRock8ths Ev 120
RealTracks in song: :Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockUpbeatBrent Ev 140
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^7-HiHat

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Steve
Posted By: occ Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/30/11 04:44 PM
Hey Steve! This is you best to date I think. I like all your music but this one sounded more professional. Everything is clear and well mixed. Keep it up! occ
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/30/11 04:45 PM
Another bravo for a job well done. Excellent production. Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/30/11 08:41 PM
Nice - pure pop.
Posted By: Daisy Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/31/11 01:02 AM
Nice job, Steve... very catchy, what pop should be.

But....... MORE COWBELL!!!

Daisy
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/31/11 01:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBD1KUz2RA

Steve- this one is just great man. Don't touch a thing. Done, and done'r! Over and out! Right on the money!

Dan
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/31/11 03:20 AM
OCC,

Thanks so much! I am glad you like it. I truly appreciate your time and generous comments!

Robert,

Once again, thanks! Your words are always appreciated.

David,

Again, thank you so much!

Daisy,

Thanks very much for your kind words! Check the original post again, I have posted your cowbell version!

Dan,

I really appreciate your comments! But I did have to do a remix for you and Daisy.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day!

Steve
Posted By: George Nelson Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/31/11 07:17 AM
Hi Steve,

Love the song...You have a great way of combining the correct RealTracks for your songs.

Now I have to comment on the vocal...

I was expecting to hear the echo in the 2nd line of the first verse to be activated throughout the song at the appropriate places but I can't hear it.

Just saying...

Best regards
George
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 05/31/11 10:56 AM
Steve,

This is a great song! I love everything about it - outstanding job!

Bob
Posted By: Powderman Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/01/11 12:19 AM
Steve,

Bravo - great job all the way around. A real toe tapper.

Rich
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/01/11 01:06 AM
George,

Thanks so much for your comments! You didn't here the echo because it wasn't there. I toyed with the idea of placing it throughout the song, but made a decision to only use it once. Totally subjective, but I thought I would be risking making it a little cheesy to overdo it. But then, I could be wrong. Thanks again!

Bob,

Thank you very much! I always appreciate your time and thoughts!

Rich,

Again, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Always appreciated!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Steve
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/01/11 07:25 AM
Nicely put together Steve! A cracking pop song, very well engineered also.
Thanks!

John
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/01/11 11:04 PM
John,

Thanks so much! Your time and input is very much appreciated!

Steve
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/02/11 06:34 AM
Hey ditto on what everybody else has already said.
I thought it was great too!

Greg
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/02/11 06:41 AM
Hi Greg,

Thanks so much! Glad you like it. As always, I truly appreciate your time and comments!

Steve
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/02/11 02:47 PM
There is no way this isn't a country hit . . . OK Pop-Country!
Very infectious - personally I like the cowbell - it's a hook unto itself so less would be more in that version - maybe just in the intro and in the quiet spot after the instrumental.

You've got a real knack for pulling out the best of these RTs. You mentioned about the echo line - you're right once would have been enough for another little "attention getting" ear candy. George Martin was great at dropping little things in here and there to keep the listeners interested, in addition to the song writing excellence he was working with.

Really good song - Ian
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/03/11 02:11 AM
Ian,

Thanks so much for your generous comments! There are 2 links to this song on this post. The top one is the serious one, and the bottom one is just a spoof for all the "gotta have more cowbell" folks. But seriously, I am probably going to redo the cowbell part (in the serious version), and make it just a tad more inventive and tasteful. But a little bit of cowbell does go a long way.

I do so appreciate your taking the time to listen, and comment!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/04/11 12:04 AM
Steve, it’s all been said!

Super song, great vocals, perfect instrumentation, great arrangement and an outstanding mix

Two thumbs up
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/05/11 03:02 AM
Mario,

Thanks so much! I always appreciate your time and comments!

I just updated the song, to the original (top) post. Added some more organ and guitar work.

Thanks again!

Steve
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/05/11 03:29 AM
Steve,
I love the arrangement. Especially the little break after the guitar - just one of the many things to enjoy.

Good time song. Make ya feel good. Plus it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

Well done.
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/05/11 06:24 PM
Good groove Steve. Nice job and excellent song.
Marty
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/07/11 03:29 AM
Josie,

Thanks so much! This one was a fun one to write and produce. It's not the best style for my voice, but I do like the groove! Thanks again!

Marty,

I really appreciate your kind words! Good to see you posting a new song. I enjoy your work.

Steve
Posted By: redguitars Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 06/07/11 12:09 PM
Hi Steve,

The first line, "When I Think About You" instantly nails the hook to the wall.
As the opening line, it's unforgettable from the first listen of the first verse. Well done. You can’t walk away from this song without it running through your head

The first line puts the melody in your head forever. I'm sitting here writing this post and in my head I'm hearing, When I Think About You, dada, da, da, da, da, da.

Great recording and vocals and as someone else said, a real toe tapper.

Thanks for sharing this, Wayne,
Posted By: PRearden Re: New Song - When I Think About You - 08/31/11 12:25 AM
You've got a great voice. Almost too good for the angst riddled "POP" genre, if you know what I mean. I could almost hear this song with more of a punk twist and Joey Ramone (RIP) singing it. I hear your voice in a much more dignified genre like praise music or at least "singer-songwriter".

I realize my comment is full of genre preconception and aural prejudice so feel free to ignore it and keep on truckin'
© PG Music Forums