PG Music Home
Posted By: occ It Was a Happy Happy Time for Me-- New Song - 09/13/11 09:58 PM
This a new song that I just wrote called "It was a happy, happy time for me". I used BIAB and Realband and real instruments. I did all the vocals and some piano. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks!! occ web page
occ,

You have a really nice sound. It somewhat reminds me of the Stamps Quartet - they used to sing with Elvis on his gospel records... Great job on this.

Bob
OCC, you knocked this one down. Nice work. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Hi occ,

I congratulate you on a mighty fine effort. The song, your singing and your arrangement are top class. A wonderful listen!

All the best,
Noel
OCC,

Very nice Southern Gospel sound here! You did a great job on all the vocals. Very impressive!

Steve
Posted By: occ Re: It Was a Happy Happy Time for Me-- New Song - 09/17/11 01:51 AM
Thanks everyone for listening. You are a great bunch!! occ
It was a happy time for me too ,great song OC !
Loving it here!
Great song. It reminded me of the wonderful "tent revivals" I have gone to. LOVED the harmony and simple but meaningful words. A real toe tapper and was left wanting more. Good job OCC!
Marty
I’m late to the part but I’m sure glad I came.

It’s all been said so all I can add is WOW THE IS JUST FANTASTIC. Loved the key changes. A toe taper for sure.

You have winner here OCC.
Great production 'specially the "was a happy time" repeats in the chorus 1.20ish
and the ending harmonies made me play the song again.
Thanks for the listen and for giving me some harmony ideas.

well done

Alyn
Posted By: occ Re: It Was a Happy Happy Time for Me-- New Song - 09/28/11 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone for listening. You usually don't get much response from religious music but I appreciate the ones that did respond. I'll take this time to say something about Marty Whittman's song that I did harmony on. This is a great song and Marty does a good job of writing songs and singing them and recording them. He is a real pro. occ
Cool song, enjoyed the vocal harmonies. This would sound great just acapella, i think. Kudos!
Great Job! Love the harmony.

Steve
Posted By: MrEd Re: It Was a Happy Happy Time for Me-- New Song - 10/07/11 08:59 PM
That's a perfect southern gospel song.
Very good job.
Did you record your vocals in RealBand? Sounds nice.
Posted By: occ Re: It Was a Happy Happy Time for Me-- New Song - 12/05/11 12:56 AM
Yes, I recorded all the vocals in realband. Thanks for listening. occ
© PG Music Forums