PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 02:22 AM
Another song that I wrote for the album, but I think it will go on the next one that is more in the rock arena as this isn't all that "country".

What If It Was Love

Everything but the Hammond was from Real Band.

And to the three people who continue to tell me to put the vocals more out front, don't say I didn't warn you!

Posted By: Rob Helms Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 03:16 AM
I can't listen at home, for some reason my system will not play songs on that site. Drat. Tommorrow i will giver 'er a listen.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 03:41 AM
Quote:

I can't listen at home, for some reason my system will not play songs on that site. Drat. Tommorrow i will giver 'er a listen.

Need a java or flash update maybe? Active X issue? Popup blocker?
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 04:50 AM
Good tune. Love the chorus.

My Music
Posted By: Tommyc Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 04:54 PM
I could still be Country Eddie with the way it's played today ! Sell Sell Sell !
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 09:24 PM
Listening at my desk at work! Bouncey kinda feel with a bit of Springsteen in it.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/21/11 09:40 PM
Quote:

Listening at my desk at work! Bouncey kinda feel with a bit of Springsteen in it.

That "heavy handed Hammond sound"!!

That was done by routing my ESQ-1 through 2 Alesis Midiverbs, with one set to flanger 56 and the second set to flanger 57. The time differences between the 2 patches is very subtle but it caused all that phasing and cancellation and gave it the swirl. The guy who plays in my band asked who brought teh Hammond over and lugged it up teh stairs.....
Posted By: Sundance Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/23/11 01:30 AM
Hey Eddie,

I love this! Reminds me a little bit of Huey Lewis.

By far my favorite song of yours!

I hope you write more in this genre.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: "What If It Was Love" - 09/23/11 05:34 PM
How funny is the songwriting game? I wrote this song and when it was done I was like "Weeeeellll, I need at least 10 songs so I will include it but I am not really crazy about it" about it, and now at least 7 people say it's the best of the bunch. I am amazed by that. I guess maybe we are our own harshest critic sometimes.....

Makes me smile that the ones I thought were the weakest are getting the best reviews. Insignificant Other was just a fun song, and Things That Go Together was one I almost trashed. Yet from sampling the CD to people, those 3, including What IF It Was Love, seem to be the faves.

I thought Do It All Again would be the hit.
© PG Music Forums