PG Music Home
Posted By: MrEd He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 01:13 AM
http://soundcloud.com/mred/he-dont-answer-anymore

This is another song my friend and I recorded a few years back using backing tracks from a keyboard. I used the chord wizard to chart the song and replaced all the music with BIAB and used the original vocal track. My friend, Dewayne, wrote the lyrics and also sings the vocals. While I wanted to include myself playing guitar I just didn't think it needed anything added to it. As a matter of fact I removed the drum track because it didn't seem to fit.

Dewayne wrote this song about a friend who had a family member with Alzheimer.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

http://soundcloud.com/mred/he-dont-answer-anymore
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 01:57 AM
Hi Mike,
Great song, and arrangement! Thanks for posting it. The violin works well with the melody, you have arranged that well. But above all, a beautiful composition!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 02:09 AM
Hi Mike,

What a wonderful song. This is very skilfully written, arranged and performed; Dewayne has a great voice. In my opinion, the way that you've put the song together is perfect. You've selected the right instruments for the job. I think you made the right call by removing the drums. What struck me most was that this song is written as second-person narrative. That's not a point of view that's often heard in lyrics: when it works, though, it works magnificently - as it did with these lyrics.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 02:40 AM
MIke,

Beautiful song and arrangement. It really works well without the drums. Great, great job.

Bob
Posted By: Brallan Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 04:48 AM
I don't listen to many contributions on this forum, and I comment on even fewer, but I was moved -- not just interested or impressed, but moved -- by your "answer any more."

My experience had nothing in common with the song narrative, but I was moved.... which means to me: Great song.
Posted By: Sundance Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 06:35 AM
Hi Mike,

Wow, what a sad song. Beautifully done and very moving. Great job using the ACW too - if you hadn't told, I would never have guessed.
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 10:18 AM

Nothing I can add to what's already been said.

One of the most moving and heartfelt songs I have ever heard. The feeling and emotion in every line - and in the vocal - is painfully perfect.

This is, quite simply, as good as it gets.

Excellent job.

Martin
Posted By: MrEd Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 11:54 AM
Dewayne and I have been best friends for 45 years and collaborated on a lot of songs but this one was really different. It causes so much emotion it’s hard not to tear up. I am by nature a very emotional person and the story this song tells is so sad it was difficult to complete. It’s what a lot of real people face every day and I can’t imagine the struggles they must endure. My heart goes out to them.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen and comment.

Mike
Posted By: occ Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 12:25 PM
Mike, this song really touched me. What more can I say. Thanks! I need to go and wipe my tears now. occ
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 02:43 PM
Great song, Great demo. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Posted By: jford Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 09/30/11 11:04 PM
Mike -

What a touching song. I'm passing this along to a friend who works closely with Alzheimer's patients.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 10/01/11 04:49 AM
Mike,

Great song. Sad, but true. My mother in law passed away about 10 years ago from Alzheimers. I jokingly say that we got along great, once she got to where she didn't know who I was. But seriously, we really did get along well. She was a wonderful Christian woman, who raised a great woman that I have been married to for 35 years now.

Thank you for sharing this very touching song.

Steve
Posted By: anieyo Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 10/07/11 10:45 AM
Beautiful song and lyrics, sir. Kudos, especially love the strings and vocals.
Posted By: trapper456 Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 02/19/12 12:54 AM
Excellent, I love this song. I am very impressed, I think that someone like Kenny Rogers could do this song. Wow, this was done with Band In A Box? What version did you do it in? My God That's a great song. What would I have to do to record this song? I may be doing a project where I am going to release a CD probably in the next year. I am a high tenor, but I can sing it at the key that you have it at. You have a great voice, I would like to hear more of what you have. You can reach me at 406-782-4117
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 02/19/12 01:02 AM
hi mike well done thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: MrEd Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 02/19/12 10:49 PM
Hi Bob

I called but no answer - I will try again soon. I didn't leave a message but here's the background on this song.

The vocals and lyrics for this song was done by my friend Dewayne. I myself can't sing. It was originally recorded a few years ago using backing tracks from a keyboard. I still had the original recording and using BIAB 2011.5 and the original vocals from the previous recording I put this together. All the music was done with BIAB and my daw is Sonar X1. While I do have the Sonar bundle file unfortunately due to a computer problem I no longer have the BIAB file but I think the following style was used excluding the drums:

_ALLISF.STY. Fast Ctry Bal w Fiddle (120 RS)
All RealTracks. Quintet.
RD: NASHVILLEEVEN8^1-SIDESTICK,RIDE :Brian Fullen
RT519: Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 120, Dow Tomlin
RT522: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120, Jason Roller
RT405: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120, Jason Roller
RT618: Fiddle, Background Allis Ev 120, Wanda Vick

I'm in the process of installing all of my software and hope to back to normal soon. It's been so long since I've used BIAB I've forgotten much of what I had learned. I do know it is the most amazing program I have ever used. It goes beyond anything I could have ever imagined when comes to making music – so many possibilities and the quality of the music is just great.

Thanks

Mike
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 02/20/12 04:58 AM
My mother died after spending a long period in an Alzheimer's home. This song accurately portrays the change from somebody we once knew into somebody who is totally removed from us in mind, but not in body.

You should post the words. They are a little bit hard to understand.. I had to listen multiple times to catch them.

IMO, There is a market for this song. It has high identification factor and strong emotional appeal.
Posted By: MrEd Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 02/20/12 05:19 PM
Hello Pat,

I am so sorry about your mother – my heart goes out to you. Having to experience that must have been so very hard for you. I hope the day comes when this disease will be no more.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks for your comments and I will try and get the words posted soon.

Take care,

Mike
Hey Mike this is Bob, I know that you tried to call me but we seem to be playing tag with this. OK here is my email address, maybe we can communicate that way. What I wanted to know is, can I get permission to record this song? I am trying to put together a disc of some originals and some covers. I now have a YouTube channel, I sing, and I wanted to know if I can get your permission to record this, I would like to make a lyrics YouTube video and I would put on there used by permission, and I would put your contact information just in the case that there was any interest in your song. I will also put on there that I re-done this song in BIAB 2011.5 and I sang it. Well, I hope that you give me permission as the writer (You)to record it. My personal e-mail address is rapidgeon9@bmi.net I can sing just about any style with this e-mail you should get the link to my YouTube channel, so you can choose that link and listen to some of the creations that I have already made. I have 2 versions of a song called "Crying For Love" A rock, and a country version of it. I also have kind of a christian rocker up there that I and a friend did called Child of GOD, and there are some instrumentals that I created with BIAB, and there are also some songs that I did on another project that I and another friend did. The songs are called Father of Love, The Pallet of The Lord, and another song called "One Golden Cross" These ones where recorded with real instruments I recorded mixed and mastered them in a program called Music Creator 2003. Again, if you would like to talk to me in person my number is 406-782-4117 or, you can E-Mail me at rapidgeon9@bmi.net Well, I hope to hear from you soon. Bob.... Oh and here is the URL that you can follow to get to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Musicmantrapper?feature=mhee
Mike,
Wonderful! The forum really covers all my thoughts as well. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: Malmck Re: He Don't Answer Anymore Mike this is Bob - 04/07/12 02:16 AM
Powerful stuff, made me think of my dad. Didn't have Alzheimer's, but now I can only hear him in my head.
Very nice!
WSS
Posted By: tributeman Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 04/08/12 06:02 PM
only just listened to this beautiful but very poignant song... very well done.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: He Don't Answer Anymore - 04/08/12 09:05 PM
Quote:

Mike, this song really touched me. What more can I say. Thanks! I need to go and wipe my tears now. occ

Big DITTO here . . . thanks for sharing.

Later,
Classic sad country.
Good work.
WSS
© PG Music Forums