PG Music Home
Posted By: Sundance Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 02:49 AM
Hey everybody,

"Santa Stop Here" is a fun new original Christmas song and video by Josie and Bob. We hope all you kids at heart and the kids you know and love will enjoy it. To see the lyrics - click "more details" on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvpNyxGUiw

It's kind of a Spector girl group meets Springsteen feel good song. Or maybe not LOL but it was fun.

Josie on vox/harmonies. Mixed in Tracktion. Video by Bob.
RT's used:
Drums RockClassicBrit
Bass Hard Rock 995
Guitars 1033, 1031 and some Brent.
Organ 686, Vibes 1220, Sax 1716

Your comments are welcome and appreciated!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 08:12 AM
Nice song!

I was going to add a couple "constructive" criticisms, but my 9 year old daughter (who should have been in bed hours ago) is standing next to me, is smiling and dancing along with video.

So it look like you've connected with your target audience.
Posted By: kerkenat Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 11:19 AM
That is so cute, Josie.

How was the 'animation' made?

Kent
Posted By: gibson Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 11:46 AM
dcuny's daughter said it all!!!

Yours is more in the true spirit of Christmas And it's a little less cynical than mine last year.
How was the animation done, it fitted wonderfully?

Alyn
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 12:48 PM
Hi Josie,

Wow!!! This one had me smiling, laughing and tapping my foot from start to finish. What a terrific work for your catalogue Great music, great lyrics, great harmony, great ... well EVERYTHING! Bob sure has put together a great little treat of a video, too.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 03:47 PM
David, Kent, Alyn & Noel,

Thanks so much for listening/watching the video. Josie and I are really glad you enjoyed it.

For the video, we used a combination of vintage and newer footage, which required editing to fit the song. The video was produced in iMovie 11.

Bob
Posted By: jphillips Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 03:57 PM
Hi Bob:

I'm curious. How did you get the rights to use the footage?

John
Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 04:13 PM
Hi John,

I hold a couple of paid memberships with public domain providers of royalty free video footage.

Bob
Posted By: jphillips Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 04:39 PM
Hi Bob:

That's a great resource. Which providers are those? I'll bet other BIAB users would use something like that when creating videos for their songs.

Thanks.

John
Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 05:42 PM
John,

There are many resources available - the three I like the best are Pond5, iStock and Shutterstock.

Bob
Posted By: jphillips Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 07:33 PM
Bob:

Thanks for the information.

John
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 07:48 PM
Hey David,

That's just the reaction we hoped for from your daughter! Made my day!

Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 08:03 PM
Hey Kent,

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it and I see Bob already answered your question.

Hey John,

Thanks for watching. Bob put in hours of hard work and did a fantastic job on this video. We're getting him a director's chair and a megaphone for Christmas so he can fling his arms in the air and yell cut at the computer. LOL!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 08:47 PM
Hey Alyn,

Glad you enjoyed it! We thought animation would fit the lyrics making it more fun to watch and enhance the beat. Bob and I can tell you this without hesitation - Christmas songs are hard to write.

Hey Noel,

So glad you like it! We believe we have something really special with this song and put the time and hard work into it. Thank you for everything you said.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 08:52 PM
Hey Ya'll,

When you watch the video -

please take a moment and leave us a "like" whlle you're on youtube.

Thank you!!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 10/31/11 10:46 PM
Quote:

dcuny's daughter said it all!!!

Alyn

Yes she did! Great song and video. I really like your vocals on this one. It sounds like you were having fun singing it.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/01/11 01:09 AM
Hey Mario,

Thank you! We're so glad you like it!

Love writing the love songs but it was fun to do something a little different and get in the kid spirit.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/01/11 04:29 AM
Josie & Bob,

Great song! Very catchy, nice production, and awesome video! Again, I'm a fan of yours!

Steve
Josie

Very nice, and great production, believe you had fun making it.

// Jan
Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/02/11 02:33 AM
Hey Steve,

Thanks so much for watching. As always, Josie and I really appreciate your feedback and support.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/02/11 02:34 AM
Jan,

Thanks - we are glad you enjoyed it. We had a lot of fun putting this together.

Bob
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/02/11 11:34 AM
Josie you have such a wonderful voice. Very well suited for this song. The song was rockin' to. Loved the dancing Santa anima. Merry early Christmas. May the grace and peace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you and yours this holiday season.

My Music
I have always loved Christmas songs and this really brings out the holiday spirit. Good job Josie. Wonderfully done.
Marty
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/03/11 02:35 AM
Thanks for sharing. I really like the flow of the words on the chorus, and the lighthearted feeling of the song is really refreshing.
-Patrick
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/03/11 10:22 AM
Hi Josie,

Great stuff. See where you're coming from with the Spector comment, but it stands on it's own as a good fun Christmas song!

The only suggestion I have, and it is a minor one and purely my own opinion.

I think if you added the word "please" to the hook, as in:

"Santa santa, santa ...please stop here" it would make the line sing a lot better as you would lose the sibilant alliteration of "Santa Stop..." which sings a little clumsily.

Or even " Santa, santa, santa...Santa please stop here!"

Also, it would reiterate how desperate - not to say polite - our little boy is in wanting Santa to stop!!

Anyway, great job guys!!

Martin
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/05/11 02:00 AM
Jan,

Thank you - it was lots of fun for sure. I'm so glad you liked it.

Steve,

Thank you very much. Always appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment.

Robert,

I'm so glad you thought it was rockin' And thank you for the warm wishes!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/05/11 02:13 AM
Marty,

Me too! Thank you so much!

Patrick,

Lighthearted and refreshing - we like that! Thank you!

Martin,

Thank you for the suggestion and the kind comments. We're really glad you enjoyed it!

Posted By: rsdean Re: Santa Stop Here - New Christmas Song - 11/25/11 04:12 PM
Robert, Marty, Patrick & Martin,

Thanks so much for listening and commenting. We really appreciate that.

Bob
© PG Music Forums